• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please keep my grandson in your prayers

OLAK

NES Member
Tomorrow at 8am my 7 yr old grandson will be in surgery at Childrens Hospital in Boston. He's going to have bone graph and hardware installed in his hip. He has a bone problem since birth, he broke his leg last May and spent the summer recovering. But he has been having problems with his hip, so tomorrow they are hopfully going to take care of the problem.

UPDATE

I want to thank all for prayers & thoughts!

The surgery went well and when I got there around 2pm he was playing a game on his dad's phone. He was in good spirits and not much pain. I stayed until my daughter got out of work, and had some tine to spend there, I brought her to where her car was parked at the Framingham train station then came home and went to bed after a stressful day.

Last edited:
Wishing him well. Nothing worse than a little one going under, thankfully they are pretty resilient.

We'll be thinking of him (and his family) My boss had his son go through the same thing years ago at the same hospital, the kids is a right as rain now.

Wishing your Grandson the very best and Quick recovery, As others Mention Children's hospital is one of the very best hospitals around. Well keep him and the family in our prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Your Grandson and family will be in my prayers.

There is no better hospital on the planet than Children's Hospital Boston.

I spent 117 days there with my son in 1986, the stuff they pulled off even then was years ahead of any place else.

Last edited:
Certainly the thought of surgery on family members is very stressful but he will be taken care of in be of the finest medical facilities in the world. Be strong knowing how good the docs and nurses there are, and how much they care.

My thoughts and prayers are for a speedy recovery for your grandson.

I will add your grandson to the list of people needing prayers. I work with the ortho group at Children's and have seen them perform miracles. Poor little guy. He must be so scared and I can't imagine what his parents are going through. I'll add them too.

I've had a bone graph and external hardware in my arm before. It certainly isn't the most fun of times, but he will do just fine. Will be in our prayers.

Boston Childrens is a world class facility with exceptional staff!! Your grandson and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers!!! Please post an update about how the little guys is doing!!!

Children's is one of the BEST. Sending my thoughts and best wishes for a fast and speedy recovery of your little one and may this be the last you need to worry about it!

Back
Top Bottom