Please explain Massachusetts Firearms Roster

Ever since Ruger came out with the Mark 1V Target Model #40103 I wanted to buy one yet I check every month to see if this model has been approved and every time I never see it. I tried contacting Ruger several times and several times never received an answer. Just what is wrong with this gun?
1) Come on it is a 22LR
2) It has "TARGET" in it's name
3) It is made entirely of Stainless Steel No plastic no crap
4) S&W can get a Ham Sandwich approved why not Ruger?
5) This model is not some cheap Saturday Night Special ( I am old enough to remember Bartley/Fox)
6) I would never put a dealer in a bind if he said he could order it. Now Maura has a special task force to start checking this. So just how does the Firearms Roster work? Is there a secret handshake that some manufactures know....greasy palms??

as said above, did Ruger submit guns for testing and lay out the money?

Where MA is such a small market and they have similar guns available for sale in MA, why would they lay out the money and jump thru the hoops for such a low return on investment.

Ever since Ruger came out with the Mark 1V Target Model #40103 I wanted to buy one yet I check every month to see if this model has been approved and every time I never see it. I tried contacting Ruger several times and several times never received an answer. Just what is wrong with this gun?
1) Come on it is a 22LR
2) It has "TARGET" in it's name
3) It is made entirely of Stainless Steel No plastic no crap
4) S&W can get a Ham Sandwich approved why not Ruger?
5) This model is not some cheap Saturday Night Special ( I am old enough to remember Bartley/Fox)
6) I would never put a dealer in a bind if he said he could order it. Now Maura has a special task force to start checking this. So just how does the Firearms Roster work? Is there a secret handshake that some manufactures know....greasy palms??

Do yourself a favor and just take that f***ing roster and delete it, or ignore it. f*** that thing, it is meaningless to you as a consumer in MA. It does not apply to you and you are not
bound to it. It is a gun shop problem. Find a gun shop that will get you what you want instead of worrying about the roster.

As far as #6 is concerned, its not your problem. Let the dealer handle it. They are the final arbiter anyways list or no list.

PS what does Bartley Fox have to do with anything?

The law that wiped out the so called "Saturday Night Specials" from being imported was at the Federal Level, AKA GCA68, and all that did was bring offshore manufacturing onto U S Soil to get around the import restrictions.

i bought a Ruger Mark IV target from MFS very shortly after it came out, when i lived in commiechusetts.

Check out an older used Mark ll. A quarter the cost and a better gun without all the “improvements”. They are harder to do a complete deep cleaning, but once you do it, it isn’t that hard. I have always liked the Mark series, they are a great gun for the money.

PS what does Bartley Fox have to do with anything?

The law that wiped out the so called "Saturday Night Specials" from being imported was at the Federal Level, AKA GCA68, and all that did was bring offshore manufacturing onto U S Soil to get around the import restrictions.
Bartley-Fox Amendment in Massachusetts support the contention that a ban on small handguns would reduce violent crime with little cost to legitimate users. Because of problems with price data, policymakers should focus on the issue of concealability in considering Saturday Night Special laws.

and where exactly did Bartley Fox stop the purchase of a cheap gun in MA?

Christ I bought a Raven 25, one of the worst POS guns ever made brand new from a FFL in 1981, long after BF was passed, and a Rossi model 36 clone after that.

All BF did was flood the licensing process with a bunch of old guys who had guns and no licenses, and for a short while put people without licenses in jail for a year.

What the GCA68 did by banning the IMPORTATION of cheap guns was make it so low income people would have a harder time affording a gun, basically an attempt to make it so only people who could afford a higher priced gun could enjoy their 2A rights.

And those people who were denied were predominantly black

Almost all gun control measures are back door ways to keep anyone but the well to do from owning a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom