• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please school me on bugout/hunting/camping property

I did reach out to Chuck Braxton. Thanks. I want a minimum or 12 acres and surrounded by other wooded property. With 12 acres I can use 2 to build on and still have 10 to keep in current use. If I find nothing suitable I may look to ME. I know you can get more land for less in ME.

From what I understand the property taxes are better in Maine as well but I haven't really looked into that much. Of course on the other end they have sales tax and income tax.

If you want to keep tax low Moultonborough/ Center Harbor/ Sandwich/ Tuftonborough is probably the place to look, some of the lowest taxes property taxes in the state. Might be tougher getting a large parcel for low money in those town though, and it is on the other side of the lake making it possibly more difficult/ easier to get to depending on where you're coming from.

If you want to keep tax low Moultonborough/ Center Harbor/ Sandwich/ Tuftonborough is probably the place to look, some of the lowest taxes property taxes in the state.

I love that area too. I don't mind the drive to get to those towns and if it were to double as a prepper bugout location I hope to have the foresight to get out before the rush.

I love that area too. I don't mind the drive to get to those towns and if it were to double as a prepper bugout location I hope to have the foresight to get out before the rush.

That area makes a lot of sense to me as it's pretty sparse, 30 - 40 minute drive from a major highway or a minor highway if you wanna call 16 a minor highway. Not too mountainous and a decent amount of farms which are gonna be key in a real SHTF scenario. Tuftonboro/ Moultonborough along rt 171 is also protected by the lake on one side (fishing) and the Ossipee mountain range on the other (hunting).

Of course the downside is traffic in the summer on weekends (if you're going up there in the summer for anything other than checking game camera's/ fishing).

That area makes a lot of sense to me as it's pretty sparse, 30 - 40 minute drive from a major highway or a minor highway if you wanna call 16 a minor highway. Not too mountainous and a decent amount of farms which are gonna be key in a real SHTF scenario. Tuftonboro/ Moultonborough along rt 171 is also protected by the lake on one side (fishing) and the Ossipee mountain range on the other (hunting).

Of course the downside is traffic in the summer on weekends (if you're going up there in the summer for anything other than checking game camera's/ fishing).

NH doesn't really have anything for 30 K max that is decent..

We head to White Lake in Tamworth several times every summer from Nashua. The only place I sometimes run into light traffic is Concord and going through Meredith. I like places that aren't too remote. I think is a disaster every hit or SHTF type scenario, small communities will fair the best. Total isolation also means zero support.

Back
Top Bottom