Pocketbook Holsters

OK- I have to ask the opinion on these. I understand it's a little more difficult for women to conceal because baggier clothes don't look as good, but how safe are they, really?

How "legal" are they, if at all, in MA- because don't the seriously increase the chances of you not being in control of your gun? I know on the rare occasions that I carry a handbag, I put that thing down frequently.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences? Anyone?

If the bag is not within your reach, it could easily be stolen, kids could get in there (looking at serious felony charges) and you could be subject to felony charges about "improper storage".

It's a subject of debate if the gun is beyond your reach does that mean it's being stored (loaded and unlocked = felony). Many PDs would charge you, some might not.

I'd look at alternate ways to carry if possible.

I use a fanny pack. It is made for carrying. For one I am not one to really carry a purse. Usually if I do carry a purse it is not very big.

My Wife wears one too . . . and as soon as she enters the doorway of someone's house, she drops the fanny pack by the door!

I told her it is a damn good thing she doesn't carry!

I also fail to understand the female genetic thing where women drop their purses as soon as they go in someone's house, usually by the door, out of sight of anyone in the house. A great invitation to theft (not necessarily by those inside the house!).

When I worked for BC PD in the dorms, women did the same thing there, left their dorm apt door open so people could come and go from the beer parties. And then they wonder why their purses got stolen. Anyone walking by basically reach in the door and head on down the hall with a haul!

Yes I have to agree. I mean, I'm trying to figure out if/how a pocketbook holster could work. But I agree, like I said, first thing I do is ditch my pocket book when I get to my destination. So I wouldn't be in control of the gun, and how obvious would it be to always be the one woman with her bag on her at all times?

I just wish there was a better solution. Maybe I'll get some thunderwear...

I do both pocketbook as well as fanny pack. When I can't wear a holster, or do a fanny pack, it's in the bag. IF the bag comes off my shoulder, it's placed between my feet, or over my leg (sitting at a table, etc), or on my lap. In whatever case, I make sure that if some little snot got it in to his head to try and steal it, he'd have a damn hard time doing it.

SiameseRat said:

Takes a couple of days to get used to it, but it works pretty well. And you can still wrestle puppies without losing the gun. [lol]

www.smartcarry.com No, I don't get a commission. Yes, I have one. No, you can't tell I'm carrying.

dwarven1 said:
SiameseRat said:

Takes a couple of days to get used to it, but it works pretty well. And you can still wrestle puppies without losing the gun. [lol]

www.smartcarry.com No, I don't get a commission. Yes, I have one. No, you can't tell I'm carrying.

looks, umm, yeah [lol]

Back
Top Bottom