• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

please delete

cdust666

NES Member
hello nes members and guests i was just wondering are 3" kimber ultras a good gun. i have a new unfired ultra tle 2 and was thinking about selling it for a smaller edc like a springfield xds 45. i know the xds has been recalled and all the research i do it seems it has problems. any input would be great. thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I have a Kimber ultra carry 45 and a Colt Defender 45. Both are awesome and I wouldn't sell either one of them.....that being said, if you are gonna carry a lot and cause wear and tear...get a glock 30 or a sigma.....they are already ugly but they do shoot really well....

i have a kimber ultra ii, and i almost never carry it. i prefer my kahr p9 to it. so really i only shoot it at the range, and it's not a great range gun. i carry it every once in a while, when i want to switch things up.

all that said, i've never had any problems with mine. i know people tend to complain, but i only have my one sample to go off of, and mine's good.

Kimbers are expensive and pretty. My CCW is ugly but reliable and costs much less. If you have the cash and want a safe queen to show off to your buddies then go for it. If you want something to carry then get something else

Back
Top Bottom