• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pleiades Rising (Was The N Word)

NOTE: This book will be free for two days Oct 1-2 if interested in checking it out.

EDIT 9/16/15: I have changed the name to Pleiades Rising. Feedback from readers was the prior title (The N Word) was just not compelling to sci fi readers and although they seem to mostly like the story, felt the title was just flat, not for PC reasons, but simply wouldn't compel a buyer to check it out. This is the first time I have ever "re branded" a book, but I feel this title and cover actually represent the story itself better regardless.

Sergeant Major Lance Harris is a battle hardened soldier of the Mobile Terrain Forces and the Elite Shimmering Death Units. He's been fighting the enemies of mankind for almost a century and there's little he has not seen or done among the stars, and he has the scars to show for it. His latest mission has a high probability of failure with an untested xenophobic unit of wet behind the ears recruits and one alien fighting for his species very freedom.

When the mission goes from SNAFU to FUBAR, Harris has to do what the men of the Shimmering Death do best; kill without reservation or hope of self preservation. This time, the freedom and liberty of an entire species is counting on him.

All sentient creatures regardless of color, race, or species will strive for their freedom, but freedom is not free...

See more HERE

Last edited:
So, Harris takes on Ferguson?

It's more a story that's examines freedom and liberty from oppression regardless of shape, color, or species with obvious parallels to humanity. Race is secondary in this story, but no doubt, some will focus on that aspect.

I hope it has some inferior races / species that are so lovable and cute that you want them to succeed.

That would be kinda cool.

Just don't go Jar Jar Binks on us Mr. Brink.

Thank you sir!

As I think it was Jefferson who said "Death before Jar Jar Binks"

Indeed.

It would be cool to see a local alien (or intergalactic alien) make good!

Everyone likes an underdog.

I know when I was a kid loved the Cantina Bar and all of its denizens.

There were some real "cute" (from the point view of a pre teen) creatures in that place!

Lets get back on topic and not get this locked!!!

Is this book anything like "V" from the 1980's?

I loved those darn reptiles!!!

Even without scales...

This could be a big hit!

Man I hope so! Reviews of my Vacation Gone South series has been good, so I'm happy. Here's the first review on Amazonn so far or The N Word:

"He has gone in a new direction..yet still retains the writing style/action sequences that I/we have come to enjoy..and expect. The sudden tie-in with his two previous stories brought a smile to my face. Some up tight PCr's might think they have complaint/problem..my advice...just read it..understand it..and enjoy it." - By paul laughlin on August 17, 2015

Last edited:
A recent review:

"As an avid fan of this type of Sci-Fi adventure I can't say enough how much I enjoyed this book. This was a huge departure from Mr. Brink's previous works in the military adventure genre and it caught me completely and very pleasantly off guard. His well thought out depiction and description of both what future humans will be like as well as an alien race interacting with said humans was compelling, interesting and completely believable. This book held my attention all the way through and has me looking very forward to any sequels that I'm hopeful will appear in this series." - By Tony Busse on August 22, 2015 via Amazon.

NOTE: This book will be free for two days Oct 1-2 if interested in checking it out. If you like fast paced military based sci-fi with a social conscience, you'll enjoy my novella Pleiades Rising.

FYI, freebie period is now over. It does not exactly break the bank at .99, but it aint free. There was a few hundred downloads, so I'm happy to see a bunch of new people will be able to check it out. An audio version will be up any day now for those who prefer audio BTW.

If you read it and enjoyed, please leave a review on Amazon. The books live or die by the rankings/reviews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom