please delete

I would never use reduced power striker springs in a carry gun, ever.

-Mike

I would never use reduced power striker springs in a carry gun, ever.

-Mike

Absolutely.. why would you ever run a reduced power striker spring in a carry gun? Put the factory one back in please.

You will also see people tell you to run it stock, get those competition parts out of the EDC. I agree with this statement.

And by the way, the reduced power striker springs are typically 4.0 lbs at the low end. I've never seen a 3 lb one.

No way am I carrying a lightened striker spring on a carry gun. If you prefer the trigger I'd get the extended striker. Glockworx and Jager makes them and seem popular. I'm sure there are others.

EDIT: To clarify, my statement has nothing to do with the weight of the trigger pull or ERMAGURD! You must carry stock so you don't get in trubble! Make it as light as you want and can be safe with. My statement has everything to do with reliability which is paramount in a carry gun. You are risking light primer strikes with a light striker spring. I want my carry gun to go bang when I pull the trigger.

Last edited:
One thing to bear in mind is that different manufacturers' primers have different hardness levels, so unless you have thoroughly tested your gun with lightened striker spring with your carry ammo you can't be sure it will function correctly if the need arises.

Federal primers are known for being softer than most, and therefore easier to ignite. Many competition shooters exclusively use Federal primers in their reloads so they can use the lightest springs possible. If you're using Federal for your range ammo, and some other brand as your carry ammo, it could be a recipe for unexpected light strikes at a very inopportune time.

You must carry stock so you don't get in trubble!

No you have it backwards. A heavy trigger is harder to pull. So in MA if you pull a heavy trigger that means you really, really, wanted to shoot someone...[rolleyes] <<sarcasm>>

Don't you guys have enough bullshit regs. to deal with already? Stop inventing new ones!! [banghead]

No you have it backwards. A heavy trigger is harder to pull. So in MA if you pull a heavy trigger that means you really, really, wanted to shoot someone...[rolleyes] <<sarcasm>>

Don't you guys have enough bullshit regs. to deal with already? Stop inventing new ones!! [banghead]

Yep. Drives me nuts when i see that being said. Becasue a 4.5lb "carry trigger" is so much different than a 3.5lb "competition trigger".

Standard Glock striker spring is 5.5lb.

The lowest striker springs sold for competition are usually 4lb. Wolf Springs doesn't even offer a striker spring less than 4lb for Glocks.

Yep. Drives me nuts when i see that being said. Becasue a 4.5lb "carry trigger" is so much different than a 3.5lb "competition trigger".

I believe you missed the point. There is NO requirement for you to have a 10lb trigger or carry the gun in stock configuration. The 10# trigger thing is part of the restrictions on what A DEALER CAN SELL in MA NOT WHAT YOU CAN OWN or carry. You can read about it here in a very old NES post http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-71757.html or here http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-72677.html SEE Post 2 in each.

Last edited:
So full of fail, misunderstanding, incorrect terminology & broken sarcasm meters here. This thread needs to be erased from existence.

Back
Top Bottom