Pistol found in backpack at daycare

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whiskey is a totally different thing altogether. Now that we have that out of the way...lol

I'm not sticking up for the guy. He made a stupid mistake for sure. No doubt. But I think the potential punishment is way beyond the offense. He is guilty of a brain fart, not a criminal offense.

For this he will most likely lose his LTC and guns. Be prohibited from ever owning any again. Might face fines and jail time. Might lose his kids.....

All because he forgot that he put his gun in the wrong bag.

If someone was hurt or killed as a result I could see some charges. But that didn't happen. I think this is all motivated by the anti-crowd and they will use anything were a kid might be involved to use the agenda.

In fact with all these laws they will not have to overturn 2A. All they have to do is wait for all the rest go us to make a little mistake. And for those perfect people they have the red flag laws.

Anyway, enjoy our whiskey.
There is no doubt the level of punishment is being driven by persons against 2a and I agree the punishment should be commensurate with the crime, but between you and I, if someone was hurt or worse killed, especially if it were *my* child, then I expect something a Helluva lot worse than charges. In fact, I would demand a life time prison sentence to keep him safe.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hope everyone here is aware of the lawful penalties of negligent "nearly" manslaughter?

You know, where someone does something really stupid that COULD end badly, but nothing whatsoever other than some triggered feelings actually get hurt?

That's right. Go to jail, lose your kid, your wife, your house, your job and the right to defend yourself when you're eventually cast out of the asylum.

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Wow. It must be a huge burden to be the only perfect person that will ever exist.

so you've never been in any type of accident and you have never spilled your milk or dropped a drink ....you never lost anything and never broke anything unintentionally, never accidentally cut yourself or made a grammatical or spelling error?

No car accidents ever, you must have a really low rate insurance bill for your auto.

Not one absent minded day ever?

They say people like that exist. I never thought I would have the opportunity to kind of know one...

But you are right. he will do it again. because nobody ever learned from a mistake.... [hmmm]

Anyway, I hope that if anything similar ever happens to you (I'm sure it will not) but if it does that those sitting in judgement are a bit more forgiving of you.
Ya I have lost things, I have spilled my milk or a drink, I have broken things, I have a couple minor accidents, i spell things wrong all the time. But you know what no one died or could have died from any of those things.... are we really comparing spilling a drink to losing a pistol and having it be in a daycare ??? Lol wow that’s absurd, and I can’t believe you would actually try to compare the two.... sad

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya I have lost things, I have spilled my milk or a drink, I have broken things, I have a couple minor accidents, i spell things wrong all the time. But you know what no one died or could have died from any of those things.... are we really comparing spilling a drink to losing a pistol and having it be in a daycare ??? Lol wow that’s absurd, and I can’t believe you would actually try to compare the two.... sad
I'm guessing you have never tried a glass of Macallan 12yo Triple Cask Scotch Whiskey? ;)

You spill that on the floor and there's going to be some words bordering on shootin' !

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
I hope everyone here is aware of the lawful penalties of negligent "nearly" manslaughter?

You know, where someone does something really stupid that COULD end badly, but nothing whatsoever other than some triggered feelings actually get hurt?

That's right. Go to jail, lose your kid, your wife, your house, your job and the right to defend yourself when you're eventually cast out of the asylum.
I don’t think anyone said he should do jail time, or lose his kid or his wife.... but hey details right ?

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Wow. It must be a huge burden to be the only perfect person that will ever exist.

so you've never been in any type of accident and you have never spilled your milk or dropped a drink ....you never lost anything and never broke anything unintentionally, never accidentally cut yourself or made a grammatical or spelling error?

No car accidents ever, you must have a really low rate insurance bill for your auto.

Not one absent minded day ever?

They say people like that exist. I never thought I would have the opportunity to kind of know one...

But you are right. he will do it again. because nobody ever learned from a mistake.... [hmmm]

Anyway, I hope that if anything similar ever happens to you (I'm sure it will not) but if it does that those sitting in judgement are a bit more forgiving of you.
Would you drink milk from the barrel of your pistol with a round loaded in the chamber?
Send a video of you doing this, and we'll be done here.

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would you drink milk from the barrel of your pistol with a round loaded in the chamber?
Send a video of you doing this, and we'll be done here.
Pfft! Let's make really it interesting and add "with a finger on the trigger and the safety off" ;) That would be something you would likely see at the circus!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

it was a mistake and nobody got hurt. Adults did what adults were supposed to do in that circumstance. Nobody died.

The anti's use the "what of someone died" rhetoric to impose more gun restrictions.
Not a game I like to play.

Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.

I know...."it's for the children". The sam line the democrats use when they want more infringements.

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since nobody got hurt it seems you and others who share your opinion want this guy drawn and quartered.
with lots of butter please!

Yet in Philly they have a felon who has been convicted previously of firearms violations and now he shot 6 cops. No ire towards him at all.
Likely it's because he was exercising his rights and it was six cops with non life-threatening injuries, which as we know everyone on NES hates cops. Besides, no one died.

Seriously though, I am surprised as well the thread has not had any posts to speak of. Strange...

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
it was a mistake and nobody got hurt. Adults did what adults were supposed to do in that circumstance. Nobody died.

The anti's use the "what of someone died" rhetoric to impose more gun restrictions.

I know...."it's for the children". The sam line the democrats use when they want more infringements.
Ahh yes, calling me an anti... that’s funny just because I disagree with you, you sound just like a liberal, are u going to call me a racist too lol. Never said he should be drawn and quartered... either, but hey details right lol, ya that guy in philly should be on death row no doubt tho, but we are not taking about him, we are talking about a guy in Peabody.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
Did they? (legit question)

Did they really have to broadcast it to the world?
Did they really (legally) have to notify DYF?
Could they have secured it, called the father in, returned it and expelled the kid without involving the gov't? [Assuming that the father was known to them and not a jerk.]

I'm not sure of the answers to the above.

Sometimes handling something low key is the best solution. HOWEVER, if every staff member was notified of what was found and a big deal made, it's already out of control and the police have to be notified to CYA because you just know that one of them will blab to the media or other outsiders.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Could they have secured it, called the father in, returned it and expelled the kid without involving the gov't? [Assuming that the father was known to them and not a jerk.]
This might have been the best solution. But it's a business. And a business owner who comes across a loaded gun in a preschool... I'd be very, very surprised if, in this day and age, at any licensed, corporate daycare center, they DON'T call the cops.

Right or wrong, that's the world we live in.

Corporate daycare is clean, secure, reliable, dependable, cost-effective, and generally a good deal for working parents. The downside is rules, regs, and policies. This father should have known what he was dealing with going into it. But, given his lack of attention to detail in certain other areas of his life, I'm not too surprised if he didn't.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

"drawn and quartered".
Major exaggeration.
Not what anyone here is saying.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Sometimes handling something low key is the best solution. HOWEVER, if every staff member was notified of what was found and a big deal made, it's already out of control and the police have to be notified to CYA because you just know that one of them will blab to the media or other outsiders.

you're absolutely right. they went overboard. why not just call the guy and have him come back and take care of it discreetly.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

Did he have to leave the gun in the kids bag?
Was it truly, the only possible place he could have put it down, or tucked it away.?
He didnt think, hes an idiot. It's that simple.
If he didnt make a dumb decision, we wouldnt be here talking about it.
He suppose to be a responsible adult, he should know better. But everyone here is blaming everyone else around him, taking all the responsibility away from the idiot himself.
Sounds very leftish.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
you're absolutely right. they went overboard. why not just call the guy and have him come back and take care of it discreetly.
Because I doubt they could.

I don't know why I'm even bothering anymore. It's very clear that a number of posters here have no clue at all how modern corporate daycares operate.

It's annoying when people make comments and recommendations about topics they know absolutely nothing about. It's almost like when antis talk about gun policy.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In an effort to try to move toward the center.

Was the guy an idiot? Yes.
Would I trust him with my guns or my kids? No.
Would I trust him to give life saving medicine to my mother in law? Yes

Is it a crime to be an idiot? No. In fact it seems to be rewarded now.

I want this to happen more.

Just like gays and purple hair and mixed race couples, no one gives any of this a second look. If guns are seen more, good or bad, it becomes less scary.

Yes, IDGAF if some get hurt. People get hurt all the time. BFD.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don’t think anyone said he should do jail time, or lose his kid or his wife.... but hey details right ?
You're right. Details matter.

From the article linked in the OP:

"He could face charges once the investigation is complete. "

So let's say the man DOES get charged.

Safe storage violation? Two years. (only if convicted of course)

If he doesn't have $20K - $30K to defend himself he's going to jail. Probably will either way.

If he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover his mortgage while he's locked up he's losing his house.

My employer would laugh if I asked for a 2 year sabbatical in order to go to jail. Yours might be more tolerant.

My wife already made it QUITE clear that if I take up a life of crime I'd be damned good at it because if I go to jail, she's leaving me. Yours might be more tolerant.

If my wife were to leave me (and the kids were still minors) she'd take them with her. Yours might be more tolerant.

When the man is released from jail, he's lost his job, his house, his wife and his kids.

Oh yeah, try to job search with a "record". The CORI will come back with a gun law related conviction. You'll be pumping gas the rest of your life.

Oh yeah. Prohibited person, too. No more guns for you.

Hey, details. Right?

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
You're right. Details matter.

From the article linked in the OP:

"He could face charges once the investigation is complete. "

So let's say the man DOES get charged.

Safe storage violation? Two years. (only if convicted of course)

If he doesn't have $20K - $30K to defend himself he's going to jail. Probably will either way.

If he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover his mortgage while he's locked up he's losing his house.

My employer would laugh if I asked for a 2 year sabbatical in order to go to jail. Yours might be more tolerant.

My wife already made it QUITE clear that if I take up a life of crime I'd be damned good at it because if I go to jail, she's leaving me. Yours might be more tolerant.

If my wife were to leave me (and the kids were still minors) she'd take them with her. Yours might be more tolerant.

When the man is released from jail, he's lost his job, his house, his wife and his kids.

Oh yeah, try to job search with a "record". The CORI will come back with a gun law related conviction. You'll be pumping gas the rest of your life.

Oh yeah. Prohibited person, too. No more guns for you.

Hey, details. Right?
Well maybe if he used good judgement he wouldn't have these problems..

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well maybe if he used good judgement he wouldn't have these problems..
upload_2019-8-16_21-55-12.png

Are the three of you the same person or something?

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. You three (or however many) seem cheered up by somebody potentially/probably losing everything over one, unarguably stupid mistake. Are your lives really so dreary that you have to stoop to that? Or have you honestly never made a mistake?

upload_2019-8-16_22-0-38.jpeg

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 297864

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. You three (or however many) seem cheered up by somebody potentially/probably losing everything over one, unarguably stupid mistake. Are your lives really so dreary that you have to stoop to that? Or have you honestly never made a mistake?

View attachment 297865
Yeah, were clones... ;) Have you ever seen Multiplicity, starring Michael Keaton? I am Number Two.

As for the punishment Smithers should receive, I don't think he should lose his job, house, kids, etc., and I highly doubt this will happen, but I do believe he deserves a level of punishment appropriate for the lack of responsibility he has demonstrated and the danger he placed others in.

In Massachusetts you know as well as everyone, when you lose a firearm, especially in the manner and circumstances he did, you can expect you will have your LTC yanked for obvious reasons. This should not come as a surprise to anyone. Does he deserve this response? You and others will say, "No" while I and others will say, "Yes". Unfortunately I don't believe our judicial system offers any other punishment than what has been meted out to others who have committed the same action.

And no. In my 54 years of age, thirty of which I have held an LTC, I have never made the stupid, careless, irresponsible mistake of losing a firearm, ever. And trying to compare making that mistake to someone losing their wallet, keys, cellphone, etc. is foolish.

P.S. and no, I have never lost my wallet, keys or cellphone either

Last edited:
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
View attachment 297864

View attachment 297865
I have made plenty of mistakes. But none of my mistakes could have killed someone (a child to be exact) like that guy in Peabody, why are people still comparing losing your keys or spilling something to losing a gun ? There is a level of responsibility that comes with owning guns, and this guy in Peabody clearly can handle it. I have never lost a gun, I know where all my guns are at all times, maybe some of you have lost guns and that’s why you are defending him so much ? I don’t know....

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Have you ever spaced out while driving and gotten to your destination and realized you don’t remember every detail? Was that light red? Missed you exit because your mind was on something else? Oh My God... you could have killed someone because you weren’t paying attention. Turn in your car and your license and never drive again.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have made plenty of mistakes. But none of my mistakes could have killed someone ...
BULL [rofl]

If you've attained the ripe old age of however old you are you have absolutely made many mistakes that COULD have been fatal to someone.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am number two.
On that we can agree.

In Massachusetts, you know as well as everyone, when you lose a firearm, especially in the manner and circumstances he did, you can expect you will have your LTC yanked for obvious reasons.
As good as example as any, explaining why YOU are part of the problem.

You are by your words a traitor to your country.

Top Bottom