• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plymouth Gun Show Oct 4-5

I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning with this:

100_1729.jpg

Gun show special... $620 takes this rare and beautiful SKS model D home if someone buys it off me at the show Saturday morning between 9am and 11pm.

Haven't been to a show in years but my LTC renewal finally came in today and I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Flynn's....

I'll be there looking for a Garand, K98, or a quad 50. [smile]
Do not buy a garand at the gun show unless you know exactly what your looking for. The last few years all but a few garands where rack grades for 900$ or more
Seen one early winchester with several WWII correct parts for 850$ well worn though.

Personally I have learned to go to gun shows with the "GUN SHOW" mind set. Its nice to see all the guns and look at some rare birds and stuff that you normally just wont see. I enjoyed the first plymouth show with the vendor with all the old lever actions.
Go with a list of Items your looking for that LGS just never have and above all KNOW what things cost and at least know something about what you might buy....

Last edited:
Do not buy a garand at the gun show unless you know exactly what your looking for. The last few years all but a few garands where rack grades for 900$ or more
Seen one early winchester with several WWII correct parts for 850$ well worn though.

Personally I have learned to go to gun shows with the "GUN SHOW" mind set. Its nice to see all the guns and look at some rare birds and stuff that you normally just wont see. I enjoyed the first plymouth show with the vendor with all the old lever actions.
Go with a list of Items your looking for that LGS just never have and above all KNOW what things cost and at least know something about what you might buy....

This. Why overpay when you can get a good price through cmp.

Place was empty. Not many vendors. Didn't really see many good deals.

I must have got lucky. Got a 4 lb of Power Pistol and an 8lb of Bullseye for $70 and $130 at 11am. Saw Fed automatch at a vender on the left side getting $40 ea or 2/$70 which was better than the $100 brick in the middle of the show. Finding powder was worth the price of admission. Otherwise a lot of the same overpriced stuff. Jerky was disgusting, saw people reaching in with their hands but it was not the same jerky vender as usual. OK show but have seen better.

This. And I never saw so many crappy knives and other non firearm junk in one place.

did you go to any shows between 2008 and 2010 ? my God where there even any guns ! in all honesty your not going to see much different with the same vendors going to each show with in a 4 week period less than 1 hr of each other.
with the sales in a slump and prices dropping your just not going to see the vendors show up in numbers.

Heading off in about 5 minutes to set up the Comm2A table. Stop by and introduce yourself.

It was great working the table today with KD and repping Comm2A. I'll be there for a couple hours with jar tomorrow morning for those of you coming by on Day 2--make sure to stop and say hello.

OK show but have seen better.
I don't usually do the Plymouth shows, but I decided to go to this one since I had the day free. It was sort of "Marlboro-Light." Many of the same vendors, just arranged differently. Only counted two that don't do Marlboro. Left empty-handed but not for lack of trying. Prices were high on used handguns and none of my offers were accepted.

Very funny walking on that crumb-rubber infilled astroturf. Kept getting in my shoes. Won't be going back simply because there are better options in Marlboro and Wilmington.

I found a couple good ammo deals, and was tempted by several decent prices on used handguns. There were some empty spaces, so could have been more dealers.

Cheapest 9mm fmj that I saw at the show was $14.00 per box. I went to Wall Mart after the show and bought 1500 rounds of fmj for $10.35 a box and saved $109.00 over the show price. I try to support the dealers when I'm at the shows but the price difference speaks for itself in this matter and the darn beef jerky guy wasn't even there.

Cheapest 9mm fmj that I saw at the show was $14.00 per box. I went to Wall Mart after the show and bought 1500 rounds of fmj for $10.35 a box and saved $109.00 over the show price. I try to support the dealers when I'm at the shows but the price difference speaks for itself in this matter and the darn beef jerky guy wasn't even there.

Which walmart was this?

Yeah my guess is you were buying steel/AL cased ammo, not even a close comparison price wise. That said, I agree, you're not going to find ammo deals at most gun shows anymore, particularly when only one big vendor shows up.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom