Plymouth motorcycle officer dies in crash.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm sorry for the loss, RIP, spring months are deadliest for bikers.

... but JFC
“There was no obvious reason for the bike to go down,” Chief Botieri said Tuesday night. “There was no other vehicles involved.”
[thinking] WTF happened, unless you hit a pothole you don't just get knocked out of your bike.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm sorry for the loss, RIP, spring months are deadliest for bikers.

... but JFC [thinking] WTF happened, unless you hit a pothole you don't just get knocked out of your bike.
RIP...

As far as falling off, a dog or animal runs out and he locked up the front, started a power wobble and got tossed? Who knows, maybe a witness will come forth. The bike went another 1/4 mile down the road, I don't think he would be standing on the seat or anything.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
RIP...

As far as falling off, a dog or animal runs out and he locked up the front, started a power wobble and got tossed? Who knows, maybe a witness will come forth. The bike went another 1/4 mile down the road, I don't think he would be standing on the seat or anything.

not to interrupt the stream of condolences, but do those Harleys even have ABS or decent handling vs the bad ass look? How much ****ing training do they do practicing emergency stops on those bikes? Shit happens, but that's one of the big things they teach you in safe riding course ... emergency stops, practice them until it becomes second nature. It doesn't make things less tragic and shit happens to the best of riders, but given how much cops get to practice with their firearms it makes me suspicious how much training and practice guy had riding.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
As many times after a real winter, the roads are a complete mess. RIP Officer Maloney

- - - Updated - - -

not to interrupt the stream of condolences, but do those Harleys even have ABS or decent handling vs the bad ass look? How much ****ing training do they do practicing emergency stops on those bikes? Shit happens, but that's one of the big things they teach you in safe riding course ... emergency stops, practice them until it becomes second nature. It doesn't make things less tragic and shit happens to the best of riders, but given how much cops get to practice with their firearms it makes me suspicious how much training and practice guy had riding.

Who knows....He could have had a heart attack or another medical emergency. Food for thought....

6Gears1Speed

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Wow that sucks. RIP.
Along with sand, salt and pot holes I also worry about cold tires so I don't even bother trying to ride until it's in the 60's +. Cold tires can be as slippery as sand. I'm anxious to know what the cause was.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Most of the motorcycle cops I've seen are EXCELLENT riders. I'd venture to guess they have more training and experience on a bike than most others.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RIP officer. Wonder what went wrong?

Stay safe out there riders. I was out yesterday and ill be grabbing the bike at lunch. There is a TON of sand on the road around me right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that sucks. RIP.
Along with sand, salt and pot holes I also worry about cold tires so I don't even bother trying to ride until it's in the 60's +. Cold tires can be as slippery as sand. I'm anxious to know what the cause was.
Yeah, my rear tire likes to lock up when it's cold out. Front tire hates sand.

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow that sucks. RIP.
I was thinking pothole also? Town of Plymouth potholes are the worse I have ever seen. Even though the town is now starting to fix them.

I travel down that street everyday where the officer passed away. That road has some uneven pavement from the winter.

I wish his family condolence through this tough time.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RIP

Could have been animal related also , i had a friend get peeled off a Harley in NH by a turkey. I've also put a bike down to avoid a deer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not sure about the abs i would guess no. but harleys are far from a performance bike. they are heavy and designed to drive in straight lines. very comfortable ride thats about it. its a really crappy time of year to be riding, pot holes and sand are a big safety issue.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHo6kZc33Ks[/video]

they handle just fine,
and may he rip ,to the fallen officer.

Last edited:

BearClaw500

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sad. RIP

Wow that sucks. RIP.
Cold tires suck... thats what brought me down last year.

Most of the motorcycle cops I've seen are EXCELLENT riders. I'd venture to guess they have more training and experience on a bike than most others.
They truly are some VERY impressive riders. My father is a police officer and on the motorcycle unit in his dept. I had the privilege to go watch their training courses with him when he was going through it. The turns and maneuvers they make are incredible. To take a bike like a HD Electo Glide, and do a U-turn in an area as wide as ONE parking space, is mind blowing. They do it though. Hats off to them.

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Yup. I've seen some of their courses. Way more intense than anything I ever did on a motorcycle. Rip

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
RIP, very sad event.
This is very odd. The bike rolled on for a quarter mile. All I can think of is a sudden blackout or heart attack.
Maybe he hit something after he fell off the bike, because otherwise, falling off the bike at reasonable speeds does not create fatal injuries.
In any case, my heart goes out to his family and fellow officers.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This is very odd. The bike rolled on for a quarter mile. All I can think of is a sudden blackout or heart attack.
Maybe he hit something after he fell off the bike, because otherwise, falling off the bike at reasonable speeds does not create fatal injuries.
quarter mile is a long distance for a bike to slide on the pavement, especially for a heavy bike like a lot of cruisers are. Grabbing a whole lot of front brakes can lock them up or just having them misadjusted, also if he had only one hand on the steering I can see the bike going sideways. It's spring, I get it, a lot of riders want to shake winter cobwebs and hit the throttle a bit too hard. I see some of the local cops really screaming the **** down the street.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Always sad to see a fellow biker go down. RIP.

It's a shame motorcycle officers don't wear a full face helmet as part of their uniform. Obviously we don't have all the details in this instance, but generally a quality helmet can make all the difference in a crash. You couldn't pay me to ride with a half helmet at any sort of speed.

Top Bottom