• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please explain the part on NH for me at #14

They just stated facts: low crime, low gun homices.... but did you see this (where the lies start):
They stated total firearm deaths as 132, 123 being suicides, yet the homicide total was n/a... They either cant do math or dont want to say 9. That number too low. The other thing about the illegal to carry loaded... bs... it's msn, they need to put that in there so the average dope correlates the low firearm deaths to it being "illegal" to carry loaded.

States With the Most Gun Violence

Are we serious here? So it's illegal to carry a loaded gun on oneself or in a vehicle in NH? WTF can we please do our homework.

The law changed recently when Constitutional Carry was passed.
It is no longer illegal to carry a loaded gun in a vehicle without a license and it has never been illegal to carry loaded gun on your person.

They just stated facts: low crime, low gun homices.... but did you see this (where the lies start):
They stated total firearm deaths as 132, 123 being suicides, yet the homicide total was n/a... They either cant do math or dont want to say 9. That number too low.
You'll note, many of the numbers don't fully add up. There are other classifications in the FBI UCR, like "Accident" and "Unknown," that may be the others there. Hell, depending how NH reports their data, they might all be justified, and thus classed differently. I would take a look at the CDC and FBI numbers for 2016, if I wanted the full answer.

They stated total firearm deaths as 132, 123 being suicides, yet the homicide total was n/a... They either cant do math or dont want to say 9. That number too low.
Bingo. Same reason the official homicide rate for the majority of NH towns is listed as "N/A"; it is so small it falls into the rounding error and messes up their pretty charts.

The law changed recently when Constitutional Carry was passed.
It is no longer illegal to carry a loaded gun in a vehicle without a license and it has never been illegal to carry loaded gun on your person.

I know what the law is, that’s why I wish the writer did their homework instead of putting out stupid information. If journalists or whatever you want to call them did their due diligence on stories maybe we’d be just a tiny bit better off.

And all of them have been progressive run paradises for decades
Is that true? Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about how LA and MS run their states, but neither has elected a D president since Clinton (MS goes back to Carter), and their reps and senators seem to be overwhelmingly R.

Perhaps this speaks to how we define "progressive" or "liberal."

For reference, the 5 are NJ, IL, MD (no surprise on any of those) and the above mentioned LA and MS. Of course, the last two have the highest levels of poverty in the US, so that likely enters into the already complex math.

They stated total firearm deaths as 132, 123 being suicides, yet the homicide total was n/a... They either cant do math or dont want to say 9.

I'm honestly wondering if we're talking accidents - and for whatever reason, they count that as between homocide and suicide, but not either category?

Back
Top Bottom