Pistol "red dot"

wasralex22

NES Member
I have a M&P 9mm I've seen several pictures of guys having a small red dot on top of their pistols.

I was wondering what is normally used? And, how is it mounted?

IMG_20140329_201058122_zpsc1c24c5a.jpg
[/URL]

mill the slide. Drill and tap.
I have a trijicon RMR

there are many options for mini red dot sights now. Leopold, doctor, burris, vortex, cmore

Last edited:
another option is trying to get your hands on a M&P C.O.R.E. (combat optics ready edition or something like that) or a core slide.

here in MA slide will be your best bet if you can find one... otherwise milling the slide is your only option

FYI I am selling a core slide 4.25 " in LNIB condition. Its in classifieds.

SOLD

Last edited:
The RMR on a riser setup for an AR optic is really appealing to me.
I've seen many photos, but never ran into someone with that setup.

Does anyone else have one of these on their M&P 9? Any idea what a smith would charge to mount if you have to mill the slide?

Does anyone else have one of these on their M&P 9? Any idea what a smith would charge to mount if you have to mill the slide?

I do, did it myself. The slide is a rather hard type of stainless steel. Have to go pretty slow on the milling operation. Figure 2-3 hours at whatever they charge for work.

Thanks. After I posted I took a look and I don't think there is enough room on the slide between the factory rear sight for it to fit in my Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster. So I think I will end up with night sights.

Back
Top Bottom