Pistol Grip my Rem870P?

MaverickNH

NES Member
I’ve got a Remington 870 Police that was given a “tactical upgrade” maybe 20yr ago by Vang Comp Systems, with back-bore and porting, a synthetic stock with fore end light, extended tube, ghost-ring sights, large safety button, etc. It puts 00 buck in a nice tight pattern at 25yd. I’ve been thinking to switch to a pistol-grip stock and red dot.

So far, the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock looks nice Urbino® Pistol Grip Stock For Rem 870/1100/11-87 (Riser, Limbsaver, 12-GA, Black) and maybe a Holosun Red Dot - I have a HS503G i could put on a base.

Alternatives? A folding stock might be nicer but I really like the riser on the Mesa Tactical.

For what it is worth, I have had both pistol grips and straight on my Vang 870 and Benelli M4. Definitely prefer straight esp if like many of us you have older wrists
SPG

i hate PG's on a pump shotgun. the recoil is too heavy to go into the wrist. on an autoloader it's tolerable. it also increases the footprint of the shotgun and detracts from the handiness. personally i would go with the magpul SGA.

I used to have one of the Mesa adapters on my 870, with an A2 grip and M4 stock.

I put the regular stock back on a few months later. It just didn’t work for me. Looked cool, though!

I would suggest you try before you buy, if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom