• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistol Rack

Night_solstice

NES Member
As I've recently expanded some of my pistol collection, I'm looking for a better way to store them within my safe. I've seen a number of people who have pistol racks within their safe, and when I asked about them, they told me they've made them. As I'm not that construction inclined, I'm looking to purchase one.

I've seen a few online, but as I like to spend my money locally when I can, has anyone come across a pistol rack in any of the local gun shops? I did find one setup that looks like netting that hung on the safe door, but what I'm looking for is something similar to:

6-Gun-Small.jpg

Thanks for any help!

ChinaMart used to carry a "dish rack" that works very well for handguns and is cheap as dirt (it is ChinaMart after all). Problem is that I haven't seen one in the flesh in >1 year and I look in every ChinaMart I find myself in.

Here's the specifics from the "wrapper" on them.

MainStays Lid & Plate Rack
5.625"W x 4"H x 13.25"D
Item # 22351
SKU 033789223513
Cost was ~$4.00 last time I found them in a store.

You can ask a manager about ordering them. I did this once and came back a few weeks later to scoop up what I could find.

They are plastic-coated wire racks and hold 8 handguns.

I have the one in the picture and it is nice. I also have the rack that hangs on the inside of your safe. I use both but would start with the hanging rack b/c it holds a lot more and does not take up any room in the interior of the safe. You do have to be careful where you position the pistols as in some spots they will interfere with shelving when you try to shut the door. But no big deal, as you can generally position them to allow the door to close. I don't like the bag racks personally -- they look sloppy to me.

I don't have this problem with hand guns but know a guy with more than a few and he has attached holsters to the inside of the door of his safes to hold them and it works quite well

ChinaMart used to carry a "dish rack" that works very well for handguns and is cheap as dirt (it is ChinaMart after all). Problem is that I haven't seen one in the flesh in >1 year and I look in every ChinaMart I find myself in.

Here's the specifics from the "wrapper" on them.

MainStays Lid & Plate Rack
5.625"W x 4"H x 13.25"D
Item # 22351
SKU 033789223513
Cost was ~$4.00 last time I found them in a store.

You can ask a manager about ordering them. I did this once and came back a few weeks later to scoop up what I could find.

They are plastic-coated wire racks and hold 8 handguns.

+1. Works just fine. This one isn't mine but I have a similar set up. Works great from my Snub nose to my S&W Governor...

PR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom