Pistol found in backpack at daycare

Yes. People are ridiculous thinking somehow across a lifetime people don't make mistakes.

I don't think he means people shouldn't make mistakes, just some are understandable and some are just stupid. We've all made stupid mistakes, many times you get lucky and nothing bad happens.

I put my kids' lunchbags in the wrong bag all the time, maybe he was in a rush and put it in his kid's bag instead of his own. Another reason not to do off body carry.

In MA you better have it on you, or locked in a safe or pistol box. If not, you do so at the risk of losing your LTC (and more in this case). That said, he should not be charged or lose his LTC or his kid, but may lose both...

To make everyone happy, I'll say that it was 1/2 of a mistake. Jack.

The wisdom of Solomon. Was that your idea or Meagan’s?

Private company (daycare) can kick a family out for any reason that doesn't violate the "protected classes".

In MA you have no "rights" only privileges alloted by the gov't.

Knowing how DCF operates, it is unlikely that he'll have any children to worry about in the near future, so no he won't let it happen again.

In the real USA I also agree that he'd likely never do such a stupid thing again.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Bob

There are two errors here. Storing the gun in the wrong place? No biggie, really. Nobody got shot, and sure, in a free state it’s not the end of the world. It’s stupid and foolish, but forgivable.

But the more serious error, I think, is leaving the gun unattended at a daycare. Where employees will be digging around in it all day looking for spare diapers. Where other kids there can get their grubby little paws in there and do what kids do: investigate. Test. Play with. Anyone here who’s ever experienced how a daycare operates can think of a hundred ways for that gun to be misused.

Sure, “nothing happened.” But that second error represents serious irresponsibility. They found the gun at ten am. Most daycares are open til six. If the employee doesn’t find it, that might be eight more hours of risk for other peoples’ kids.

There are two errors here. Storing the gun in the wrong place? No biggie, really. Nobody got shot, and sure, in a free state it’s not the end of the world. It’s stupid and foolish, but forgivable.

But the more serious error, I think, is leaving the gun unattended at a daycare. Where employees will be digging around in it all day looking for spare diapers. Where other kids there can get their grubby little paws in there and do what kids do: investigate. Test. Play with. Anyone here who’s ever experienced how a daycare operates can think of a hundred ways for that gun to be misused.

Sure, “nothing happened.” But that second error represents serious irresponsibility. They found the gun at ten am. Most daycares are open til six. If the employee doesn’t find it, that might be eight more hours of risk for other peoples’ kids.

I think if the cops have never say, left a machine gun on top of their cruiser and drove off, they have the right to charge him with a crime.

People like you are unbelievable.

I’ve seen Air Force troops use less care when handling 2,000 pound bombs with laser fuses than the unnecessary hoops some people go through when it comes to gun safety. It’s a handgun, not a nuke; two person integrity and double locks aren’t really needed. In the majority of America this mistake is met with “ooops”.

People who attack fellow legal gun owners are just as harmful to our cause as boneheads who make mistakes.

How about instead of joining the chorus of “derp derp children derp guns bad” we just treat this with the reaction it deserves, a shrug and “so what?”

Let me guess...the guy that left his twin babys to die in a hot car....just made a mistake, too?

This is not a comparable event. No one was harmed here. You're comparing two children dying to a liberal pussy finding a gun in a bag and feeling the government needs to be involved

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. But to think he should have his kid kicked out and get his rights revoked is insane overreach. Does anyone think he'll let it happen again?

But hey ITS FOR THE CHILDREN RIGHT??

The kid getting kicked out, I have no problem with, if it's a private facility they can run it however they want. Because the kopsch got called the facility backed themselves into a corner there, banning the kid/parent is all they can do because it went full retard and other moonbat customers heard it.

Let me guess...the guy that left his twin babys to die in a hot car....just made a mistake, too?

Not quite equivalent. Nobody got hurt. Or even came close to it.

Dumb ass, he desrves everything he's going to get get....

Nobody deserves that bs from the state, etc. Kick them out, fine, but the world of shit dcfyslmnopq stuff is a bit much. This guy is an idiot but the response is worse than the crime...

-Mike

Are his kids dead? Nope. It was a mistake. Will end up much less costly than the mistake the NY father that left his kids to die in a hot car made.

Not to make excuses, buy when you are running 100 mph in the morning trying to get bags packed food/formula made up kids dressed and ready to get off to daycare and get your ass off to work on time, some mistakes happen. This is a pretty big one, but a mistake in which nobody was harmed

The wisdom of Solomon. Was that your idea or Meagan’s?

Pretty much sums it all up.

Bob
Well, after 28 years Megan has learned our language. If I tell her that company is coming, she'll watch the driveway till they arrive. When I'm on the computer she sits on my shoulder and tries to read the screen. I may have to make her the first NES member with feathers. Jack.

Yeah, but this is a couple notches below leaving a kid in a hot car kind of mistake. Like even the people who accidentally bring guns tbrough tsa checkpoints, I get that mistake, it's pretty plausible, but the idea of storing a gun in a bag used by your infant kid at daycare is bonkers... even then, i still don't think he should be prosecuted. (or lose rights) This is the type of thing that at least with most normal people they would never ever forget it and probably never make that mistake again....

I don’t know, wasn’t there a cop up that way who had his loaded pistol “fall out of his safe without anyone noticing” and into the recycling or trash, where it was found by the recycling/trash guy? I don’t think anything happened to him.

I’ve seen Air Force troops use less care when handling 2,000 pound bombs with laser fuses than the unnecessary hoops some people go through when it comes to gun safety. It’s a handgun, not a nuke; two person integrity and double locks aren’t really needed. In the majority of America this mistake is met with “ooops”.

People who attack fellow legal gun owners are just as harmful to our cause as boneheads who make mistakes.

How about instead of joining the chorus of “derp derp children derp guns bad” we just treat this with the reaction it deserves, a shrug and “so what?”

Reminds me of my brother who had a gun stolen in TX. Cops didn't care, and he forgot about it. In Mass you'd be lucky to keep your 2A rights.

I think if the cops have never say, left a machine gun on top of their cruiser and drove off, they have the right to charge him with a crime.

A little tired of the false comparisons, just because one person or group does something wrong it does not make it ok for another group or person to do something wrong. Saying it is is infantile logic.

I have a hard time understanding how one negligently places a firearm in a child’s backpack. Completely different bags than regular backpacks. How the Hell does one mix up bags and not notice when packing the child’s other belongings into the bag.

Back
Top Bottom