Please,every gun owner read this post!!

Doctor who was shocked I was being held. If I was such a danger to myself or others,why was I let go in only 1.5 hours? If I was such a danger,you would think I would have been held for observation correct? If my intent was to harm myself there are hundreds of ways to do that.
I hardly doubt anyone who was truly suicidal would be set free after only 1.5 hours. I think the fact that you were released that quickly speaks volumes to your credibility and character. I hope if you decide to fight the good fight you are successful in getting your LTC back. I can't believe there are NES'ers here that think this couldn't happen to them.

I honestly can't believe the number of you cross examining the OP. I don't give a damn weather you're hauling the "thin blue line", or if you think he might have actually been suicidal, it pisses me off.[angry] The fact that the gestapo can show up at a person's house and haul them off based on a phone call from a couple states south scares the living crap out of me. It is a case I would be willing to donate to every time. This truly could happen to any one of us, and I definitely wouldn't want to be in the OP's position.

+1

I can't believe there are NES'ers here that think this couldn't happen to them.
sheep.gif
There are sheep everywhere, Greg.

I can't believe there are NES'ers here that think this couldn't happen to them.

Who?

I don't think there's anyone in this thread who doesn't believe that a single phone call like this can screw with someone's life to no end. However, I think that they can believe that and still not believe the OP's story.

Last edited:
its best to stay clear of people like that.

So you assume the ex is completely wrong not knowing what may have transpired between them?How can I get this gift of yours?I am not trying to bust balz here,it's just that there is so much jumping to conclusions in forums that I really think folks should have parachutes on.[rofl]

So you assume the ex is completely wrong not knowing what may have transpired between them?How can I get this gift of yours?I am not trying to bust balz here,it's just that there is so much jumping to conclusions in forums that I really think folks should have parachutes on.[rofl]

What transpired is simple. After spending a week up here I told her I was not interested in the relationship going further. I took her to dinner,drove her to Logan airport kissed her good bye. She had two layovers,called me each time to let me know she was ok. When she got home,she called me again to say she had made it home safe, That was about 11 pm. The next phone call was at 6:10 am from Shrewsbury police. WTF is so hard for some of you to belive about this? I'm damm careful about what I post here and can back up every word I say with paperwork. At times I'm sorry I ever found this site as some of you just seem to get off bashing me.

As fellow gun owners I thought you might like to see what can and does happen every day to many of us. Instead,I get comments about my style of writing,my story as a whole etc. By the way,what is this "gift of yours" mean?

Last edited:
This thread, and especially responses by some of the LEOs here are REALLY ensuring that a LEO is NEVER going to get invited to pass over my doorstep unless they're a friend and OFF-DUTY. And out of their jurisdiction.

From the posts, they sound kind of like vampires... they can't come in your home unless invited.
ohlord.gif

Oh, and it make a LOT more sense out of the comment in Cross-X's "advice from a cop" thread that everyone loves firefighters. Firefighters can't arrest you.

(sorry, JonJ, Half-Cocked, law dawg... but look over some of your recent responses. I mean, seriously! Those kinds of things are guaranteed to get law abiding citizens to start looking nervously at anyone with a badge and a gun!)
Ross, I have no idea what I or any of the other LEOs posted to cause such a response. Without going back through 200 posts, I believe what any of us posted was what we are authorized to do. Nothing more.
Maybe you live in a world that's black and white, I don't. I don't have that luxury and I don't want it either.

A lot of what LE Officers do these days is done in fear of civil liability, "if this guys actually kills himself after i leave......". The lawsuits come from every end, not to mention the jackasses that run the Department, they will hang you out to dry in two seconds. 99% of all cops have respect for law abiding citizens and have no desire to arbitrarily trample someone's rights. I know the usual LEO haters on this board will flame this response, let the attack begin.

Ross, I have no idea what I or any of the other LEOs posted to cause such a response. Without going back through 200 posts, I believe what any of us posted was what we are authorized to do. Nothing more.
Maybe you live in a world that's black and white, I don't. I don't have that luxury and I don't want it either.

Jonj:
I understand the police had a duty to check on me,I get it. What I do not understand is why 5 officers had to show up in the manner they did? Futher more,after speaking with me and noting my state of mind,why did they take any further action? All my weapons where stored in my gun safe,I was sound asleep when the police called me,I complied 100% with the police,made no threats towards them or to anyone else( there own reports bears this out).

I have friends that are both local and state police officers and even they agree the whole matter was conducted improperly. Again,what the hell did I do wrong? Some people find this funny,however I assure you it is a nightmare.

What transpired is simple. After spending a week up here I told her I was not interested in the relationship going further. I took her to dinner,drove her to Logan airport kissed her good bye. She had two layovers,called me each time to let me know she was ok. When she got home,she called me again to say she had made it home safe, That was about 11 pm. The next phone call was at 6:10 am from Shrewsbury police. WTF is so hard for some of you to belive about this? I'm damm careful about what I post here and can back up every word I say with paperwork. At times I'm sorry I ever found this site as some of you just seem to get off bashing me.

As fellow gun owners I thought you might like to see what can and does happen every day to many of us. Instead,I get comments about my style of writing,my story as a whole etc. By the way,what is this "gift of yours" mean?

The gift of jumping to conclusions.

Common situation...

Court overturns denial of gun permit to man once detained in mental ward
By William C. Lhotka
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
04/11/2006

As a Missouri corrections officer for more than 10 years, David Nelson is authorized to carry a gun on the job. But a year ago, he was denied a state permit to buy one.

The contradiction became a court dispute that reached all the way to the seven judges of the Missouri Supreme Court, who ruled unanimously Tuesday in Nelson's favor.

The issue dates to Sept. 11, 2003, when a judge in Callaway County ordered that Nelson be detained, evaluated and treated at a mental institution for 96 hours, against his will, because a Fulton police officer alleged that Nelson had talked about suicide.

In that period, the Mid-Missouri Mental Health Center determined that Nelson did not suffer from mental illness and needed neither medication nor psychiatric care. He never got a court hearing to protest the police officer's claim.
On April 27, 2005, Nelson applied for a permit to acquire a concealable weapon, which is different from a concealed-carry permit but is bound by similar rules. The Callaway County Sheriff's Department said no. Sheriff Dennis Crane, and later Prosecuting Attorney Robert Sterner, cited a state law that denies permits to felons or people having been committed to mental institutions.

Nelson sued, losing before Associate Circuit Judge Joe Holt, who had issued the detention order, and then before Circuit Judge Ellen Roper.

Nelson's attorney, Geoffrey Preckshot, took the case to the Supreme Court, arguing that the ruling was unfair to his client and others in a similar situation. "Each of these persons is caught in an almost classic 'Catch 22'; never again to be trusted by society to be allowed to acquire a concealable firearm, but not crazy enough to justify a (commitment) proceeding," he said.

Writing for the unanimous court, Judge Richard B. Teitelman said Nelson had been put under "detention," which he said is different from "committed."

The incident occurred on Friday, November 26, 2004 and Mr. Vezina filed a complaint on Thursday, February 5, 2009, which was 1,532 days (or 4 years, 2 months, 10 days, excluding the end date) later.

If the preservation of the LTC was such a high priority, why wait 1,532 days? Why come on a forum and rip apart people who ask legitimate questions and point out legitimate inconsistencies and red flags?

I think the statute of limitations issue will be insurmountable.

Then what?

Hang in there...

...and don't get discouraged. A lot of people are questioning the veracity of what you posted because we've seen a lot of examples where people don't tell the whole story, and it only comes out in dribs and drabs, so many of us are skeptical.

It's hard for someone who's never seen this happen, to themselves or someone they know, to believe that things can really be that screwed up. I've seen the damage that a fraudulent 209A can cause; it happened to a very close friend of mine. Others have posted similar experiences.

Many of us live, sleep, eat and breathe guns, so we can't envision waiting such a long time to pursue this issue. Not every gun owner is a gun nut, but that doesn't mean that the rights of a casual owner are less important. If all rights aren't important for all people then they cease to have any real meaning. Sadly, when it comes to firearms ownership, we're "guilty until proven innocent," at least in Massachusetts.

You have gotten a lot of support in this thread. I don't believe for a minute that the folks questioning your story want to see you get screwed over. If everything you've posted is accurate, then it could happen to any one of us, and that is a chilling thought.

You have an expensive and uphill battle before you. I wish you success. I will help in any way I can. If you are victorious then we all benefit.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
The incident occurred on Friday, November 26, 2004 and Mr. Vezina filed a complaint on Thursday, February 5, 2009, which was 1,532 days (or 4 years, 2 months, 10 days, excluding the end date) later.

If the preservation of the LTC was such a high priority, why wait 1,532 days? Why come on a forum and rip apart people who ask legitimate questions and point out legitimate inconsistencies and red flags?

I think the statute of limitations issue will be insurmountable.

Then what?

What you fail to mention is that over 3 years ago I met the former chief,with my lawyer to sort this out. I was advised to with draw.w/o prejudice my permit and let things cool down. Then the town fires him and I have to start all over again with new new chief! Good enough answer for you?

Ross, I have no idea what I or any of the other LEOs posted to cause such a response.
Read these two responses, Jon.

He was outside of his home. No warrant needed for anything if you are outside.
To me that says that if the MPD comes a-knocking on my door, I am NOT stepping outside until I know for sure what is going on... and maybe not then, either.

Outside I can arrest someone much easier, to be honest. Going into a house is verboten without a warrant unless exigent circumstances exist. Outside, not an issue. The only issue is probable cause.
And he's not getting invited in, either...

No, it's not black and white. If I invite you up for a BBQ, you're invited into to my house. If the MPD knocks on my door unexpectedly (IE; I didn't call 911), I'm sorry, but unless it's a freaking blizzard, they're going to explain why they're on my doorstep FROM the doorstep and not inside.

Update: After speaking with a number of lawyers I have been told,after they read police reports and spoke with me at length,I do not need to retain a lawyer. As I have moved to another town and there is no legal basis not to renew my ltc all I have to do is apply in the new town.

I spoke with a firm in Boston who wanted $5,000.00 retainer and told me it could cost as much as $40,000.00- $$50,000.00 to see this thru.

I want to thank all of you ,from the bottom of my heart who offered to help me fund this fight. I could never take a penny from any of you however the offer itself was wonderful!![grin]

I wonder too... I wonder what-the-F people are thinking sometimes.

Here's some poor guy that had his door kicked in by the Gestapo, his guns stolen, his character questioned, his permit yanked, and his finances drained because a vindictive ex decided to screw with him.

After a time, he finds out about NortheastShooters (probably from either Jon Green or that lawyer in Framingham), comes here, does a search, and finds an old thread where a bunch of Internet "experts" were talking shit about him based on an article in the local press. (Which is always 100% accurate, right?).

He comes here and makes his first post. First post. For all we know, it was his first post on any Internet forum ever. And this first post came after reading a thread where people talked shit about him.

And what happens?

A couple of more "experts" critique his writing style!! One even goes so far as to offer a bipolar diagnosis, and another accuses him of being off his meds!

Christ, sometimes you people make us look like a**h***s. Thanks for pissing me off first thing in the morning.

We have over 7000 members here, only about 1/10th of which are/were active (>100 posts). I wonder how many of the other 6,000 left after their first post wasn't up to the experts' standards. Keep up the good work guys.

As for you [popcorn] posters, it was funny the first time, and gets a little less so every time it's posted.

Sorry for the hijack Robert. Good luck getting your permit back. PM me if there's anything I can do to help.

You said it better than I could.

Back
Top Bottom