Pistol & Pistol Caliber Carbine Combos - Which one - Manual or Auto?

Speed loaders will NEVER be faster than drop/slap, and loading a lever action speaks for itself. Yes, there are reasons both are still around, and reliability is high on the list.

Fixed that for you.

im with the Auto crowd , a Beretta and a Kel-tec sub 2000 would do the trick. no need to spend on a beretta carbine.

aah, but which is more readily available, and cheaper, and faster to reaquire a sight picture? I'd have to go 9mm here, imo

And which one will put Bambi on your table? You going to go hunt whitetails with a 9mm? You know that caliber only works for bear, right?

M
To accurately answer the OP however, and taking into the account that "Hi-Cap" is essentially a fantasy he is MA,

Not sure if serious. [thinking] Beretta 92 mags are the EASIEST prebans to get in MA. [rofl] There is no "fantasy" about it, either. I have normal mags for every Glock I own. I realize you get burned out when you see some shop trying to pass off a Glock U notch for $60, but nobody with a brain pays that.

Speed loaders will NEVER be faster than drop/slap,

Tell that to Jerry Miculek. [rofl]

and loading a lever action speaks for itself. Yes, there are reasons both are still around, and nostalgia is high on the list.

Lever actions also fire calibers that will never work in in an Autoloader (or at best, don't work very well) For example, you can get a .44 Magnum lever action. Something like a .357 or a .44 mag can be immensely more powerful/versatile. There are still plenty of "modern" reasons to own a lever action or a revolver.

-Mike

Glock 17 and the Hi-point 995ts

I just suggest that because its what I just got myself.

I like the 995ts, but it doesn't share mags with the Glock, which is why I suggested the Keltec. It's really cool when you can not only share the ammo, but the mags as well.[wink]

I like the 995ts, but it doesn't share mags with the Glock, which is why I suggested the Keltec. It's really cool when you can not only share the ammo, but the mags as well.[wink]

That's the truth, I did not even consider that when I posted myself. I just posted the only combination of rifle/carbine and pistol that used the same ammo that I own.

That's the truth, I did not even consider that when I posted myself. I just posted the only combination of rifle/carbine and pistol that used the same ammo that I own.

That's funny because I actually had a 99ts on layaway while on the mandatory hold (because I was buying over the line in CT). I was wanting it for that very reason because my primary carry is 9mm, and having less calibers to stock is always a good thing. I stumbled on the Keltec during that time, and decided that the ability to use high cap pre-bans was a huge plus, and the fact that it used mags for Glock, Beretta, or S&W handguns (depending on which version) was very appealing. I ended up with the Beretta 92 version because that's all that was available at the time, but is fine because pre-ban high caps are easy to find, and now I have an excuse to buy another handgun to share the mags with it.[smile] If the timing had been better at that last group buy, I would have picked up the 995ts also, though, because it was a great price.

Back
Top Bottom