Plymouth Teacher Placed on Leave For Gun Comment

I had a science teacher in grammar school that taught us a whole class on different gun powders and how a cartrage actually works. I can remember him actually breaking down a live 30-06 round with separator mallet and passing it around and burning off black and smokeless powders in class. Come to think about it I believe he went into describing different bullets and what they can penetrate depending how and what they’re made of. He was a fantastic teacher. Can you imagine that today?

I feel bad for today’s youth

At the rate things are going no veterans will ever be able to work for a school system. It will either be discrimination based on unfounded 'PTSD' safety concerns or 'militarism' or that a person was a 'trained killer', etc.
~20 Years ago schools were taking stands against the national anthem as 'too militaristic' and shunning the pledge of allegiance in solidarity with commie B.S, banning recruiters over nonsense, ending JROTC programs and even banning Boy/Girl Scouts. The way schools are now actively using children as political pawns and props in activism, it's only going to get worse.

I wouldn't put it past Healey or some other future loon governor to try and put the entire member list of NES on an EPO list for disarmament for being 'gun nuts'.

This shit is definitely coming. But I think the nation keeps adding more gun owners so the true libs are actually outnumbered, they just have the media and parts of government on their side.

.......A fellow a few seats away from me looked over and said, "There is no reason anyone should have any more than 6 round magazines."

I did not respond.

He said, "Well, do you agree or not?"

I said, "I don't talk to idiots."
idiot?? he did say magazine instead of clip, didn't he?

The way I heard it:
  • School was in lock down due to medical emergency.
  • Some students said it would be a good opportunity to steal test answers online/from teacher.
  • Teacher overheard and said something like "the answers are at home, locked in the safe with my gun."
  • A snowflake freaked at the word "gun" and all hell broke loose.
  • Teacher has been exonerated by LEOs.
  • School and parents continue at full retard
  • News media fans the flames to incite hysteria.
  • One man's career is probably ruined.
The lunatics are truly running the asylum.

Last edited:
No. New Hampshire might need a wall soon.

I'm not really sure I get the "New Hampshire" stuff.
Besides the fact that we all pretty much sink or swim as one, one of the basic tenets has always been fight the war while it's still on the other guys turf, so you don't have to fight it on yours.

They need to teach the libtards that it's not a gun, it's a microphone to speak their praise and loyalty to the Hilderbeast

I'm not really sure I get the "New Hampshire" stuff.
Besides the fact that we all pretty much sink or swim as one, one of the basic tenets has always been fight the war while it's still on the other guys turf, so you don't have to fight it on yours.

Guys who’ve paid to move to NH need to think that the move made sense. So they tend to get militant.

I’m not blaming them, even if they get annoying.

I'm actually going to take a contrary view here...

I have a problem with the teacher's statement, not necessarily because he said 'GUN!', but because his response was probably intended to be a threat. The chosen weapon in that statement is immaterial, and the teacher is either a real jackass or mentally incompetent. I'm going with jackass. Why would he say next to my gun? What if he had said, "It's at home next to my barbwire covered baseball bat named 'Lucille'. Context people, context...

Imagine someone responded to your kid with such a statement that includes a similar thinly veiled threat. How would you respond? I don't take threats to my family lightly and would have gone directly to the school to have a serious discussion with the head principal. Oh wait, this involves 'GUNS', which trumps family and suspends logic.
[rolleyes]

I have a problem with the teacher's statement, not necessarily because he said 'GUN!', but because his response was probably intended to be a threat. The chosen weapon in that statement is immaterial, and the teacher is either a real jackass or mentally incompetent. I'm going with jackass. Why would he say next to my gun? What if he had said, "It's at home next to my barbwire covered baseball bat named 'Lucille'. Context people, context...

Imagine someone responded to your kid with such a statement that includes a similar thinly veiled threat. How would you respond? I don't take threats to my family lightly and would have gone directly to the school to have a serious discussion with the head principal. Oh wait, this involves 'GUNS', which trumps family and suspends logic.
[rolleyes]

This was high school. Lots of well-liked high school teachers joke with students all the time. They routinely get away with comments that, if they were reported in print, would look outrageous. But in context, they’re just jokes.

This struck me as one of those kind of comments.

I tell my students frequently, when they ask about sea-level rise, Yellowstone, North Korea, or a bunch of other off-topic bullshit, “that’s why I’m hoarding canned goods and ammo.” I say it all the time. It always gets a laugh and communicates to them that I don’t feel like addressing their question right now, but that I’ve thought about it.

It’s also the truth.

But if it was taken out of context? “According to former students, Mr Picton has a long history of referring to stockpiles of ammunition. Authorities are investigating. This is Dan Hausle, reporting live!”

I have a problem with the teacher's statement, not necessarily because he said 'GUN!', but because his response was probably intended to be a threat.

We don't know that (or I don't know that) for sure. Logic tells me that in this political climate it would be the height of irresponsibility and stupidity if he meant it as a threat. But I wasn't there, so I'm going to assume he's not stupid and it was said in the same context as if he had said "the answers are locked up tight in my safe and you'll never get them".

In any case, assuming he has an LTC, his statement was at worst an admission to following the law for safe storage of a firearm. The police seem to agree: no story here (aside from mass hysteria).

I am a parent with kids this age in school. If the teacher's a nutcase, that's one thing, but I think the intent of this was pretty harmless and has been overblown by the media and the anti-gun lefties.

This was high school. Lots of well-liked high school teachers joke with students all the time. They routinely get away with comments that, if they were reported in print, would look outrageous. But in context, they’re just jokes.

This struck me as one of those kind of comments.

I tell my students frequently, when they ask about sea-level rise, Yellowstone, North Korea, or a bunch of other off-topic bullshit, “that’s why I’m hoarding canned goods and ammo.” I say it all the time. It always gets a laugh and communicates to them that I don’t feel like addressing their question right now, but that I’ve thought about it.

It’s also the truth.

But if it was taken out of context? “According to former students, Mr Picton has a long history of referring to stockpiles of ammunition. Authorities are investigating. This is Dan Hausle, reporting live!”

I get your point and would not have a problem with your joking. Maybe what the teacher said was a joke- I didn't get that, however. Sounded more like "You wanna try to steal the answers? Me and my gun will stop you." Anyway, the teacher is an idiot. And yes, people are overreacting. Only people who deserve to react are the parents, and only if the context made it out to be a threat.

If I was looking to refer to the most secure spot in my house, my initial off the cuff response would be "In my gun safe."

"I can just get the test answers online..."

"No because they are in my safe next to my gun."

Clearly a joke. And clearly a threat. That is what makes it a joke. Now is it a valid threat? Of course not. Was it an appropriate joke? We know the answer to that now.

There are people who relish taking others out over polically driven agenda by any means possible. Whoever reported this knew exactly what they were doing and was probably quite impressed over the outcome. Beware of those within your own circle who would jump at the chance to do something similar. They are out there...

Next thing you know they'll be calling the police on the resource officer for having a gun (despite being a cop). Then again given the results of Parkland, obviously their sheriffs don't need them.
Though given the political atmosphere at the moment he should have probably known better than to go that far in his statement (still not a big deal) people seriously need to relax. It's not like he said he'd shoot the student with his gun from his safe where the answers were. Still can't believe the gall of the tide-pod muncher to go as far as to say "I'll just go find the answers online."

If I was looking to refer to the most secure spot in my house, my initial off the cuff response would be "In my gun safe."

But not to a classroom full of animals and SJW's, LOL.

I get the other points. Guess I'd have to know more about the intent to judge whether a bullying threat or not. In any case, if I were PO'd as a parent it would have almost nothing to do with a gun, per se. Clearly that's not the case for all the triggered snowflakes.

SJW’s are cancer to society, and sadly, schools and universities and government has become totally infected with them. Like cancer, it’s likely to end with the death of society.

987D0D81-6B8F-4338-9E85-D5302AB730E7.jpeg

Guys who’ve paid to move to NH need to think that the move made sense. So they tend to get militant.

I’m not blaming them, even if they get annoying.
Sort of like guys in Ma. that are convinced that all their hand wringing and teeth gnashing will make it all change. Dream on!

The teacher told the students he had a gun in his car.

You heard this from another teacher who heard it from someone else yet you post it as a statement of fact, that he told the kids he had a gun in his car. Excellent!

If he had a gun in his car we’d know about it by now since there was a police investigation. If he didn’t have a gun in his car why would he open up a nasty can of worms for himself by lying about it? What could he have possibly gained by making up a story about having a gun in his car? If he is that stupid then he shouldn’t be teaching kids. You must think it inconceivable that someone embellished or that the story morphed as it passed from person to person as they often do. Nope, you with your “inside” information state that he told the kids he had a gun in his car.

You heard this from another teacher who heard it from someone else yet you post it as a statement of fact, that he told the kids he had a gun in his car. Excellent!

If he had a gun in his car we’d know about it by now since there was a police investigation. If he didn’t have a gun in his car why would he open up a nasty can of worms for himself by lying about it? What could he have possibly gained by making up a story about having a gun in his car? If he is that stupid then he shouldn’t be teaching kids. You must think it inconceivable that someone embellished or that the story morphed as it passed from person to person as they often do. Nope, you with your “inside” information state that he told the kids he had a gun in his car.

Relax.

He didn’t say the teacher said that as a part of this incident. I read it as something he’d told some other teacher some other time, as if Pofs’ source was talking about him after this incident, and dropped it in as something he’d heard previously in an unrelated way.

You don’t know. So until you do, relax.

Back
Top Bottom