Pivot Pin Insertion the EASY Way

I can’t see the ‘trick’ because the video isn’t valid? I use a razor blade and 3 beers and it always seems to work. If it doesn’t, there’s 3 more beers involved while looking for the spring/pin. Then 3 more beers on the second attempt.

I can’t see the ‘trick’ because the video isn’t valid? I use a razor blade and 3 beers and it always seems to work. If it doesn’t, there’s 3 more beers involved while looking for the spring/pin. Then 3 more beers on the second attempt.

He put grease on the spring to hold it in the hole while pushing in the pin

He put grease on the spring to hold it in the hole while pushing in the pin

Oh, hah…I do that automatically because it keeps the spring from rusting ever too. Mobil1 Synthetic red grease in an injector syringe goes in every hole and crevasse when I’m building anything. I never know when I’m going to have a chance to oil something next, so I just pack everything possible I grease from the get go.

ive always just used an allen wrench, put in from the left side to hold the detent, then push the allen key out with the pin. 60% of the time, it works every time...

Just get a 1/4" OD clevis pin. Makes it easy to get the pivot pin installed. Thought that was common knowledge for anyone who's assembled/built more than one AR.

Back
Top Bottom