• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Places to shoot in North Conway area?

Next weekend, some friends and I are planning to spend the weekend up in North Conway. I was wondering if anyone knew of any ranges close to the area, or locations of any sand pits that we can do some target shooting at without getting harrassed by the pd, or bothering any of the locals. Are there any laws about outdoor target shooting up there I should be aware of, such as obtaining permits or notifiying the local pd of my intentions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't recall seeing more than 1 gun shop listed in their phone directory when I was up there 2 Summers ago for a reunion weekend.

But checking with a local gun shop (assuming one exists) or the local PD might give you some locations to use that won't bother anyone.

I belong to Carroll County fish game and shooting club. It is located on Rt 113 in Madison NH. About 10 min south of NConway. If you are driving in on rt 16, 113 is on your right about 1 mile or so before the intersection with the kangamangus(SP) Highway. It is only 35 bucks for a 1 year membership, All out door ranges and a trout pond. I send my app in by mail but you can go to a local bar (the name I cant remember) and get your membership on the spot.
I go up about 8 times a year and its worth it to get out and shoot or fish. And 35 bucks isn’t so bad even if its just 1 weekend.

Here are some contact numbers for more info hope it helps

Pres Dick Cook 603 447 8819
VP Dennis Rogers 603 447 5397
Sec Nancy Williams 603 447 5635

Awesome! Thanks! My parents own a townhouse in Madison, and I go up quite frequently, so $35 would be well worth it!

I'm hoping to move up to that area in the next few month do you know of a club with a indoor range near there?

I just returned from vacation in the Long Lake area of Maine. There is a free public range just over the border in Fryeburg, Maine. There were three ranges and two of them have weather protection. I was there last Thursday while it was raining and met a nice couple from Carver, Ma. There seemed to be a fair amount of people from N.H. using the facilities.The location is off Rt.113/5 near Lovewell Pond, near the south end of the pond on Landing Rd. The sign was missing but there is a sign for a public boat launch.The contact number for the person responsible for the range is :207-935-2743. I spoke with him, Paul Sandersen and the only request was to pick up after yourself, which too many people did not seem to do.Happy shooting!

Back
Top Bottom