Pizza Box Reactive Targets

Reminds me of that NH company that makes one out of corrugated plastic. They cut flaps so that you can just slide in new clays.
Not to hijack but, I was considering seeing if there was interest in a group buy on these.
Very similar to the pigeon holes, just with a body outline.
I do some work for the owner and I hooked him up with the printer. He said he'd cut me a good deal.
If there's an interest let me know and I'll start an official thread.
20150622_064918_zpslvrskfrh.jpg

When I hear/read "reactive target" I don't think of clay pigeons... I think of something that goes BOOM!!

BTW, that IS something you can make yourself IF you know how to google... [devil] [pot]
a special homemade tannerite clay pigeon would be a great surprise for the kids.

So far these are doing the job. I tried reversing them and putting the black facing out. They work well but if you hit in the center flat spot (about 2" across) they don't always shatter, sometimes you just end up with a .22" hole and subsequently think you missed.

Also found a better adhesive than rubber cement. Gorilla Wood Glue is easier to apply and binds almost instantaneously, as in you better have very close to where you want the bird to be.

IMG_0615.jpg

My next project is to build a wood frame to hang these from.

I like the pizza box idea. I've been going to Wally World and getting the cheapest seltzer/soda cans/bottles and shaking them up before putting them downrange. Pretty reactive when the entire can explodes, lol.

Machine,
I've done this with Market Basket's house-brand sugar free orange cans. I watch for sales and buy 'em cheap. I use the orange because they're easy to see and the no-sugar variety doesn't attract the bugs. A buddy of mine cursed me for showing this to his teenaged son. Now the kid only wants to shoot cans because he gets such a charge out of seeing them explode in a giant orange spray. The kid's even taken to shooting the cans with .40 cal hollowpoints for some real exploding goodness !!!

Great thread! Can't believe I missed this! I have a homemade target stand which I made from ABS pipe and sacrificial target posts made of wood, which I staple cardboard backstops too. I have been using pizza boxes for this purpose for a long time and just taping paper targets to the cardboard, but I love the idea of gluing the clay pigeons on for reactive target! Will have to pick up some of that Gorilla glue and try it! Thanks for the idea!

Machine,
I've done this with Market Basket's house-brand sugar free orange cans. I watch for sales and buy 'em cheap. I use the orange because they're easy to see and the no-sugar variety doesn't attract the bugs. A buddy of mine cursed me for showing this to his teenaged son. Now the kid only wants to shoot cans because he gets such a charge out of seeing them explode in a giant orange spray. The kid's even taken to shooting the cans with .40 cal hollowpoints for some real exploding goodness !!!

Haha!! Yeah! I love using my G23 on them. Non-sugar is definite the way to go. At some point I'll put up a video of me taking my Sub2K G2 to those cans. I've had a lot of fun with that one. Now I'm thinking of taking a slug to them on the 870. They really make for some great reactive targets.

Back
Top Bottom