Please recommend gunsmith to tune/tame extraction on a Sig P220

Editor

NES Member
I'm located in southern Worcester County. If you can recommend a gunsmith known for their outstanding work on Sig Sauer P-series handguns, I'll be most appreciative. I have a P220 that could benefit from their ministrations.

With all off-the-shelf ammo I've shot, it launches brass into near earth orbit. More specifically, I'm picking up brass 25'-30' behind me to the right, roughly the 4:00 or 4:30 position. Makes picking up brass more work than I appreciate.

Thanks!

ADDENDUM: I called Sig, briefly explained the behavior, and asked whether the gun should go back to them or to a local gunsmith. When the service rep saw that the gun was in their custom shop in March for modification and heard it's been doing orbital launches since at least that date, he promptly issued an RMA. They're going to take care of it, agreeing that's just NO way brass should be 25'-30' away.

Last edited:
This is funny. I *just* got back from firing my P220 Scorpion TB for the first time. This was at an indoor range, and the brass was bouncing off the ceiling. No other gun I've shot has launched spent casings like this thing does.

Back
Top Bottom