Please sign petition to stop HR5344 (body armor ban)

I signed it, but the response is pretty dismal at this point. Hopefully those of you with Facebook accounts will post the link to get the word out as fast as possible.

signed even though i doupt i personaly would ever buy some, to much money and to little movement. But if and LAC want to buy it, go right ahead

Well, if nothing else, this will certainly be an awesome boost in sales for body armor vendors! I have mixed feelings about the actual "usefulness" of owning it, but certainly want to have it before its banned (assuming that does happen at some point).

I'm sure it's useful but I believe this covers even Kevlar which can be worn on the daily without anyone noticing. Either way, it's no one else's decision but yours to make and I would like to keep it that way.

PLEASE SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK!

I'm sure it's useful but I believe this covers even Kevlar which can be worn on the daily without anyone noticing. Either way, it's no one else's decision but yours to make and I would like to keep it that way.

PLEASE SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK!

Well, I guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned "usefulness". I'm sure it would be useful if you were ever being shot at but for most of us, that is not likely to ever happen. Some could say that in regard to carrying a defensive handgun too, but I'd say even though chances may be small, any of us would be way more likely to be in a position where a defensive need for a handgun would arise before ever being in a situation where we would have the foresight to actually have the time to don body armor because we were expecting a shootout, that's all I meant.

Hey I bet this would make those bullet proof backpack gimmicks illegal too. That would upset some libs.

Well, I guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned "usefulness". I'm sure it would be useful if you were ever being shot at but for most of us, that is not likely to ever happen. Some could say that in regard to carrying a defensive handgun too, but I'd say even though chances may be small, any of us would be way more likely to be in a position where a defensive need for a handgun would arise before ever being in a situation where we would have the foresight to actually have the time to don body armor because we were expecting a shootout, that's all I meant.

Agreed! Some people really do wear body armor despite being in pretty normal environments. More power to them. I have a hard enough time not sweating my @$$ off with normal clothes on so I probably won't be wearing armor any time soon!

Well, if nothing else, this will certainly be an awesome boost in sales for body armor vendors! I have mixed feelings about the actual "usefulness" of owning it, but certainly want to have it before its banned (assuming that does happen at some point).

Body armor is not useful when:

1) Snipers wants you.
2) Multiple shooters can get a zero on you before you can reach out and touch all of them.
3) You need to really be on the move.

Body armor is useful when:

1) You might surprise one or two assailants and they get off a single, quick, poorly aimed shot or two.
2) Helps against shrapnel.

Just a few thoughts, I'm sure the scenarios are infinite. The way I see it, body armor just makes mall ninjas and keyboard commandos slower targets :)

Body armor is not useful when:

1) Snipers wants you.
2) Multiple shooters can get a zero on you before you can reach out and touch all of them.
3) You need to really be on the move.

Body armor is useful when:

1) You might surprise one or two assailants and they get off a single, quick, poorly aimed shot or two.
2) Helps against shrapnel.

Just a few thoughts, I'm sure the scenarios are infinite. The way I see it, body armor just makes mall ninjas and keyboard commandos slower targets :)

Excellent points!

Back
Top Bottom