• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth, MA. Yes, that is correct! October 6 & 7

Hs anyone been to this yet and is it worth it as far as selection and pricing etc. also how much is the admission to get in per person? Thanks!

I was in at a little before 10 am. That were parking us along the dead end street and in a sand lot. $11 to get in, no line at that time. Walked around for about an hour and a half.

50 cal ammo cans for $15 with some discount for 4 or more. No ammo deals. 420 round can of 5.56 was $210. I think I saw steel cased 7.62x39 at 250 for 1k. Remington 9mm was $120 for 500.

Ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in at least 3 years so that made it worth the trip

Well its not 600 tables or if it is, it definitely doesn't look like it. The show seemed smaller than Marlboro but still, its a gun show. I talked with Fred (50 BMG) for a few minutes and he said a lot of dealers backed out at the last minute.

I feel bad for the people who showed up late because I saw people parking and walking from pretty far. I got there around 7:25 and parked in the grass to the right of the building and was about 50 people back in line from the door. The line was loooong by the time the doors opened.

Pretty much the same dealers at the usual shows with a few new faces and some nice stuff. I saw lots of good prices on lots of different rifles. I went up there with AJ (Ink) and he said he saw some good prices on handguns as well. I ended up getting some jerky, a soft sided double rifle case for $65, some Magpul sights from Greg (fooped) and a stylish Precision Armament Werks t shirt.

My only real complaints about the show was after walking on the artificial turf for a while I kept getting bits of it in my shoes and the lighting in there wasn't too great. Some of the people working the door could have used a dose of personality adjustment but its minor shit to put up with for going to a new show that's nice and close by for me.

Next one is December 8/9 and I'll be going to that one too.

I decided not to go. I got a call from JonJ . . . he was standing in line at 9AM. He told me that parking is indeed a problem there.

Darn, I wish I had known he was going I would have liked to say hello to him. I did run into Ross and his shooting buddy, but that was the only NESer that I recognized. I really need to get a hat or T shirt or something.

It'll be interesting to hear reports from the show. New vendors? How parking is dealt with (everyone REMEMBER it is ILLEGAL to carry an uncased long gun on a public way, so if you are parked across a street/down a street, bring plastic trash bags with you to comply with the law), etc.

All of the parking was on private ways, at least I think so. Parking was a PITA and the two kids "helping" in the large dirt lot at the end of the road weren't really helping.

A couple of new firearms vendors, one large ammo vendor, I don't know if that was the New York guys or not.

The line moved quickly, so it was maybe 10 minutes to get in at 0930. The venue is OK, not huge but nothing was jammed in. No ventilation or AC, so by the time I left at about 1145 it was hot, humid, and stuffy.

Gun prices were high, at least I thought so. NIB 642 for $470.00, list is about $450. Used guns were no bargain either. Saw some 3rd generation S&W semi autos, but nothing I was looking for. I didn't look at many Milsurps, but the few I did look at weren't cheap either. $160.00 91/30s come to mind, and a very clean K31 that looked like the stock had been refinished was $479.00.

A package of 60 GP11 7.5 Swiss was $40.00. I think it was $32 the last time I bought a brick and I thought that was high then.

I think the Tula 7.63 x 39 was about $220.00. Saw 1,000 rounds of, I think M855 for $480.00. A can of 5.56 was $280.00 (I think). Saw some brand of 9mm for $230.00/100. Oh, some guy had boxes of 50 rounds of 9mm in the red box (the stuff you can get at Walmart for $19.95/100) for $16.00.

Lot's of accessory vendors, especially lights. Imported stuff sold by Asian vendors. First time I've seen that at a gun show. AR accessory vendors, but prices were high for most. Saw the new Magpul fixed stock that looks like a collapsible for $10.00 above the MSRP listed on the Magpul site.

More than the usual number of militaria, including a few tables with Nazi stuff. Not my thing at all and I don't think it helps the cause, but whatever.

One long table with beef jerky and sausage. I don't know what that sort of thing goes for so I can't even guess if it was fair.

One interesting table with stuff not for sale belonged by a retired Boston PD officer. He had revolvers used by the BPD going back to the early 20th century. All of them were BPD marked. Some nice stuff, including three 3" Model 64-1. I loved those and was tempted to make him an offer, but I don't think he was interested in selling any of them.

I worked last night, so I was kind of tired, but if I had more energy I would have stayed longer. The crowd was starting to thin out a bit as I was leaving, but there were still people coming in.

Overall, I thought prices were high, but that's just me. I was looking for specific items, and didn't find any of them. The only thing I bought was a Nano Vault. Price was OK, but not great. I probably could have done better on Amazon with Amazon Prime for the free shipping, but I was there.

I would say that there were more gun vendors there than at most other shows I've been to over the past couple of years. Tombstone Trading, Callaghans, Petes, come to mind. I think the old guy from CT that never seems to sell anything was there. Maybe 3-4 others. There were a lot of guns and most of the vendors had one or two people doing just NICS checks and 4473s.

Someone told me that there will be another one there in December. I'm not sure I'd want to stand in line outside in December. It was a nice day today, so I didn't mind it, but if it's 30 degrees and snowing, no way.

Yup, I was there. How could I miss a gun show in my own town. And no, I didn't work the detail[wink]

I picked my brother up at 8, we had breakfast and then went and stood in line for about 15mins. It moved quick. I knew parking was going to be a problem so I parked on the main road heading in.
I only saw three NESers, Ross, Alex and Fred (50bmg). Didn't get to talk to Fred, he was busy with a customer. But it was cool to talk with Ross and Alex. I wish I had seen more members.

All in all it was your typical gunshow. Only thing I got was a cheap flashlight for my ditty bag that I won't care if it breaks or gets lost.

Saw the new Magpul fixed stock that looks like a collapsible for $10.00 above the MSRP listed on the Magpul site.

I noticed that too! He also had the CTR, STR, and PRS stocks, MOE and MAID grips, flip sights, MOE handguards and MSP sling, ALL marked exactly at MSRP.

Any reputable online vender sells the Magpul line below MSRP, and you can usually find one with a free shipping offer

Lots of ammo. High prices on both new and used guns. I did see a S&W model 60 (I think) with a 4" bull barrel for $260 at D&G or DGS when I first got there and after I worked the room and came back to it somebody was buying it. :(

Well, I was going to go, but I just had to spend over $600 on my septic system, so I am not going to go and torture myself or spend money I shouldn't. I look forward to more reports by attendees, though! From what people are saying the attendance was pretty high, so that should mean they'll do it again, which I think is A Good Thing.

I got there at 10 and parked on the grass right in the lot in front of the building...being on 2 wheels has it's benefits. It was the first show I've ever been to on an artificial turf. I found 3 boxes of 32 winchester special silver tips for VG money. Got 200pcs 44mag range brass for $5. I saw a few pistols at decent prices but most were gun show normal. I didn't bother looking at any long guns since none of them would fit in my saddlebags. Seeing how the weather was so nice and the roads not busy at all it was a pleasant 150mile round trip ride and I'm happy with the stuff I bought. I think the venue has potential but they've grossly underestimated the parking requirements.

I made it to the show today around 1PM. I was able to park in the grass lot next to the storage place. Made it into the show with no line. The soccer carpet thing was ok to walk on. It was pretty warm inside. I wasn't looking for anything particular, but spent most of my time looking @ long guns. Didn't buy anything, but there were a couple that I thought about & walked on. Saw a few NESer's, but headed out @ around 2:30.

SKS Ray and myself got there pretty early so parking was no problem for us, but it was an issue later on. It seemed the long guns and handguns I looked at had some decent prices and I saw some lever guns on the extreme cheap. From what I saw, It seems some dealers lowered their prices a little for this show, but reviews on prices seem to be mixed.

I found some of the people working collecting money and tickets to be.... unpleasant? Coulda been because it was the first show and they were working out the bugs? I'll be going again.

SKS Ray and myself got there pretty early so parking was no problem for us, but it was an issue later on. It seemed the long guns and handguns I looked at had some decent prices and I saw some lever guns on the extreme cheap. From what I saw, It seems some dealers lowered their prices a little for this show, but reviews on prices seem to be mixed.

I found some of the people working collecting money and tickets to be.... unpleasant? Coulda been because it was the first show and they were working out the bugs? I'll be going again.

This was one of the few things I was looking for, and I found many, but nothing I would call cheap.

I saw a used Rossi 357 with some slight rusting for $450. They are $450 new.
I saw a Marlin 1894 44mag, serial number put it just around the Remington takeover. It was marked 'like new in box' I don't remember the exact price but it was just under $600, Riely's has them new for $585
I saw several marlin 30-30 for various prices, but they are plentiful
I saw plenty of collectable Winchesters at $1-3k

This was one of the few things I was looking for, and I found many, but nothing I would call cheap.

I saw a used Rossi 357 with some slight rusting for $450. They are $450 new.
I saw a Marlin 1894 44mag, serial number put it just around the Remington takeover. It was marked 'like new in box' I don't remember the exact price but it was just under $600, Riely's has them new for $585
I saw several marlin 30-30 for various prices, but they are plentiful
I saw plenty of collectable Winchesters at $1-3k

I spotted at least 4 under $400, most in 30-30.

I decided not to go. I got a call from JonJ . . . he was standing in line at 9AM. He told me that parking is indeed a problem there.

It'll be interesting to hear reports from the show. New vendors? How parking is dealt with (everyone REMEMBER it is ILLEGAL to carry an uncased long gun on a public way, so if you are parked across a street/down a street, bring plastic trash bags with you to comply with the law), etc.

I got there about 8:30 with Luv2BFree; we parked on the grass next to the building. No problems there. Line... we were about 75 people back, I'd guess. Got inside by 9:10 or 9:15 or so. Didn't have any problems with people taking cash, though. Heck, I'm not even sure they SAID anything to me - I handed them a 10 and my postcard, they handed me a ticket and I went in.

Seemed to be a LOT more antique firearm dealers than I'm used to seeing - there were a ton of nice flintlock pistols. Several knife dealers but not as many as Marlborough. Few new faces with handguns. Saw Richie Callaghan; he doesn't usually do Marlborough since his shop is in town. Didn't have much in the way of guns with him; most of his stuff goes out via Gunbroker these days. Precision Armament Werks was a nice new addition.

I deliberately put a gun sock in my backpack and locking rifle and handgun cases in the back of the car just in case I found anything that wanted to come home with me, Len - I saw the description of the parking and figured better safe than sorry.

Lots of the usual suspects were there - the jerky folks, Tombstone, Stony Acres (got some friendly abuse from Fred - I think it was friendly...), Guns & Gun Parts, etc.

I only saw three NESers, Ross, Alex and Fred (50bmg). Didn't get to talk to Fred, he was busy with a customer. But it was cool to talk with Ross and Alex. I wish I had seen more members.
Heh. Alix & I saw a ton of NESers. JonJ & his brother. Flotter390. SKSRay (I think that Milsurps4Me was with him... [wink]). Fooped and CRSIII at the PAW booth. John (jshooter, I think?). Garys. It was old home week. It's amazing how many people I've become friends with through NES over the last 7 years. Saw someone in an NES t-shirt with a stroller but didn't have a chance to catch up with him. Big guy, bearded, younger - probably 20s or early 30s?

Also, when we sat down to grab a bite, we found we were sitting next to a gentleman wearing a PT171 ball cap. Turns out that yes, he served aboard PT171 in the Pacific - I chatted with him for a few minutes as the naval war in the Pacific fascinates me. Thanked him for his time - this REALLY made my show.

Not a bad show. Picked up some new preban AR mags. Did not notice any deals but it was nice to get out.
The a**h*** with the postbans was back in the right hand corner. I stayed away from him. Preban, unused Colt AR 30rd mags with green followers were going for $25. I think someone had non-Colt 30 rounders without the green follower for $15 or so.

Not a bad show but there were very few bargains in firearms to be had. I did note that Guns & Gun Parts had the SR22 for $325; Luv2BFree's sister is thinking of one. I shot Scarecrow's last week at Holbrook and it seems to be a VERY nice little pistol. Might sell my Ruger Mark 1 and purchase an SR22.

Speaking of which... I saw not one, but TWO Ruger Mark 1s for $325. For a MARK ONE?? When did they go up so high?

Saw a Luger in nice condition other than having a mismatched serial number on the toggle and magazine. $800? Isn't that kind of high for a shooter, though, or did they go up with everything else?

There was a Mod 36 with some nice cocobolo grips and a bobbed hammer that I was thinking of - $460, I think. Want to get rid of my 637 and get a steel J-frame instead. However, gave it a miss when Flotter gave me a line on another gun on my gun lust list - I whipped out the cell phone and promptly PM'd the guy selling it. I love living in the 21st century!!

Purchases... got one of the Aussie hats, some jerky (natch!) and a WWII sight bag - they're the perfect size for a shoulder bag. Had one about 30 years ago, wore it out and have been looking for one ever since. Oh, and a cheap 200 lumen flashlight from the Thunderwear guy. Luv2BFree got a nice deal on a couple of Mark II mags - she just needs one more and she won't have to borrow any of mine at Steel Challenge! [laugh]

Last edited:
I got called out by Scouter-Rick not long after my phone conversation with JonJ and had to head down to Raynham where he was teaching, then we made a shopping trip out of it for a number of things just getting back home at 7PM.

On the way out we stopped at a yard sale as I knew the owner of the property is in failing health and had a LTC. Found out who got all his guns and will be making contact to see if anything is left or of interest. Turned out that my old PD Quartermaster was running the yard sale for the property owner.

A few more thoughts on the show yesterday.
I said there was a lot of ammo and there was - but I don't remember seeing much .22
I have never been to a large show like this and was surprised that no one was asking if anyone was carrying.
I also thought prices were kind of high on new and used guns. I guess I was looking for bargains and I didn't see any.
I am going to have to get an NES hat.

I got there at 9:15 and we were already being directed to the dirt parking next to the storage place. I used to reside in that area so I knew my way around. I couldn't stand the temperature inside. The longer the day went with 84 degrees outside the building started turning into a slow cooking oven.

I didn't see much on the deal front and I'm not into antiques. I did see two or three things that I liked and I picked up something for a friend who was working.

As for being my first show it was just fun to go and I had a feeling the whole time that other shows would have a different variety. I wish I could've picked something up, but nothing was grabbing me that I didn't feel I couldn't get for a better price from someone effectively local to me because I have a big operational area.

Went with my dad and we got there @ 11. Walked around for about an hour. I had my eye on a SpeedVault until I realized that the guy's "sale" price was still $40-$50 more than what I would pay on line. Talked to CRSIII for a little bit and left. I am probably going to skip this one next time around.

Just got back from it. If they had a fan or 2 blowing it would have been a lot more comfortable (I bet yesterday was real steamy). Nice layout, lots of room to manuever around. Normal gunshow high prices on stuff but some interesting things to be had. I did pick up 2 bricks of Rem WSP primers for $31 each. I am still second guessing myself on a revolver I saw... S&W 625 with a 5" barrel for $600. I swear if it was $20 cheaper I couldn't have left it there....Dang... Still wish I bought it.
Did get a nice bag 'O jerky though...

Got to the show today at about 9A and there was a line of about 40 people ahead of us. Shopped around and bought a replacement Gadsen flag, some primed 30-06 brass, few AR parts for a friend, and one of the 200 lumen flashlights( got it home, the batteries were dead !!) Saw Chris Sheldon, running for Congress 9th District there with his girlfriend and a few other people from southcoast. I'll go to the December show.

Rolled in around 10:30-11 ish I think. Parked on the grass, less than 60 second walk to the front door. No line to get in, plenty of elbow room once we were inside.

We found a few odds and ends that we had been looking for and a few things we didn't know we needed.

To the gentlemen vendors: I am very glad that you like having women at the show - this works in my favor! However, as 1. I do not personally know all the other gun-friendly women (there is no secret society, sorry) and 2. I am not a lesbian on the prowl, I do not in any way need a rundown of all the women who have visited your booth this weekend and their perceived relationship statuses. Also, easy up on the assumptions. You will step in it eventually. Case in point:

I am browsing a table of rifles by myself- the parties I arrived with have sauntered off. I am moving slowly down the table, nothing in particular is catching my eye.
Gentleman Proprietor: Hi! Are you looking for something in a small caliber today?
Me: (Actually laughing). Sorry, I had my new 20 mm delivered last night....you have totally got the wrong girl.
GP: (eyes bugging). What the **** are you going to shoot with that?! A freaking tank?!
Me: (moving away from his table) Good plan!

Back
Top Bottom