pittsburg nh

so that is allowed?

My cousin lives in Tuftonboro NH. His backyard has a hillside behind it with nothing but woods beyond that. We shoot out there all the time. We shoot not even 10 feet from the back door.....his deck becomes teh shooting table. In fact one time I had just finished shooting a clip from my M1 garand and i turned around and there was a local cop turning the corner into the yard from the street. I got scared and thought he had heard a complaint and was going to shut us down.......turns out he stopped by to see what we were shooting becuase he heard all the noise......he ended up shooting my M1 for a bit with us.

So to answer your question.....as long as it is YOUR PROPERTY or you have permission from the property owner.....and it is a safe place....good backstop and nothing but woods beyond you'd probably be ok. Just don't pull your truck over any old place and start shooting.

Last edited:
cja1987 said:
Off US 3, take a left on Back Lake Road, continue down by Back Lake (bunch of cabins) and look for Moose Pond Rd on the right. Take that by, you guessed it, Moose Pond on the right and shortly after the pond you will see a nice berm and plenty of room to park on the LEFT side of the road. If somebody is there, continue straight for a short distance to Indian Stream Rd where you will take a left. Shortly after that on the right is a small road leading up to an area you can park your truck in front of a much larger berm than the first one described.

These sounds like the areas my friend described to me.

I know the paper companies open up there many miles of dirt roads for Moose/deer hunting. I imagine you could find a safe place to plink, My Dad and I shot a nice Bull in East Inlet 2004. Drop in the Buck Rub pub someone there can direct you to a shooting spot I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom