Pistol trainings

Willluvstafish

NES Member
Hello. New to the forum. I hope this post is ok and in the right area. I'm looking for good effective pistol training. I believe I have a few bad habits need fixed by someone who knows. Any suggestions would be highly apepreciated. I live in Waltham and am a member of Woburn Sportmans Association but would definitely go elsewhere for training.

Before you spend lots of money on classes, maybe check out some YouTube videos first.
I have. Watched a ton. I've got the dreaded down and left. It drives me crazy. I need to know if it's my trigger pull. Yesterday I was shooting. First 3 clips were great then slowly it went down and left again

I would definitely recommend Sig Academy for classes but that can also be expensive for a basic shooting fundamental.

It can really help you just have a friend watch you shoot and see what you’re doing and when.

You could check with your club or anyone who shoots IDPA/USPSA and see if they would help you.

Hello. New to the forum. I hope this post is ok and in the right area. I'm looking for good effective pistol training. I believe I have a few bad habits need fixed by someone who knows. Any suggestions would be highly apepreciated. I live in Waltham and am a member of Woburn Sportmans Association but would definitely go elsewhere for
I’m on the south shore but would defiantly help you, I’ve corrected that problem in shooters tons of time…But yeah like it’s been said above as long as you have your grip correct you can probably fix your issues with a couple of packages of snap caps.

I've got the dreaded down and left. It drives me crazy. I need to know if it's my trigger pull.
Yes its your trigger press
there, now you know

Personal one on one, or the smallest group training you can afford, will identify exactly what you are doing wrong. Grip is easy to talk about but hard to get right. Its not just where to put your hands on the pistol, but more importantly how much pressure to put where and with each hand. Finger placement on the trigger is crucial. The trigger needs to be pressed straight to the rear.
If you start off shooting well at the beginning of a session, but later on get sloppy, your fundamentals are probably pretty good, but maybe you are getting fatigued or careless. Try shooting only about 5 rounds a time. Work on dry fire in-between live fire strings at the range.

in the mean time
Todd Jarret has one of the best videos about grip
Rob Latham has many videos about grip and trigger press
I was going to link some vids, but I dont have time right now

Based on your comments you’re getting lazy with your trigger pull. You need to be deliberately slow and steady with it or else you’ll start drifting down and left.
Take your time once you notice you’re slipping, put the gun back on the bench and breathe a bit. Then require your target and slowly pull the trigger waiting for it to “surprise” you once the hammer drops/striker hits. Do that a few times after getting consistent accurate hits, then work on speeding up.

Back
Top Bottom