Plymouth Show?

I really hope that shooting supply from Westport is able to go to the show and set up several tables, bring a huge inventory, at honest prices, and sell everything before the show is done. Show the rest of the crowd how it should be done. There is another post on here indicating that shooting supply has been informed that they are no longer welcome at the shows because their pricing is lower then everybody else. Other vendors feel it is not fair. I feel that the shows are designed for new license holders who have fistful of cash and just want to make that first purchase regardless of the price. If all you want is jerky there’s other ways to get it.

53785461_2180967818664261_5173926400301727744_n.jpg

I believe the photo was taken at Wilmington today. Probably before the doors opened, because there were at least twice as many people at the show today than showing in the photo.

Not the usual crowd!
So I am reading through the forum and I see this post. Quite unremarkable until I realized that it it is Hugo's first post after joining nearly a year and a half ago. Four words, one exclamation point in over 17 months and it is a comment on the relative size of the crowd at a gun show... Let me be the first to say welcome Hugo. Please don't wait as long for your second post. [cheers]
Edit: I just liked your post. Now you are one of the elite members with a likes to posts ratio of 100%. [wink]

Last edited:
I walked right in at 9:30 AM. Not crowded, and the show did not even fill the facility. I parked in the Home Depot lot and took the free shuttle. I was the only one on it for both trips.

Looked at 45 Shield 2.0 at the Tombstone exhibit. It was priced right at $425, but did not buy it as I was wondering about the recoil. Probably should have pulled the trigger on it so too speak. Will have too try one out. Definitely seemed a good value for the money.

I was at the show this morning. All ammo was kept in a restricted corral. Needed to present your LTC for admission and the privilege to buy overpriced ammo. Evidently this was a requirement of the promoter after the Wilmington incident.

I went at 10. There were maybe 50 people there when I walked in. Much more when I walked out 10:30. Not a whole lot to see.

Went today. I go to keep the spirit going. Not sure if it's my spirit, the dealers spirits or the cultures spirit. <MO> My reaction, knife/gun shows in Massachusetts are dying. We should have a thread of gun shows in Massachusetts are dead, instead of a Seattle is Dying thread. Pretty soon even the beef jerky guy won't be there.</MO>

Anybody see any decent used .22 Mag rifles? Even a single shot?

Is that Qmmo guy that does reloads still around? Does he do any gun shows?

The beef jerky guy is there. I mean the good one from Maine. He had that great honey jerky and the best, smoked cheese you could imagine, as well as sausage. All the way to the show, I was telling my first gun show nephew, about the beef jerky guy, but a lady at the ammo booth told us that he wasn't there, so when we found him, I was so happy I could just pee. Did I mention that the beef jerky guy is at the show. He'll be at Marlboro too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if ar500 steel plates were available at the show ?
Yes there was a dealer selling steel plates. Looked like they had a good selection but I didn't look close enough to say whether they were ar500. I assume they were since it was solely a steel plate dealer.

Definitely smaller than the previous years but did find some good deals. Bought a Springfield Armory 1911 w/compensator that was gunsmith by Bob Javery for a fair price and Ruger bearcat for an ever better price. Not a bad trip but it’s only 6 miles down the street for me.

Definitely smaller than the previous years but did find some good deals. Bought a Springfield Armory 1911 w/compensator that was gunsmith by Bob Javery for a fair price and Ruger bearcat for an ever better price. Not a bad trip but it’s only 6 miles down the street for me.

Bob did a Colt and a Springfield for me years ago. You'll be happy with his work. Someone told me that he passed away. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom