Pistol found in backpack at daycare

it was a mistake and nobody got hurt. Adults did what adults were supposed to do in that circumstance. Nobody died.

The anti's use the "what of someone died" rhetoric to impose more gun restrictions.
Not a game I like to play.

Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.

I know...."it's for the children". The sam line the democrats use when they want more infringements.
Ahh yes, calling me an anti... that’s funny just because I disagree with you, you sound just like a liberal, are u going to call me a racist too lol. Never said he should be drawn and quartered... either, but hey details right lol, ya that guy in philly should be on death row no doubt tho, but we are not taking about him, we are talking about a guy in Peabody.

it was a mistake and nobody got hurt. Adults did what adults were supposed to do in that circumstance. Nobody died.
Did they? (legit question)

Did they really have to broadcast it to the world?
Did they really (legally) have to notify DYF?
Could they have secured it, called the father in, returned it and expelled the kid without involving the gov't? [Assuming that the father was known to them and not a jerk.]

I'm not sure of the answers to the above.

Sometimes handling something low key is the best solution. HOWEVER, if every staff member was notified of what was found and a big deal made, it's already out of control and the police have to be notified to CYA because you just know that one of them will blab to the media or other outsiders.

Could they have secured it, called the father in, returned it and expelled the kid without involving the gov't? [Assuming that the father was known to them and not a jerk.]

This might have been the best solution. But it's a business. And a business owner who comes across a loaded gun in a preschool... I'd be very, very surprised if, in this day and age, at any licensed, corporate daycare center, they DON'T call the cops.

Right or wrong, that's the world we live in.

Corporate daycare is clean, secure, reliable, dependable, cost-effective, and generally a good deal for working parents. The downside is rules, regs, and policies. This father should have known what he was dealing with going into it. But, given his lack of attention to detail in certain other areas of his life, I'm not too surprised if he didn't.

The anti's use the "what of someone died" rhetoric to impose more gun restrictions.
Not a game I like to play.

Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.

I know...."it's for the children". The sam line the democrats use when they want more infringements.

"drawn and quartered".
Major exaggeration.
Not what anyone here is saying.

Sometimes handling something low key is the best solution. HOWEVER, if every staff member was notified of what was found and a big deal made, it's already out of control and the police have to be notified to CYA because you just know that one of them will blab to the media or other outsiders.

you're absolutely right. they went overboard. why not just call the guy and have him come back and take care of it discreetly.

Did he have to leave the gun in the kids bag?
Was it truly, the only possible place he could have put it down, or tucked it away.?
He didnt think, hes an idiot. It's that simple.
If he didnt make a dumb decision, we wouldnt be here talking about it.
He suppose to be a responsible adult, he should know better. But everyone here is blaming everyone else around him, taking all the responsibility away from the idiot himself.
Sounds very leftish.

you're absolutely right. they went overboard. why not just call the guy and have him come back and take care of it discreetly.

Because I doubt they could.

I don't know why I'm even bothering anymore. It's very clear that a number of posters here have no clue at all how modern corporate daycares operate.

It's annoying when people make comments and recommendations about topics they know absolutely nothing about. It's almost like when antis talk about gun policy.

In an effort to try to move toward the center.

Was the guy an idiot? Yes.
Would I trust him with my guns or my kids? No.
Would I trust him to give life saving medicine to my mother in law? Yes

Is it a crime to be an idiot? No. In fact it seems to be rewarded now.

I want this to happen more.

Just like gays and purple hair and mixed race couples, no one gives any of this a second look. If guns are seen more, good or bad, it becomes less scary.

Yes, IDGAF if some get hurt. People get hurt all the time. BFD.

I don’t think anyone said he should do jail time, or lose his kid or his wife.... but hey details right ?

You're right. Details matter.

From the article linked in the OP:

"He could face charges once the investigation is complete. "

So let's say the man DOES get charged.

Safe storage violation? Two years. (only if convicted of course)

If he doesn't have $20K - $30K to defend himself he's going to jail. Probably will either way.

If he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover his mortgage while he's locked up he's losing his house.

My employer would laugh if I asked for a 2 year sabbatical in order to go to jail. Yours might be more tolerant.

My wife already made it QUITE clear that if I take up a life of crime I'd be damned good at it because if I go to jail, she's leaving me. Yours might be more tolerant.

If my wife were to leave me (and the kids were still minors) she'd take them with her. Yours might be more tolerant.

When the man is released from jail, he's lost his job, his house, his wife and his kids.

Oh yeah, try to job search with a "record". The CORI will come back with a gun law related conviction. You'll be pumping gas the rest of your life.

Oh yeah. Prohibited person, too. No more guns for you.

Hey, details. Right?

You're right. Details matter.

From the article linked in the OP:

"He could face charges once the investigation is complete. "

So let's say the man DOES get charged.

Safe storage violation? Two years. (only if convicted of course)

If he doesn't have $20K - $30K to defend himself he's going to jail. Probably will either way.

If he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover his mortgage while he's locked up he's losing his house.

My employer would laugh if I asked for a 2 year sabbatical in order to go to jail. Yours might be more tolerant.

My wife already made it QUITE clear that if I take up a life of crime I'd be damned good at it because if I go to jail, she's leaving me. Yours might be more tolerant.

If my wife were to leave me (and the kids were still minors) she'd take them with her. Yours might be more tolerant.

When the man is released from jail, he's lost his job, his house, his wife and his kids.

Oh yeah, try to job search with a "record". The CORI will come back with a gun law related conviction. You'll be pumping gas the rest of your life.

Oh yeah. Prohibited person, too. No more guns for you.

Hey, details. Right?

Well maybe if he used good judgement he wouldn't have these problems..

Well maybe if he used good judgement he wouldn't have these problems..

upload_2019-8-16_21-55-12.png

Are the three of you the same person or something?

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. You three (or however many) seem cheered up by somebody potentially/probably losing everything over one, unarguably stupid mistake. Are your lives really so dreary that you have to stoop to that? Or have you honestly never made a mistake?

upload_2019-8-16_22-0-38.jpeg

View attachment 297864

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. You three (or however many) seem cheered up by somebody potentially/probably losing everything over one, unarguably stupid mistake. Are your lives really so dreary that you have to stoop to that? Or have you honestly never made a mistake?

View attachment 297865

Yeah, were clones... ;) Have you ever seen Multiplicity, starring Michael Keaton? I am Number Two.

As for the punishment Smithers should receive, I don't think he should lose his job, house, kids, etc., and I highly doubt this will happen, but I do believe he deserves a level of punishment appropriate for the lack of responsibility he has demonstrated and the danger he placed others in.

In Massachusetts you know as well as everyone, when you lose a firearm, especially in the manner and circumstances he did, you can expect you will have your LTC yanked for obvious reasons. This should not come as a surprise to anyone. Does he deserve this response? You and others will say, "No" while I and others will say, "Yes". Unfortunately I don't believe our judicial system offers any other punishment than what has been meted out to others who have committed the same action.

And no. In my 54 years of age, thirty of which I have held an LTC, I have never made the stupid, careless, irresponsible mistake of losing a firearm, ever. And trying to compare making that mistake to someone losing their wallet, keys, cellphone, etc. is foolish.

P.S. and no, I have never lost my wallet, keys or cellphone either

Last edited:
View attachment 297864

View attachment 297865
I have made plenty of mistakes. But none of my mistakes could have killed someone (a child to be exact) like that guy in Peabody, why are people still comparing losing your keys or spilling something to losing a gun ? There is a level of responsibility that comes with owning guns, and this guy in Peabody clearly can handle it. I have never lost a gun, I know where all my guns are at all times, maybe some of you have lost guns and that’s why you are defending him so much ? I don’t know....

Have you ever spaced out while driving and gotten to your destination and realized you don’t remember every detail? Was that light red? Missed you exit because your mind was on something else? Oh My God... you could have killed someone because you weren’t paying attention. Turn in your car and your license and never drive again.

I am number two.

On that we can agree.

In Massachusetts, you know as well as everyone, when you lose a firearm, especially in the manner and circumstances he did, you can expect you will have your LTC yanked for obvious reasons.

As good as example as any, explaining why YOU are part of the problem.

You are by your words a traitor to your country.

You just might be dumb enough to really believe that.

But somewhere, somewhen, you've made dumb mistakes that coulda killed somebody but didn't.
That is untrue, do you think that if someone gets arrested for a dui, even tho they did not hurt anyone, should they just walk ? Just based on breaking the law, leave out rights vs privileges.. And have u ever lost a gun ??

Did he have to leave the gun in the kids bag?
Was it truly, the only possible place he could have put it down, or tucked it away.?
He didnt think, hes an idiot. It's that simple.
If he didnt make a dumb decision, we wouldnt be here talking about it.
He suppose to be a responsible adult, he should know better. But everyone here is blaming everyone else around him, taking all the responsibility away from the idiot himself.
Sounds very leftish.

The idea of taking responsibility for your actions scares the shit out of some people.

Please. You don't know the meaning of the word.

If you are incapable of being a responsible person and can't keep track of your firearms, then you have no business owning a firearm as far as I am concerned.

Fortunately for roughly 100% of the gun owners in America, that's not your call.

You don't even comprehend what I was saying, it would appear.

Fortunately for roughly 100% of the gun owners in America, that's not your call.

You don't even comprehend what I was saying, it would appear.

I fully comprehend what you were saying and I understand your view(s) on the Constitution of the United States of America, specifically the 2nd Amendment. And despite what you want to believe I fully agree with the 2nd Amendment as well. Of course you'll likely be unable to restrain yourself and offer a retort that I don't, blah, blah, blah...

IMO I think where you and I differ is that I believe local, state and federal laws have to be adhered to in addition to the 2nd Amendment and you believe that the 2nd Amendment takes precedence and trumps all laws of the local, state and federal government.

Does that make me a traitor? I hardly think so...

Last edited:
I fully comprehend what you were saying and I understand your view(s) on the Constitution of the United States of America, specifically the 2nd Amendment. And despite what you want to believe I fully agree with the 2nd Amendment as well. Of course you'll likely be unable to restrain yourself and offer a retort that I don't, blah, blah, blah...

IMO I think where you and I differ is that I believe local, state and federal laws have to be adhered to in addition to the 2nd Amendment and you believe that the 2nd Amendment takes precedence and trumps all laws of the local, state and federal government.

Does that make me a traitor? I hardly think so...

... "levying War against [the United States], or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." ...

It is quite clear that the gun control crowd is working to subvert the Constitution wrt 2A. That makes them enemies of the state. By supporting their cause (which you ARE) you are committing Treason.

Perhaps I'm overstating a bit for effect but in essence, you are a traitor.

Back
Top Bottom