• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth Gun show ?

I got some jerky, a magazine and got a great deal on a GSG STG44.

Parking was retarded. There was a guy with a sign leading people towards Home Depot with no sign or mention of a shuttle bus.

I had a good time talking with people, looking at guns and stuff. Got a downer put on the show when I found out someone stole an AR upper from Dave (the guy along the back wall with tons of mags and AR parts). F'ng scumbag thieves!

Parking was retarded. There was a guy with a sign leading people towards Home Depot with no sign or mention of a shuttle bus.

I had a good time talking with people, looking at guns and stuff. Got a downer put on the show when I found out someone stole an AR upper from Dave (the guy along the back wall with tons of mags and AR parts). F'ng scumbag thieves!

That sucks...

Do you think it is worth heading out to tomorrow?

Was there any 5.56/.223 ammo there? Been looking locally here in NH for some bulk stuff to enjoy at the range but nobody has it..or atleast that a working man can afford.

Its nearly a 2 hour drive for me -- I'd appreciate any info on bulk prices and if you think it'll be left on sunday.

Thanks all

One of the two ammo dealers had 5.56 I believe xm855 $500 for 840 rounds. When I left at 3:30 there was still some left. The other dealer had cases of 500 rounds on the floor under the table but I couldn't read the orange tag because there were too many people milling around the table.

That was the cheapest I saw for 223/ 5.56. He had others at $20 to $25 per box of 20 rounds.

I saw some off brand 9mm but dont remember the price, it was is a blue box.

A fair amount of 40 mostly federal HST at $45 a box and Winchester Ranger T at $40 a box. I also saw some Winchester on other tables for $40. One guy had CCI 22 minimags but when I asked he said they were not for direct sale. If someone bought a 22 rifle or handgun he would throw in a box.

I got there at 2pm to avoid the Gun-Show-Crush so I'm sure there was a lot more in the morning.

That sucks...

Do you think it is worth heading out to tomorrow?

I would. Than again I just like going and looking around at stuff. You never know what you might find at a show. You could see something you've been wanting for a while and think the price is great. Terry Good had a rack of Chinese T-53 Mosins and a Finn capture 91/30 with lots of character at $160.

The dealer with Russian AK slings is there too.

$12 to get reamed up the ass is cheaper than anything on backpage. Haha. Seriously though, bought a couple mags but the crowd was too much for me.

I got some Jerky as well and by the time I finish making my first round it was gone!!!

The dude in back with all the AR parts was a cool buy. That's where I got the barrel vise clamp from. I also pickup one of those Concealed Carry Holster from Andre's Holsters.

I got there early, 7:40 with my brother, parked about 20" from the door meet some great people in line. We were let in the lobby at 8:45 and on the floor at 9:00. My brother bought some ammo and other little stuff for his AR and I found a nice old colt 1908 vest pocket for a decent price. Overall a good day.

I worked the show and it was a Fing mad house. Didn't see anything that really screamed BUY but when you work at shows that are crazy busy you don't get to look around much.

I did see a Henry Lever rifle in 44 mag that I may just have to bring home to go with my Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 mag I recently acquired. Well I should say paid for but have yet to get it.

We were selling 556 for 15 bucks a box but it went in the first hour. Only had 500 rounds.

Is it worth waiting in line to get in...IMHO NO. The promoter is just plain greedy. The parking lot next to the building is a mud field now. Also the tall guy that works for the promoter, the one with the mullet, can somebody tell him its not 1985 please.[laugh]

I'm going tomorrow, I want to check out some handguns and get a feel for what I might want when I get my LTC, plus it is right down the street ~

Hey! how much to get in ?

Tim

Dude with the Gun show sign at the entrance to Home Depot was pure brilliance
Got some cowboy jerky - yum
Didn't get any ammo not for that $$$
Got to fondle a Colt python... impressive
Bought a K98 sling and the wife some jewelry. She had fun and so did I

Better than December...

The parking lot next to the building is a mud field now.

They are not suppose to park in that field. They signed an agreement with place.

I'm going tomorrow, I want to check out some handguns and get a feel for what I might want when I get my LTC, plus it is right down the street ~

Hey! how much to get in ?

Tim

12.00. Also some vendors will not allow you to hold a gun without your LTC.

I think I offended a vendor the Asian person selling the handguards and what not. He had a floating handguard next to his AR15 tool and a lot of complaints that I read on line is that the AR tool doesn't fit the barrel nut on imports. So I grabbed one of his displays with the nut on it and grab his AR tool. Sure enough it doesn't fit. After I set it down he starts messing with it and kind of separates the two further apart.

Last edited:
12.00. Also some vendors will not allow you to hold a gun without your LTC.

12 bucks ain't bad I guess.

I don't blame anyone for not letting an Army vet without a LTC hold a gun in Mass, I got the feeling long ago that soon as I was discharged the State figured I magically forgot all about how to use one, the Army let me shoot down planes with a 3000 round per min 20MM Vulcan cannon, Massachusetts says I have to wait 5 months for a license to shoot 22's at a tin can. ~ So much for all the years of training ~ [laugh]

Thanx Sin

Tim [grin]

Any 9mm ammo? What are they asking for it?

I was in there this morning when it opened. I bought some 9mm reloads for $13.95/50rnd box, and some other reloads for $14.95/50rnds. The dealer said he brought 5k rounds... but I but it's gone by tomorrow.

I saw some new 9mm (sparingly), but it ranged from $18-22/50rnd box.

There was a gun selling bulk .223 / 7.62 X 39... but his prices were through the roof ( $0.75 - 1.00 per round)

Just came back from show, 5.56 840 rounds $500. Huge line at reloading tables didn't bother to wait to see what they had. Was okay but I don't think I'd drive hours to go to it, seems like the same people with the same stuff and same prices.
I seen one vendor with .223 20 round boxes for $15 bucks! That is usually $4.99 at Walmart. Good thing is I was able to acquire small pistol primers 4k of those 2k of large rifle, 1k small rifle, and 1k of large pistol. It was a decent show.I got a nylon in the pants holster for my sr9c. The wife got a t-shirt. I was also able to find a pound of IMR 4064. I think the the show was a bit better off with supplies compared to the West Springfield show.

I didn't make it there yesterday so I'm thinking of bringing my son there today. Not really in the market for anything other than maybe a sling for the WASR and primers, if I can find any. I wanted to go first thing but my son doesn't like waking up and figured everything would be gone pretty quick. Now it's more or less just something to do.

12 bucks ain't bad I guess.

I don't blame anyone for not letting an Army vet without a LTC hold a gun in Mass, I got the feeling long ago that soon as I was discharged the State figured I magically forgot all about how to use one, the Army let me shoot down planes with a 3000 round per min 20MM Vulcan cannon, Massachusetts says I have to wait 5 months for a license to shoot 22's at a tin can. ~ So much for all the years of training ~ [laugh]

Thanx Sin

Tim [grin]
Thank's for your service.
hang in there soon, it will be help to pay for all the evil Tin can. [cheers]

I got in line at 0720. By the time the doors had opened to let us in to start buying tickets the line went all the way up the street. Hope you found what you were looking for.

I did and I enjoyed the show.

I should have worded that post better. The cluster f*** I was refering to was the parking and the way they were handling it. They had a guy at the entrance to Home Depot with a sign that says Gun Show. People were pulling and and driving around like lost zombies looking for a gun show in the HD parking lot.
I knew that's where the shuttle bus was but didn't see a sign to tell anyone what was going on.

My visit to the Plymouth Gun & Knife Show was disappointing.
First it should be called the Plymouth Knife & Gun Show (fair advertising) as there were far move vendors with knives.
My second problem, or maybe not, was it was advertised as 600 tables, not even close to the actual number of tables.
Maybe that's a good thing, because the isles were wide enough to get around in, and if there were 600 tables, there
probably would have been 450 tables with knives. Great for the knife guys!

I did get to meet and talk to more knowledgeable gun and accessory enthusiasts than I could possibly have if I had driven
to each of their stores, and that was educational. That was the plus!

Check this off of my bucket list and free me up for any upcoming Saturdays to just go to the range instead.

First it should be called the Plymouth Knife & Gun Show (fair advertising) as there were far move vendors with knives.
My second problem, or maybe not, was it was advertised as 600 tables, not even close to the actual number of tables.
Maybe that's a good thing, because the isles were wide enough to get around in, and if there were 600 tables, there

I did get to meet and talk to more knowledgeable gun and accessory enthusiasts than I could possibly have if I had driven

Check this off of my bucket list and free me up for any upcoming Saturdays to just go to the range instead.

Knifes and guns are not bad go back 08-2010 there where more " other gun stuff" lamps dollies. Hand knitted ammo pouches. Spent shotshell xmass lights.......
One should relize by now there is seldom great deals at gun shows. Your doing well if you find things you are looking for at a price youcwant to pay.........sadly it comes down to jerky and something to look at while you walk around eating it.

Just got back from the show, it wasn't crowded at all really, I got to check out a lot of different riffles and handguns, no hassles from anyone at all, I am really thinking hard about the Walther P22 and a Beretta 92FS.

Tim [grin]

My son and I went to the show and enjoyed ourselves. Got the only pack of small pistol primers that I could find, a sling for the AK and Mosin, and after a small internal battle picked up a Stag arms stripped lower for $200. I thought the guys taking your ammo when you checked a firearm was a little weird. I don't mind checking it, just taking the ammo was different. It's only the 2nd show I've been to since I started carrying so I don't know if that's normal.

snuck in and grabbed a case of 54r....212.00/880 with entry fee added. I lost all my other opptions to get this ammo for normal prices....

I scored a COLT Cobra 38 Special from an older gentlemen who traded in that and another pistol . The owner of the shop I worked for sold it to me for........$275. 00. I will post pics in a bit. Just got home from the show. This morning a bit slow by 10:30 it picked up and by 1:30 it was dead.

We had Stag stripped lowers for $120 and sold 5 the first day. Brought the rest in today, 7, and sold all of them to folks who have had no luck finding any from the usual on line sellers. The dealer five tables from us was selling the same striped lower for $475.[shocked]

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. I used my cell phone.

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 55
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 71
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 54
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I scored a COLT Cobra 38 Special from an older gentlemen who traded in that and another pistol . The owner of the shop I worked for sold it to me for........$275. 00. I will post pics in a bit.

So how much are you going to sell it to me for ???? [wink]

We had Stag stripped lowers for $120 and sold 5 the first day. Brought the rest in today, 7, and sold all of them to folks who have had no luck finding any from the usual on line sellers. The dealer five tables from us was selling the same striped lower for $475.[shocked]

Asking $475 or actually selling them for that price ???

So how much are you going to sell it to me for ???? [wink]

Asking $475 or actually selling them for that price ???

Zappa unfortunately folks were buying them...they cant find them so I guess they just felt they better buy what ever they can for no matter what the cost.

Last edited:
snuck in and grabbed a case of 54r....212.00/880 with entry fee added. I lost all my other opptions to get this ammo for normal prices....

on Saturday it was $198..guess he raised the price when he got lower in inventory.

The West Springfield show was probably 3 to 4 times the size of Plymouth with probably at least 5 times the guns as well. I think a lot less knifes as well. Don't let it discourage you.

I wish I saw those for $120. I got there around 10 and didn't see any lowers except for these two. Dammit!! But I wasn't looking for them either. I just kinda stumbled across them.

Back
Top Bottom