Pistol found in backpack at daycare

Actually I did.

While I don’t advocate doing it, mistakes happen. I refuse to give more ammo to the antis by eating our own. It’s a gun, so what? What if it were edible pot? Kitchen knife that slipped and fell into the bag?

BFD.

Maybe I’m spoiled by the fact that I taught my kids well. I would purposely leave an empty BB gun in the bathroom or dining room table and wait. My kids would leave it alone and come tell me. They also know they can see them anytime they want, as long as they ask me, I’ll always open the safe and we’ll dry fire. They also know the repercussions if they touch a gun in the house without me.

That's not excusing his mistake, it's just putting it in perspective, and I agree.

images

wlmzrf27d24z.jpg

Lol ok keyboard commando, I would like to see you teach a 2 year old how to handle a pistol and render is safe... lol you are so full of shit it’s not even funny

As soon as a child is capable of picking an object up, if you are not teaching them proper handling as well as how to render a handgun safe, you are failing as a parent.

In my home we teach'em as soon as they are capable of grasping a pacifier. ;)

As soon as a child is capable of picking an object up, if you are not teaching them proper handling as well as how to render a handgun safe, you are failing as a parent.

In my home we teach'em as soon as they are capable of grasping a pacifier. ;)

Mrs. Pipes literally did not know I owned any guns for the first 10 years of our marriage. She'd simply never gone into that back room. She almost had a coronary one day when she was looking for her sewing kit. We've had entire cars that she has never laid eyes on.

It actually makes it easier to buy new ones (guns, cars, whatever). Oh that old thing?

Mrs. Pipes literally did not know I owned any guns for the first 10 years of our marriage. She'd simply never gone into that back room. She almost had a coronary one day when she was looking for her sewing kit. We've had entire cars that she has never laid eyes on.

It actually makes it easier to buy new ones (guns, cars, whatever). Oh that old thing?

Especially if they're all the same color. Guitars work the same way, I've found.

For all I know, she's doing the same thing to me with handbags or whatever.

Especially if they're all the same color. Guitars work the same way, I've found.

For all I know, she's doing the same thing to me with handbags or whatever.

The Mrs only found the Cherokee because she was hiding some china she'd bought out in the garage.

She's doing the same thing. Handbags. Shoes. Jewelry.

No one does on purpose. You are again insinuating that this guy in the OP for some reason put a gun in a backpack and said "yeah, my toddler is gonna be packin' heat today!"

This is my main problem with your position on this matter. You seem to have some feeling that vengence needs to be doled out by government on this guy. You think everyone knowing he got his kid banned from daycare is not punishment enough on it's own?

The willingness to have the state wield abusive powers to punish a guy for a clear mistake, that to point out yet again harmed no one, is simply unbelievable. Why on earth would you want government to hold any power I this situation? How can you now step back and see that exact power can very easily be abused against you for other mistakes other people may not like you personally for?
If he’s that stupid to do it once, he probably will make another stupid mistake again, maybe not leaving or even putting a pistol in a kids back pack, but maybe leaving a pistol out and ready to go, in his house with little kids running around, just an accident waiting to happen, someone has to be a special kind of stupid to make the mistake he made. He basically lost a pistol and had no idea, and it ending up in a place where there could have been a very bad ending, luckily nothing happened, you will never change my position on this.

If he’s that stupid to do it once, he probably will make another stupid mistake again, maybe not leaving or even putting a pistol in a kids back pack, but maybe leaving a pistol out and ready to go, in his house with little kids running around, just an accident waiting to happen, someone has to be a special kind of stupid to make the mistake he made. He basically lost a pistol and had no idea, and it ending up in a place where there could have been a very bad ending, luckily nothing happened, you will never change my position on this.

Yeah, the accountability piece is unthinkable to me.

But then, I did all my early shooting in the Army, where losing track of your firearm might be the single worst thing you can ever do (other than an ND). It's an attitude that's stuck with me, and I'm glad of it. Checking periodically to make sure my weapon is where it belongs is second nature to me.

I can't imagine the sinking feeling of driving away from the daycare and realizing my holster was empty. The reason I can't imagine it is because I'd have caught the empty holster a LOT sooner.

Handbags, shoes, clothes, make-up, pillows, figurines, etc. Sound familiar?

It would if I had a high-maintenance wife. She mostly just buys herself those quilted bags with the bright flowery patterns. The Vera Bradley bags.

I can't tell any of those apart.

Handbags, shoes, clothes, jewelry, pillows, figurines, etc. Sound familiar?

The wife and I made a deal when we were dating. She buys shoes, not expensive shoes but she buys a ton of them. Twelve pair, I’m headed to the gun store. We compared shotguns to black shoes and understood that there were differences we couldn’t see.
No fuss, no BS, no permissions and fair for all.

Wow. It must be a huge burden to be the only perfect person that will ever exist.

so you've never been in any type of accident and you have never spilled your milk or dropped a drink ....you never lost anything and never broke anything unintentionally, never accidentally cut yourself or made a grammatical or spelling error?

No car accidents ever, you must have a really low rate insurance bill for your auto.

Not one absent minded day ever?

They say people like that exist. I never thought I would have the opportunity to kind of know one...

But you are right. he will do it again. because nobody ever learned from a mistake.... [hmmm]

Anyway, I hope that if anything similar ever happens to you (I'm sure it will not) but if it does that those sitting in judgement are a bit more forgiving of you.

Wow. It must be a huge burden to be the only perfect person that will ever exist.

so you've never been in any type of accident and you have never spilled your milk or dropped a drink ....you never lost anything and never broke anything unintentionally, never accidentally cut yourself or made a grammatical or spelling error?

No car accidents ever, you must have a really low rate insurance bill for your auto.

They say people like that exist. I never thought I would have the opportunity to kind of know one...

But you are right. he will do it again. because nobody ever learned from a mistake.... [hmmm]

Anyway, I hope that if anything similar ever happens to you (I'm sure it will not) but if it does that those sitting in judgement are a bit more forgiving of you.

IMO comparing someone who misplaces their handgun to someone spilling their drink is ridiculous. Especially if it involves spilling a glass of Macallan whiskey.

IMO if someone cannot appreciate there is a certain level of maturity and responsibility required of them when it comes to handling their glass, then perhaps drinking such a fine whiskey is not for them. ;)

IMO comparing someone who misplaces their handgun to someone spilling their drink is ridiculous. Especially if it involves spilling a glass of Macallan whiskey.

IMO if someone cannot appreciate there is a certain level of maturity and responsibility required of them when it comes to handling their glass, then perhaps drinking such a fine whiskey is not for them. ;)

Whiskey is a totally different thing altogether. Now that we have that out of the way...lol

I'm not sticking up for the guy. He made a stupid mistake for sure. No doubt. But I think the potential punishment is way beyond the offense. He is guilty of a brain fart, not a criminal offense.

For this he will most likely lose his LTC and guns. Be prohibited from ever owning any again. Might face fines and jail time. Might lose his kids.....

All because he forgot that he put his gun in the wrong bag.

If someone was hurt or killed as a result I could see some charges. But that didn't happen. I think this is all motivated by the anti-crowd and they will use anything were a kid might be involved to use the agenda.

In fact with all these laws they will not have to overturn 2A. All they have to do is wait for all the rest go us to make a little mistake. And for those perfect people they have the red flag laws.

Anyway, enjoy your whiskey.

Last edited:
Whiskey is a totally different thing altogether. Now that we have that out of the way...lol

I'm not sticking up for the guy. He made a stupid mistake for sure. No doubt. But I think the potential punishment is way beyond the offense. He is guilty of a brain fart, not a criminal offense.

For this he will most likely lose his LTC and guns. Be prohibited from ever owning any again. Might face fines and jail time. Might lose his kids.....

All because he forgot that he put his gun in the wrong bag.

If someone was hurt or killed as a result I could see some charges. But that didn't happen. I think this is all motivated by the anti-crowd and they will use anything were a kid might be involved to use the agenda.

In fact with all these laws they will not have to overturn 2A. All they have to do is wait for all the rest go us to make a little mistake. And for those perfect people they have the red flag laws.

Anyway, enjoy our whiskey.

There is no doubt the level of punishment is being driven by persons against 2a and I agree the punishment should be commensurate with the crime, but between you and I, if someone was hurt or worse killed, especially if it were *my* child, then I expect something a Helluva lot worse than charges. In fact, I would demand a life time prison sentence to keep him safe.

I hope everyone here is aware of the lawful penalties of negligent "nearly" manslaughter?

You know, where someone does something really stupid that COULD end badly, but nothing whatsoever other than some triggered feelings actually get hurt?

That's right. Go to jail, lose your kid, your wife, your house, your job and the right to defend yourself when you're eventually cast out of the asylum.

Ya I have lost things, I have spilled my milk or a drink, I have broken things, I have a couple minor accidents, i spell things wrong all the time. But you know what no one died or could have died from any of those things.... are we really comparing spilling a drink to losing a pistol and having it be in a daycare ??? Lol wow that’s absurd, and I can’t believe you would actually try to compare the two.... sad

Ya I have lost things, I have spilled my milk or a drink, I have broken things, I have a couple minor accidents, i spell things wrong all the time. But you know what no one died or could have died from any of those things.... are we really comparing spilling a drink to losing a pistol and having it be in a daycare ??? Lol wow that’s absurd, and I can’t believe you would actually try to compare the two.... sad

I'm guessing you have never tried a glass of Macallan 12yo Triple Cask Scotch Whiskey? ;)

You spill that on the floor and there's going to be some words bordering on shootin' !

I hope everyone here is aware of the lawful penalties of negligent "nearly" manslaughter?

You know, where someone does something really stupid that COULD end badly, but nothing whatsoever other than some triggered feelings actually get hurt?

That's right. Go to jail, lose your kid, your wife, your house, your job and the right to defend yourself when you're eventually cast out of the asylum.
I don’t think anyone said he should do jail time, or lose his kid or his wife.... but hey details right ?

Would you drink milk from the barrel of your pistol with a round loaded in the chamber?
Send a video of you doing this, and we'll be done here.

Would you drink milk from the barrel of your pistol with a round loaded in the chamber?
Send a video of you doing this, and we'll be done here.

Pfft! Let's make really it interesting and add "with a finger on the trigger and the safety off" ;) That would be something you would likely see at the circus!

it was a mistake and nobody got hurt. Adults did what adults were supposed to do in that circumstance. Nobody died.

The anti's use the "what of someone died" rhetoric to impose more gun restrictions.
Not a game I like to play.

Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.

I know...."it's for the children". The sam line the democrats use when they want more infringements.

Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.

with lots of butter please!

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.

Likely it's because he was exercising his rights and it was six cops with non life-threatening injuries, which as we know everyone on NES hates cops. Besides, no one died.

Seriously though, I am surprised as well the thread has not had any posts to speak of. Strange...

Back
Top Bottom