• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pix of NOLa

Sad situation down there. The good news is the MORON heading FEMA did the right thing. He resigned. Next should be the Governor of Louisiana, but don't hold your breath there. I'd say the mayor of NOLA, but, I can see where he got no help and less guidance. At least he did something, maybe not always the right things, but that's still better than doing nothing.

I really am concerned that the Liberals will turn this into a Bush Bashing, trying to boost their image for 2008. I think most of the General Public sees through their agendas, thanks to the Internet.

Oh they are already blaming Bush for the hurricane,etc. I believe the Mayor should lose his job too. Doubtful though,but I can be optomistic.

MrsWildweasel said:
Oh they are already blaming Bush for the hurricane,etc. I believe the Mayor should lose his job too. Doubtful though,but I can be optomistic.

Yeah, he did screw up a lot of stuff, but he did have a fairly full plate after the hurricaine, and just how much did the ditsy Governor do?

He definitely will be toast the next election. The school bus issue and the number of lives lost, as well as the crime INSIDE the dome, will be the key issues.

The Gov. should definately be strung up,but I am sorry the Mayor is just as guilty,especially living in that city and knowing that this was even a possibility. It just goes to show how many people are sheep and can't think for themselves unless someone tells them what to do.

MrsWildweasel said:
The Gov. should definately be strung up,but I am sorry the Mayor is just as guilty,especially living in that city and knowing that this was even a possibility. It just goes to show how many people are sheep and can't think for themselves unless someone tells them what to do.

Some of the folks there actually did more than any government entity has. I remember 2 older black gentlemen pulling a boat with 2 older ladies (that they didn't even know) in it to a point where they could get land travel to be evacuated. They also shamed the news crew that was there to take the ladies to the bus pick up point. Then they went back for more people. Those 2 guys are heroes in my book.

There's more than enough blame to go around. The Dem's in Congress better watch themselves, they're the primary ones to blame, voting down projects to fix stuff beforehand there. And that goes back to when the Dem's were in control.

Might be a good way to get a few out of office though. Unfortunately the media is so one sided,and wants to place the blame on Bush and no one else. It's also like Mississippi,you don't hear much about them,and they had just as much devastation, but what you find is people helping people,and not blaming anyone.

MrsWildweasel said:
Might be a good way to get a few out of office though. Unfortunately the media is so one sided,and wants to place the blame on Bush and no one else. It's also like Mississippi,you don't hear much about them,and they had just as much devastation, but what you find is people helping people,and not blaming anyone.

Some of the media is starting to come around to placing the blame where it really lies. NBC has at least once. I heard them lambaste the Gov and the FEMA director, but left Bush out of it, and criticized the Mayor, but gave him credit for some of the good things he's done.

They have also applauded the National Guard quite well.

I wish them all Godspeed. I know my brother still remembers when he was in tech school in Mississippi (Keesler AFB) they had to do the cleanup then and said it was horrific. I wish them all well. Would be around 79 he had to do that.

The Gov is now blaming FEMA for not getting the dead out quicker. She failed to mention that she requested a few days ago that the state take care of removing the bodies. Did she forget such a small detail as that? [roll]

The Gov. needs to go and quickly. The Mayor too...although the Gov needs to go through the door first.

Back
Top Bottom