Places People Bring Their Guns - ABC News Tonight 8/17 @ 6:30

FYI - Charlie Gibson is doing a story on this topic tonight. From the promo's it sounds like it might be a fear mongering piece! Features KY Pastor's bring your gun to church story, along with people bringing guns to restaurants, etc. It'll be interesting I'm sure!

i liked their dramatic commercial for their little presentation:

would you want your family eating next to a loaded gun?

oh heavens no! i also wouldn't want my family eating next to:

someone holding a pack of cigarettes and a lighter
a car with gasoline in it
meat cooked less than well done
a serrated steak knife
hot stoves

i could go on all day. that pretty much set the tone for how the program is going to be IMO, i don't think i need my blood pressure to go any higher so i may sit this one out.

Thankfully it was not too anti. For the most part it was only about bringing your ccw to bars and restaurants...

The program wasn't that bad. I found it represented both sides pretty well.

They had the widow of a murder victim who was shot in a bar who said she wished she'd been able to carry her revolver in the bar. Even the bar owner they talked to most said that, while he was pro-2A and knew that 99% of gun owners wouldn't be a problem, he was genuinely worried about that 1%. They didn't seem to have any Brady-like people on there.

It was pretty short overall.

Last edited:
Bring gun just don't drink!!

I watched the bit on the news too. The only thing that shocked me was, the bar owner said he has guns but keeps them at home??? I have a lot of friends with bars/reastruants and the alwasy have at least 1 gun on them!!!
It has sure saved a few of them over the years.
I have ridden Harleys all my life and a lot of bars/reastruants say 2 wheels 1 drink!! Which isn't a bad policy. Just post a notice.."guns welcome just don't drink!"
That woman was very sure she should have had a gun!!!
Just my 2 cents!!!

The thing that bothers me about that general statement by the bar owner is how many people has he over served and knew got into a car and drove home.

Maybe his number is ZERO???

However I have been to plenty of restaurants and bars in my life, and have scene people leave in what I would consider an intoxicated state maybe they drove maybe they did'nt. Drunk driving is a real problem, I dont see many restaurants and bars that take your keys on the way in(i have heard of some) they want to check your guns at the door so you dont "impress your girlfriend", but its ok if you buy the booze and drive away?????

I watched the bit on the news too. The only thing that shocked me was, the bar owner said he has guns but keeps them at home???

Anyone happen to catch Lou Dobbs with Alan Gottlieb & Paul Helmke?
I was flipping through and caught the last few minutes. It was pretty good.

They should be worried more about the drinkers!!!

The thing that bothers me about that general statement by the bar owner is how many people has he over served and knew got into a car and drove home.

Maybe his number is ZERO???

However I have been to plenty of restaurants and bars in my life, and have scene people leave in what I would consider an intoxicated state maybe they drove maybe they did'nt. Drunk driving is a real problem, I dont see many restaurants and bars that take your keys on the way in(i have heard of some) they want to check your guns at the door so you dont "impress your girlfriend", but its ok if you buy the booze and drive away?????

I would worry more about the drunks than I would the guys with the gun!
3 & 4 DWI's some of these guys are still driving!! And may be at a restaurant near you soon!!!
I think you are onto something. if you want 2 drinks turn in your car keys!!!

i liked their dramatic commercial for their little presentation:

would you want your family eating next to a loaded gun?

oh heavens no! i also wouldn't want my family eating next to:

someone holding a pack of cigarettes and a lighter
a car with gasoline in it
meat cooked less than well done
a serrated steak knife
hot stoves

i could go on all day. that pretty much set the tone for how the program is going to be IMO, i don't think i need my blood pressure to go any higher so i may sit this one out.

And the pools! What about the assault pools that kill children by drowning them! Oh the humanity! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom