• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth Rod & Gun Club Youth Marksmanship Program

JonJ

NES Member
YOUTH RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM 2005

The club is conducting another youth rifle marksmanship program for boys and girls, ages 10-17 this year. The program shall focus on gun safety, marksmanship and care & handling.

It will run for 6 Monday evenings, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, June through August. All rifles, ammunition and other supplies shall be furnished at no charge.

There is a mandatory orientation and enrollment session for parents and children on Monday, June 13th., 6:00 pm in the Upper Clubhouse.

Only 20 youth shall be enrolled. Ten firing points will be utilized. Adult coaches are needed. So if you enjoy being around young people, join us on 6/13.
http://www.plymouthrodandgun.org/

I believe that club member's family have first crack but it is open to the public.
My 12 yr old daughter has expessed and interest. Looks like I may have a shootin' buddy!

The program concluded Monday evening, Aug 15th with a balloon shoot. The kids all had a blast. We got a good write up with a couple photos in the local paper, Old Colony Memorial. Unfortunatly the story didn't make it online.
The program will be repeated next year if anyone is interested.
Some kids including my daughter, were looking for a youth program so that they could continue. We currently do not have one but I hear there is a youth program at the Pembroke club.

Jon,

Many gun clubs have junior rifle programs (usually run during school year), open to anyone of proper age. All that I know of do NOT require that a parent be a member of the club.

Some of these clubs advertise what they do, but many don't for fear of upsetting the sheeple.

If you want to find out what's down your way, give Jon Green at GOAL a call, that's his area of expertise (training, especially juniors). 508-393-5333 If you speak with him, please give him my regards.

Back
Top Bottom