• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket Carry - Help me out

For those who pocket carry a subcompact semi, (semi auto- not boner Atilla) do you recommend a good pocket holster?

Looking at them online, the shape of them seems really odd like it wouldn't fit right in the pocket of khakis or dress pants. Are they only designed for jean style pockets?

I don't want to order something and see that it doesn't work 5 seconds after opening the package. I almost exclusively wear khakis/chinos for work.

For me, I use a DeSantis Nemesis with a S&W M&P Bodyguard. I wear it with my khakis without a problem at all.

Aloha

Oh and Atilla has switched to keyster carry....

My pocket is the holster. J-frame disappears. A sub semi is hidden from printing with a pair of cargo pants where the leg pocket is stitched high enough to conceal any printing of the muzzle or slide.

It sounds like your question is square pockets vs pointed pockets. I've found the squarer holsters to be best for both style pockets. The more pointed holsters tend to roll in larger pockets so you never know what you'll find when you stick your hand in your pocket ([wink]).

For me: Desantis Nemesis.

Disclaimer: I mostly wear cargos these days but have pocket carried in khakis and it worked fine.

LCR in a Nemesis here. Dress slacks during the week; sometimes jeans. Gun disappears and feels like a wallet. Try to find pants with deeper pockets though and obviously they can't be on the tighter side because that would be uncomfortable with a gun.

The first thing I would consider is the shape of the bottoms of your pants pockets. If they are flat bottomed, then match them to a flat bottomed holster, if tapered, then go that route.

I've used the nemesis, and a few leather types, all have been pretty good.

If I were buying another one today, I would want leather with a thumb push off and a full front face to eliminate printing.

For those who pocket carry a subcompact semi, (semi auto- not boner Atilla) do you recommend a good pocket holster?

Looking at them online, the shape of them seems really odd like it wouldn't fit right in the pocket of khakis or dress pants. Are they only designed for jean style pockets?

I don't want to order something and see that it doesn't work 5 seconds after opening the package. I almost exclusively wear khakis/chinos for work.

I wear Haggar brand work-to-weekend "dress" pants, any of those pocket holsters will fit fine.

If I were buying another one today, I would want leather with a thumb push off and a full front face to eliminate printing.
I bought a pair of Bianchi pocket holsters set up like this for the same reason. I actually found they printed worse, the edges of the full face stuck out badly. Tried to break them in by wrapping them in rubber bands but couldn't get the leather to round enough.

Is there a leather one that you've used that works better?

Aloha

Alabama Holsters makes a kydex pocket holster that is comfortable and smoothes out the outlines of the firearms nicely. There is a Hickok45 long review of the Alabama pocket holster on YouTube. High Noon Holsters make a nice J hook pocket holster in leather with a grippy outside. That works well as well. I prefer both over a remora pocket holster. I find that the remora pocket holster will come out of the pocket more than the other two pocket Holsters above.

A Desantis Nemisis or Uncle Mike's Pocket holster with my S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 works for me,

with Jeans, Khakis or Dress Pants.

Heck you can hide a Bodyguard 380 on you almost anywhere!

For me, I use a DeSantis Nemesis with a S&W M&P Bodyguard. I wear it with my khakis without a problem at all.

I also use a Desantis nemesis for both my LCP and LCR. It fits well in all my pants without too much shifting around and is easy to draw with. Fairly cheap also so if you don't like it, you are not out much $

- - - Updated - - -

I also use a Desantis nemesis for both my LCP and LCR. It fits well in all my pants without too much shifting around and is easy to draw with. Fairly cheap also so if you don't like it, you are not out much $

I have a Nemesis for my Bodyguard .380 and also for my LC9s. The one for the BG is just right. Good size and good level of grip. The one for the LC9S is huge and won't even fit in a big Carhartt pants pocket.
Remora is my second choice. They can be ordered in different colors, liners and cuts for semi or full sweat shield. I mostly use a full sweat shield version for my BG in a rear jersey pocket when road cycling. I also use one to occasionally pocket carry the LC9s in Carhartts and it's pretty good The Remora is EXTREMELY grippy...to the point that it pulls my pocket inside out when removing the holster. If you're considering a Remora, get on the email list. He does a lot of crazy specials like 40% off and a free mag holder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom