Pistol for Alaska trip...

After all the feedback... I’m now thinking maybe the Ruger Super Redhawk... I’n not a bad shot with any of them, just find the Glock pleasant to shoot and much faster between shots. The other four I can shoot well just don’t enjoy it much and after a cylinder or Mag or two want to take a break... but no problem shooting 100-200 round from the G20 in one session. I do enjoy shooting the Redhawk with .45 LC loads but get tired pretty quick when shooting full power .454 Casull loads.

After all the feedback... I’m now thinking maybe the Ruger Super Redhawk... I’n not a bad shot with any of them, just find the Glock pleasant to shoot and much faster between shots. The other four I can shoot well just don’t enjoy it much and after a cylinder or Mag or two want to take a break... but no problem shooting 100-200 round from the G20 in one session. I do enjoy shooting the Redhawk with .45 LC loads but get tired pretty quick when shooting full power .454 Casull loads.
Only reason I said Glock was for capacity. A charging bear runs in a peculiar way, it is very difficult to hit as it wobbles. Extra rounds can help. But, you may be correct in your choice of .454.
Plus, of course, most likely you will not need to use it.

Only reason I said Glock was for capacity. A charging bear runs in a peculiar way, it is very difficult to hit as it wobbles. Extra rounds can help.
SkinnyIlliterateDaddylonglegs-max-1mb.gif

I figure a big can of bear spray on your weak side in a drop leg holster and a chest slung 930SPX with 7+1 slugs and a reliable simple dot optic.

Maybe the best solution is to go hiking in Iceland. Probably cheaper to get there from NE.

Or if you want a nice survival experience, go to Greenland. They have some nice remote trails that less than 100 people hike every year.

Take the kids to AK when they can carry their own guns. You will have 3 people with guns.

+1 for Iceland. There are no mosquitos there and the chicks are all 6' tall, blonde & hot.

Back
Top Bottom