• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please change color of white font for 'Welcome, Notifications' etc.

Mountain

NES Member
Hi mods-

Please change color of white font for notifications, etc. Many if not most of the backgrounds of the ads at the upper right of the screen are white. White font on white background [banghead].

Normally I use an ipad, if that is a factor.

Thanks!

You should be able to Change your (forum) display settings.
I like my White letters.... LOL. I have it on a dark background.

[smile]

Hi mods-

Please change color of white font for notifications, etc. Many if not most of the backgrounds of the ads at the upper right of the screen are white. White font on white background [banghead].

Thanks!

ETA:

View attachment 112871

Last edited:
I have the same issue. The notifications, profile, etc..are being placed on the adds in the top right corner. The ads have white backgrounds and washes out the words. I did go and customize my page but I am not sure what field needs to be changed in order for the button color to change.

pressing control-A should make the hidden white-on-white text visible so you can get to the menu

get rid of the ads ... problem solved.
I routinely end up on another site because i'm trying to hit the notification tab on my small screened phone.

Hi mods-

Thanks!
Thank you Jesus, someone had to say it.

Done through a stylesheet, this is the way to go.

Using "Inspect Element" in Chrome, I added "background-color: black" to the "toplinks" class. That did the trick. It would probably be better to color match to the rest of the header div, but I didn't want to find the right color code. A "border: thin solid" property looks reasonably good too.

control A is not an option on my ipad...at least I don't think it is.

How do you get rid of the ads?

Ditto- this appears to be an iPad issue. The font is not buried in a white background ad whenviewed from PC.

Thank you Jesus, someone had to say it.

LOL, the Brownells ad is usually the one with the white background. I am a huge fan of Brownells! so at least it's a 'happy place' for me. Edit- ad also includes Gun Parlor, another place I like and recently bought my P220 Compact SAS from there.
[tinfoil]???

Just a polite request for some iPad-friendly reformatting.

Now I can't reply to classifieds- is that my first level of purgatory for this post?

Last edited:
If you're running Firefox (on the desktop) here's how you can change that little block.

http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/how-to-override-css-stylesheets-in-firefox/

I used this in my userContent.css file:

Code:
@-moz-document domain(northeastshooters.com) {

.toplinks { 
	border: thin solid !important;
	background-color: black !important;
}

}

Recently, Chrome removed similar functionality, so this won't work with that. You can use the Stylish extension on both Chrome and Firefox if hacking custom CSS isn't your bag. This let me keep the ads showing (good, supports the site) and see the user links. Win-win.

Happens here at work on Google Chrome, on a certain resolution setting. At home, laptop, my resolution is different, longer, smaller, stretched out, and the words don't interfere with the white background. Not sure if this helps with mobile devices...........

Nice fix shorty. I'm usually guessing when navigating through that bar on my iPhone / iPad. It makes a huge difference. +1

Back
Top Bottom