• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

please delete this question, thank you

So my friend was to sell off some guns to buy a preban AR and he trying to trade in my glock 22 gen 3. We went to cabelas firearm counter and talked to some of the gun sales staff there who told me it's actually illegal for me to own it unless I am a police officer. The firearms outfitter manager said he couldn't take it in and I'd get in trouble if I got pulled over and they saw I had it. They kept asking me how I got it and if I was a cop. (IM NOT A COP) I just a ton pre ban mags for it too, I'm like $1500 into the gun and 5 pre ban mags. What am I supposed to do? Do I surrender it to my FFL or police? Thanks guys.

ill take it off your ha...... oh wait its a .40 never mind

So my friend was to sell off some guns to buy a preban AR and he trying to trade in my glock 22 gen 3. We went to cabelas firearm counter and talked to some of the gun sales staff there who told me it's actually illegal for me to own it unless I am a police officer. The firearms outfitter manager said he couldn't take it in and I'd get in trouble if I got pulled over and they saw I had it. They kept asking me how I got it and if I was a cop. (IM NOT A COP) I just a ton pre ban mags for it too, I'm like $1500 into the gun and 5 pre ban mags. What am I supposed to do? Do I surrender it to my FFL or police? Thanks guys.
If you're not trolling, relax.

The guy at the counter at Cabelas is factually wrong. If you have a LTC, you're fine.

I don't even want the gun anymore Its too much of a grey area, my gun store Cabela's where they know me, I'm a regular, told me the opposite from some guys on the web. I don't know
Your guy at cabelas is an idiot.

The law is clear. Dealers in MA must not sell handguns that aren't on the EOPSS roster. Glocks are on this list. Moreover, the office of the AG has certain consumer protection powers where they declare certain firearms unfit. They consider Glocks unfit.

Cabelas got in trouble with the AG years ago for selling Glocks.

Private individuals can basically own anything that's not a so-called "assault weapon." Glocks aren't so-called "assault weapons." Private individuals make transfers through the online portal (eFA-10)

Your guy at cabelas is an idiot.

The law is clear. Dealers in MA must not sell handguns that aren't on the EOPSS roster. Glocks are on this list. Moreover, the office of the AG has certain consumer protection powers where they declare certain firearms unfit. They consider Glocks unfit.

Cabelas got in trouble with the AG years ago for selling Glocks.

Private individuals can basically own anything that's not a so-called "assault weapon." Glocks aren't so-called "assault weapons." Private individuals make transfers through the online portal (eFA-10)
Great - big sigh of relief. But if they sold it why won't they take it back now?

Back
Top Bottom