• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth Police K-9 shot by handler

mikeyp

NES Member
Times are getting so bad the police are shooting their own dogs

Plymouth, Mass. — A Plymouth Police K-9 was shot by its handler on Tuesday morning.

According to officials, the K-9 team was on scene getting ready to track someone when the dog attacked its handler.

The officer allegedly tried to get the dog under control but had to shoot it for safety reasons.

That officer, who has not yet been named, was transported to South Shore Hospital.

View: https://twitter.com/rgoulston/status/1343966126468956160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1343966126468956160%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boston25news.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fplymouth-police-k-9-shot-by-handler%2F2CUV5C3WSJBCRM4PXYAQ2RW3TI%2F

Cop must feel like a complete a**h***. Something probably to it that we will never know, dogs don't usually do that for no reason.

Cop kills cop, nothing to see here move along.

It's a shame the dag wasn't afforded the same QI that it's handler would receive.
They will probably say a police officer assaulted another police officer and the guy had no option but shoot.

Dogs are like people.
Some are nice, some are a-holes and some just go mental.
True, but most here don,t like something that cut and dried. They like things that they can tear apart, kind of like a rogue K-9.
Oh, we're right back where we started. Oh well.

Cop kills cop, nothing to see here move along.

It's a shame the dag wasn't afforded the same QI that it's handler would receive.

Should be an internal investigation should there not?
I mean, the way the police treat their dogs and overtime you'd almost expect some sort of internal affairs thing to bolster the coffers.

True, but most here don,t like something that cut and dried. They like things that they can tear apart, kind of like a rogue K-9.
Oh, we're right back where we started. Oh well.

Who knows , maybe the guy was abusing the dog and it finally had enough of his shit.
They just did a quick bit on the news a little while ago that stated "It was not the first incident between the two" .
Whatever that means.

I have seen dogs that for the first few years of their lives were just big doofy lovable babies just go full on Cujo.
Never abused, loving home, just like someone flipped a switch .
They never came back from it either.
Both ended up being put down .

The bright side is the guy they were looking for was probably spared being ripped apart. If the handler had no control then he had no control.

He’s been suspended for destruction of department property right? How much money has been spent on the purchase/training/housing/care of that K9? My cruiser started pulling hard to the right. Not the first time it’s happened, I set it on fire before it hurts someone.

This has happened before.

All the same jokes in that thread.

Also, "not the first time this happened with that dog, too".

I can't find the older article and google search is peppered with this latest incident.

I am really sure this happened - unless I'm having a mega deja vu.

Or, as the previous post says - maybe that dog just attacked the handler.

Anyway - "Now even the dogs are turning on the police."

EDIT:

News says dog bit handler in past. Sent back for training. Then allowed to return.
Sooooo, he should have shot the dog the first time, or, Cujo should have been euthanized and this could have been avoided?
Bad situation all around, there are no winners here. Except maybe the bad guy that avoided meeting Cujo.
I wonder how often something like this actually happens? I'm guessing it might not be all that uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom