please delete

cdust666

NES Member
hello everyone.i was looking to purchase a g27 for edc. if anyone who carries a g27 how is the recoil? all over the web it says its a "snappy" round i currently carry a 3" 45 with liberty 78 gr hollowpoints. gun shoots great and is reliable but i want something new. i have always been a 1911 guy any info would be greatly appreciated. thanky for looking

Last edited:
Love my G27 Gen 3. I carry it IWB about 4 o'clock, and found it easier to conceal than I expected. I was going to carry a Shield, but like the Glock better.

Sure, it's a little snappy but I enjoy shooting it. I'm also more accurate with my G27 than my G17.

Last edited:
I carry a G27 G4 in the summer. Love it. I have 1 flush mag and two with +2 Pearse grips on em. Makes for extra ammo & versatility. Sure it has pop but it is manageable. If you like Glocks it is a fine pistol.

I have a 26, the 9mm version. I really like it. I purchased it after shooting a friends 27. I really liked the feel of the 27 but my chosen HG round is 9mm. It didn't feel snappy at all, I found it to be very easy to shoot.

im also considering a g 26 i love my 45 but i want something easier to conceal

This being MA, it seems that 27's are more plentiful as PD trade in's or off duty pistols, so they tend to be a little cheaper. The 26's seem to get scooped up quick and command a little more dough. I saw one in the classifieds last night for $700. Pretty good deal for MA market anyway.

G27 was my first gun and I have always enjoyed it. I like the idea of pocket carry and the glock is a little too big so I recently bought a s&w 442, but I still carry the glock. I don't think the recoil is bad and it is very accurate for having such a short barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have both 26 and 27--they are snappy for small guns but not hard to control, and accurate.
When we started shooting IDPA, my shot her 27 and did fine, was very comfortable with it.

Get the 27...you can always grab a lone wolf conversion barell and a couple of 9mm g26 mags and you have....a g26! Don't think you can do it in the reverse....

My G27 is one of my two primary carry guns. I don't find the recoil bad at all. Snappy is a good description. I do prefer the Pearce mag extensions because it lets my hand get a little better purchase on the gun. It's not a gun I would take to the range and put 500 rounds through it for fun, but that's not why I bought it. It was purchased as a self-defense tool, and that's how I use it.

I have both the S&W pro series 3" 1911 and gen4 G27. The size is about the same whereas the 1911 I can have a full grip and the G27, I have to wrap my pinkie under. Glock is a bit thicker and the 1911 grip is a tad longer. Concealment is a bit better with the glock.

Shooting wise, I am a bit more accurate on follow up shots and faster with the glock. Recoil is heavier with the 45 especially with the lightweight frame. I'm still on target with the glock and with the 45, I have to realign my sights before squeezing another off.

Lint tends to collect more on the 1911. Both are carried iwb crossbreed holster.

More often than not, the G27 goes where I go. Condition 1 with the 1911 is still a bit scary for me. I find myself checking often to ensure the thumb safety is engaged.

The 27 is certainly noticeable, but I also find it very accurate compared to other small guns. I shoot mine much better than my S&W snubbie, and much better than than the BG380.

I carry the G33, 357sig version of the same gun. It's easy to pocket carry with the flat mags, get a couple of pierce finger ext for holster carry.

ive heard that the subcompact glocks are very snappy at least the 40 cal

- - - Updated - - -

glocks are pricey in ma. my bud lives in nh and he got a new one for about 500

We have a G27 in our shop that is a Gen 2.5, has 4 mags, 3 holsters and has a really nice trigger for $695. The owner replaced the spring assembly in it and claims it has recoil closer to a 9mm. The guy is very gun savvy and I have seen his work so I wouldn't doubt it. All the original buffer parts are with the gun as well along with the original case. Very nice gun.

Last edited:
I love my 27. It goes everywhere with me. Bathroom, shower, bedtime. It's better with a mag extension so u can get ur pinky on it. I was offered 750 and I'm glad I kept it

Back
Top Bottom