Plymouth motorcycle officer dies in crash.

cbrxx

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
RIP

Glad to start seeing the street sweepers out last week and the good amount of rain over the past weekend. The roads are looking better. Hope to get out for a ride this weekend.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm sorry for the loss, RIP, spring months are deadliest for bikers.

... but JFC [thinking] WTF happened, unless you hit a pothole you don't just get knocked out of your bike.
I'm familiar with that road, it has lots of weird bumps and other things on it. Also people tend to slam on the brakes when they go down and around the corner and see cars stacked at the light to get into the left lane and turn up Pilgrim hill rd. I have no idea but something like that could have been a factor.

RIP

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It says the motorcycle "came to rest" a quarter mile down the road. I thought they meant it kept on traveling for a quarter mile after he was off. A bike will stay up as long as the throttle is engaged, That would mean the bikes throttle was stuck and maybe he jumped off because he had no control over the bike.
Other possibility is that he was hit and the other vehicle dragged the bike for a quarter mile and then took off.
So many possibilities. Maybe they'll have more info on the news tonight.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
RIP Officer. Whatever happened, it's a sad event. I also thought they said the bike kept going for another 1/4 mile. To me that meant up on two wheels and going by itself. If it meant crashing end over end down the street he had to be flying when he hit a bad bump or something.

Bob J

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I guess he was riding with another patrolman when the accident occurred.....[thinking]

He and another officer were traveling west bound at about 2:30 p.m. when the crash happened
Plymouth's police chief said there is no obvious reason for the crash and it doesn't appear the motorcycles touched each other.
plymouth-officer-involved-in-accident

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They have some thing in front of the police station now only saw a huge flag and blue lights from route 3. Traffic at exit 5 backed up onto Highway.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
RIP

Did anyone else see the picture of the bike on it's side? It look as though the front tire was completely slick. Other than that, wondering if it was the horrible condition of the roads or even a medical situation causing the fall.

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They have some thing in front of the police station now only saw a huge flag and blue lights from route 3. Traffic at exit 5 backed up onto Highway.
I drove by the Plymouth Police Station today. The memorial was very touching. Police, firemen, and locals were their honoring the fallen police officer.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was talking with him just hours before he died. These events reiterate to me just how fleeting life can be.

Guys on here talk all the time about how they wish our profession was filled with more "good ones." Gregg wasn't just a good one, he was one the best of them. He was a great police officer, who approached his job with fairness and kindness. He was also a great family man, and my heart aches for his two boys.

It's been a long past 24 hours and we are all absolutely heartbroken. All the prayers and well-wishes are very much appreciated.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm not sure if it would have made much of a difference here, but I really wish police motorcycle officers would ride with better gear.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Obie, after burying 2 of our own recently, I'm sorry to your side of the brotherhood. Godspeed to him. Be safe out there..... Cheers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Obie, after burying 2 of our own recently, I'm sorry to your side of the brotherhood. Godspeed to him. Be safe out there..... Cheers
Thanks.

I had the honor of saying goodbye as I stood by doing casket guard early Friday morning. One of the most honorable experiences of my life.

Every word about him spoken in death was true in life. Without exception. He would talk to me about guns the way I would look to him about cars. His father was a big gun guy and he'd tell me about what his dad liked to shoot.

You guys would have liked him. He was the type of cop all of us ascribe to be. We all miss him. A lot.

SPG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thanks.

I had the honor of saying goodbye as I stood by doing casket guard early Friday morning. One of the most honorable experiences of my life.

Every word about him spoken in death was true in life. Without exception. He would talk to me about guns the way I would look to him about cars. His father was a big gun guy and he'd tell me about what his dad liked to shoot.

You guys would have liked him. He was the type of cop all of us ascribe to be. We all miss him. A lot.
Obie, Gregg was in Metro-Mop, he was in my squad. He was a highly skilled rider, and a good man, in my opinion, he will be missed..

There have been questions in this thread about training. This team trains monthly, mainly riding but also more specialized areas most street cops don't have opportunity to partake in. We also do a yearly two day re-cert. the initial " basic" police motorman cert is 40-80 hour course, ending with a stringent pass or fail test. You don't pass, you lose your motor.

Sorry for mini rant, if a man or woman is on one of the teams, State, Boston, Metro-lec, Nem-lec, or the other Mops, Quincy, Cambridge, they are well trained and maintain it.
SPG

Top Bottom