• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plenty of Striped Bass...

SIL already has 5-6 keepers this season. Most thrown back. Another hot year for stripers.

You were in the wrong place, pup. Last year was another banner year. I don't often fish for stripers, but it seems the last 2-3 years are some of the best on modern record.

SIL already has 5-6 keepers this season. Most thrown back. Another hot year for stripers.

You were in the wrong place, pup. Last year was another banner year. I don't often fish for stripers, but it seems the last 2-3 years are some of the best on modern record.
It's been my observation that a lack of baitfish in the water, results in a low success rate. And the bait was sparse on the beach. Plenty of reports of good fishing last season, from boats.

I hope it helps... Need to do something about commercial boats catching all the bait and ground fish also.
That's [bs], easy to make the commercial boats the scapegoats
We need more sharks to eat the seals that are eating Striper so I can eat them
Orcas are the true natural solution, they will park their asses here & demolish the seals unlike great whites that kill a seal every couple-few weeks plus the killer whales will scare the sharks off like they have in other parts of the world

That's [bs], easy to make the commercial boats the scapegoats

Orcas are the true natural solution, they will park their asses here & demolish the seals unlike great whites that kill a seal every couple-few weeks plus the killer whales will scare the sharks off like they have in other parts of the world
I'm was referring to draggers...I should have been more specific.

Someone posted a fishing report of that area recently in a fb group, and couldn't get bit with fish surrounding him, water boiling.
Been in that position a few times fish breaking everywhere throwing everything in my bag at them and they won’t bite so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom