Pistol Flashlight

I think the Surefire offerings are a little too rich for my blood, and the more I learn about the streamlight the less excited I am. The activation lever look like it could be awkward for a right handed shooter to operate with the thumb.

Getting a a lot more interested in the inforce apl. Simpler operation and way cheaper than Surefire.

I've got a Viridian X5L on my "bedside" gun, and I also keep a Streamlight Pro-Tac flashlight next to it.

Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department

I run a x300u on my G19 (but only as a bed side option). I carry a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA for daily use. Maybe I will conceal the x300u in the future, but it would be alot to carry in Apendix.

I've got a Viridian X5L on my "bedside" gun, and I also keep a Streamlight Pro-Tac flashlight next to it.

Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department

I keep a Fenix PD35 with my bedside guns too. Yes guns. Because dept. of redundancy dept. redundancy.

I think the Surefire offerings are a little too rich for my blood, and the more I learn about the streamlight the less excited I am. The activation lever look like it could be awkward for a right handed shooter to operate with the thumb.

Getting a a lot more interested in the inforce apl. Simpler operation and way cheaper than Surefire.

YMMV due to hand size grip and other considerations but I got a streamlight TLR-1 for my sig p226/p220 and have had no issues activating the light with my support hand thumb. Also haven't had any peices break, but I only shot about 250 rounds of .45 with it on, not a big sample size.

I do have the pistol bayonet above, bought one just because. It's decently sharp too.
Mods! Derek! Ban him! BAN HIM. Ban him.Release the kraken!Hurt him. Have him abducted by the Internet mafia. Have aliens probe him everywhere. Make him step on a Lego. Make him play in traffic. Make his wife Dutch-oven him to death. Make him listen to the kars 4 kids 24/7. Make him eat kale and turkey bacon. Just punish him hard already.

I have a tlr6 and love it. I actually got it because i wanted a laser but the tlr6 was on sale. Light is 100 lumans and probably bright enough to blind someone at night. I have fired about 200 rounds with attachment and no issues.

I have read about problems with battery doors but have not had this issue. Maybe those issues were human error. I known OP asked about tlr1 but figured I'd share my experience.

Worst part was having to spend $75 for a holster, but quality is good

I think I might actually be leaning toward the inforce apl gen3 - 400 lumens. I like the size and the method of operation. Does anyone have one? Would need a holster of course, is availability there like for the streamlight?

You can't go wrong with a surefire...not cheap but you get free parts for life.ive had a pair of there handheld flashlight for 8 years they have been worth every penny

You can't go wrong with a surefire...not cheap but you get free parts for life.ive had a pair of there handheld flashlight for 8 years they have been worth every penny

I've had a 6P since they were first available. It was, indeed, rather spendy but more-than-once worth every penny.

*I* choose not to point a loaded handgun everywhere I want to point a flashlight.

YMMV

Makes sense for carry, but inside your home the throw from the light is good enough to illuminate the room and let you identify your target. Gun kept ready but aimed down in front of you where it's not aimed at anyone is good enough to see.

*I* choose not to point a loaded handgun everywhere I want to point a flashlight.

YMMV
This is why i wanted helmet mounted nightvision/thermals, at the same time since im hunting not defending myself i dont need to make split seconds desicion, just wait for my moment. Pointing a weapon around to see is different when in your home with your fammily under stress..

Really as far as visible light is concerned you need a flashlight and a weapons lights...unless you plan on pulling your pistol to look for your carkeys you just dropped in the dark.

Personally, I love the APL. I've got the full size on my g20, and the APLc on my glock 19. Been running them for years. My selling point, they're lightweight, durable, and fairly inexpensive. Biggest selling point? I broke one once by constantly overtightening the screw.... had it for a while, inforce replaced it no questions asked. They're local too... in RI, I believe

YMMV

You can run a pistol light and a handheld you know. Since we are LARPing about home invasions and such, there are plenty of scenarios in which you may have to operate a pistol one handed because your other hand is occupied.

Bumping this cause like OP I’m looking to pick up a pistol mounted flashlight for a gen 3 g19 which i use as the bump in the night pistol (i also have a hand held flashlight right with it)...carry pistol is a pps m2...i'm between olight and inforce right now...streamlight i'm not fond of the switch mechanisms and i've read about the battery door issues...surefire is expensive but nice...heavily leaning towards one of the inforce offerings...i like the idea of the quick detach mechanism on the olight just for range trips cause i like to put my off hand index finger on the trigger guard but i should be training with the light on it so i know how it behaves so i guess that's not really a big deal...i feel like a longer light that extends past the barrel would get dirtier faster but also serve as one of those out of battery devices while still allowing easy field stripping and actually serving a purpose...on the other hand a smaller light you be more compact and not snag on anything...i don't want a strobe function and i think very high lumens would be blinding if i had to turn it on at night and actually use it...i'm heavily favoring the aplc right now cause i very much light the on/off switch paddles...but i might be able to be swayed...what do you guys think?...

olight pl mini valkyrie - 400 lumens, 250mAh non removable rechargable lithium polymer battery, not as good switch paddles, quick detach machanism, flush with front of pistol

olight pl2 valkrie - 1200 lumens, 2 cr123a batteries, not as good switch paddles, quick detach mechanism, sticks out in front of pistol, strobe setting,

olight pl1 gen 2 valkyrie - 450 lumens, 1 cr123a battery, good switch paddles, quick detach mechanism, sticks out in front of pistol,

inforce apl - 400 lumens 1 cr123a battery, good switch paddles, screwdriver to attach, sticks out in front of pistol,

inforce aplc - 200 lumens, 1 cr2 battery, good switch paddles, screwdriver to attach, flush with front of pistol,

I've got a TLR-1HL and it's way too much light for me. I've lit up my stairwell at night and I'm basically blinded afterwards. It might be fine for outdoors, but inside I'd prefer much less light.

I have the streamlight tlr1. It’s bright and reliable but large. If I were to try something different I would do one of the inforce lights, depending on intended use. Smaller if carry were a possibility larger if just for HD.

If you wait for a 15 or 20% coupon you can get a Surefire XC1 on Ebay for well under $200. Think I paid $160 or 180. I'm also a believer you don't want 600 lumens for in home use. 200-300 seems about right.

Surefire for anything thats going to get worked, x300 to be specific but their entire lineup is nice and priced accordingly. I also have been running an Inforce APL on a VP9 for about 5000 rounds with no problems. The x300 I have been running on a g19 with close to 8000 through it has been flawless and would strongly recommend if in the budget. Has been in rain, snow, and shine. For holsters check out Trex Arms kydex, Tier1 holsters, or any other reputable kydex company. Ive owned a few from 508holsters ans have been satisfied and they are local.

Pulled the trigger on the aplc...seemed like the best design of the bunch as far as the switches go...only thing I would like to see would be a quick detach mechanism

Back
Top Bottom