• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please help to I.D part

Studied the Sig and Ruger for quite some time on YouTube and manufacturer's websites without results.

The S&W owner's manual no longer posts Exploded Parts Diagram drawings, but instead read as follows.

* A parts list can be obtained by contacting Smith & Wesson Customer Service.

So, I an beginning to lean towards a S&W product.

~Matt
I agree they where the hardest ones to find a diagram for. The ones I found where to fuzzy to really make out.

I will be calling the manufacturers in a couple hours. Hopefully get to the bottom of this.
If they didn’t come from any of my guns then I’m truly going to be perplexed at their Origin.

Studied the Sig and Ruger for quite some time on YouTube and manufacturer's websites without results.

The S&W owner's manual no longer posts Exploded Parts Diagram drawings, but instead read as follows.

* A parts list can be obtained by contacting Smith & Wesson Customer Service.

So, I an beginning to lean towards a S&W product.

~Matt

I looked at parts schematics for the .45 Shield, since I have one, and also on Youtube vids for disassembling Shields and found nothing even remotely similar to the parts shown in the OP. If the parts are from a S&W, they're not from a Shield. I have a suspicious feeling from one of your earlier posts that a puzzled Amazon customer that used the ultrasonic cleaner is still looking for his parts to whatever gun they go to. [laugh]

that a puzzled Amazon customer that used the ultrasonic cleaner is still looking for his parts to whatever gun they go to. [laugh]

It is funny, but when I look at that little detent pin I think of how much the rounded pin looks like the replacement firing pin that comes with the APEX Duty/Carry kits for the S&W J-Frame revolvers. I have installed so many of those pins that the radius of the tip just stands out. When the OP mentioned that he had an Apex kit in one of the Shields I started going through all their instruction sheets. No luck. Plus, they are striker-fired...

I do think that it is more than an ancillary part because of the fact that they bothered to mark the sides with a "3" and a "W". Those features may indicate that they may have at least a "1" and a "2" which possibly correspond to different calibers on the same platform. Who knows.

You're (OP's) best chance now is customer/technical support help. I'd start with S&W.

However, you could also detail strip each suspect firearm, one at a time and look for a fairly deep bore hole that that spring and pin may fit into.

I am built to "find my own solutions" and it is hard to kick that natural drive.

~Matt

Make sure one of the calls is to the manufacturer of the ultrasonic cleaner, there’s a possibility they’re not gun parts.

Sorry folks. I’ve been slammed all day at work never had a chance to call. I will hopefully get time at some point this week.

Looks like a hammer spring strut to me. Does the round end fit inside the spring? I didn't read everyone's post so disregard if I am missing something.

I see that the guns you listed have no hammers (duh).... maybe striker or a plunger for the safety on that Sig?

I've been looking at diagrams for a while and here is a thought based on this Sig Sauer P-250 schematic.

Part 28 (Extractor spring guide) looks an awful lot like the part you have except the rear looks concave on your part and not in the schematic so maybe your part is either worn or an aftermarket part.

View: https://imgur.com/a/JQCuqMj

dhuze, It does look an awful lot like his part.
The p250 is offered in different calibers, maybe they are different parts between models?
~Matt

iu

If I get time tomorrow I'll strip down my 9 shield and verify the prices dont belong there. So we can cross that off the list at least.

Sorry I haven’t updated, my work hours make it stupid hard to call places during their normal hours I have the rest of the week off once I get out on Thursday AM at some point.

Well, at least you have the 1911. I was seriously thinking of offering you a "loaner"... [smile]

Well, at least you have the 1911. I was seriously thinking of offering you a "loaner"... [smile]

The sentiment is very much appreciated thank you.

Thankfully I have a few backup options for the time being. I am using the 1911 for typical carry and finally breaking in the holster I got for it a year or two ago from Andy’s leather. I never realized how heavy that setup is till I switched from something like the shield to a full size gun. Using a small revolver for when full concealement is required.

Back
Top Bottom