• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistol Case

OK, I've decided that range bags pretty much suck. Everything gets jammed into the middle and it's impossible to keep organized.

I'm looking for a pistol case that will hold a couple of handguns, ammo, glasses, earmuffs, and a few other odds and ends. A customizable interior is a must.

I've found this place: http://www.casesgalore.com/

They have a (3) pistol case for ~$35. Seems very reasonable compared to what else I've seen ($70+ elsewhere). Has anyone bought from these folks before?

Also, what do you use?

Thanks,
Matt

I use a lockable hard pistol case and an MTM Sportsman Box for ammo,earmuffs etc. The box is bright orange making it rather tough to leave behind

Everything I've read says that Pelican are the best cases to get. I was able to find an SKB at Dick's that was reviewed to have most of the Pelican features at a lower price. I love it for locking up my guns to travel to matches out of state and I plan on flying with in in a couple months. SKB Pistol case

For a shooting bag, you can go cheaper, but you can't go wrong with a Shooter's Connection or IShot. You can get IShot locally from MLE Shooting Sports and get top notch customer service from Mike as well. I use a locked I-Shot Range rug for regular trips to range for practice.

Last edited:
Take a look at these. They are camera bags and I have one of these for my
camera gear. I have toyed with the idea of getting one for a range bag. They
are on rollers and they give you a ton of padding for seperating the various
compartments. They are pricey but keep an eye on ebay. The smaller ones
sometimes come up at a reasonable price as people accumulate more gear and
outgrow them.

TBP

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Rolling_Cases/classic/Pro_Roller_Mini.aspx

The Camera Company ran a 25% off sale on everything (including Lowepro bags) on the sales tax free weekend. I got a couple of bags for digital cameras, but since they cater to camera pros, you can bet that they had these roller bags as well.

For those in the Metro-West area, keep your eyes peeled for another of their special sales. For those on the North Shore, check out any sales by Hunt Photo.

I like the idea of the SKB/Pellican case. I'll stop on the way home tonight and take a look.

I checked out local Dick's stores (Seekonk, Attleboro) and didn't find the SKB from their website. I happened to see the one I bought at a Dick's in VT and it was the only one there. I'd call around first.

Pelican cases are just about indestructable. They come with many options including "pick and pluck" diced foam inserts to customize the interior. They are also lockable, something many range bags are not and this is important when transporting if I am not mistaken...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pelican-1650-16...8QQihZ011QQcategoryZ30051QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The above link takes you to an e-bay sale for a case that's not cheap but will last at least as long as the firearms you will put inside it.

Chris

I use a Shooter's Connection bag. The I Shot large bag is a rip off of this bag. Although the ISHOT is OK, I find the Shooter's Connection bag much better and sturdier.

OpenBag_164w.jpg

The center pull out bag is strong and has built in mag holders as does the side compartment. Yes, it is expensive but you get what you pay for.

As for a hard case, I have a Pelican that I use just to haul guns when I am travelling more distance than the local range.

GAMEGUNS009.jpg

Not a good pic of the case, but you get the idea. Again, not cheap.

I also have a Pelican with wheels that holds my AR and my Rem 1100 that go to the Multigun matches.

Starlight makes a great case and I think Four Seasons sells them (or used to)
http://www.starlightcases.com/

For a quick trip to the range, the mini deluxe I SHOT bag Mike sells is good. They gave them out that the S&W IDPA Winter Championship last couple years.

pix-mini3.jpg

Sometimes it is better to have different options for what you plan to do.

Good luck,

You should look at Hardigg cases we use them to ship 20k engine parts and they are very rugged. their website has a HUMMER runnig one of their cases without a scratch.
They have lockablecases with preasure valves for transporting on planes andd I believe they are FAAcertified.
Best of all they are made in Mass.

You might want to post a link to the Harddig cases. Google threw up a lot of references, but I didn't find the company's own site listed (and harddig.com didn't work).

You did. This forum SW recognizes URLs and Email addresses automatically and makes them into hot-links . . . unlike some other sites where you MUST go thru gyrations to make a hot-link.

Pelican style cases are the best if you are shipping a firearm or plan on transporting one. We used them for firearms stored in motor vehicles. However that would limit the amount of added items taken to the range. A soft bag with several compartments might be better suited for the quick trip to the range and back home.

I gave up range bags because

they cost too much, weigh too much and hold too little.

I now use a Stanley rolling tool box. It costs about HALF of what good (Dillon, Green Mountain, etc.) tournament bag does, holds more, gives me a secure place to sit, load mags, etc. and is far more rugged.

Pulling a box on wheels beats having a strap digging into your shoulder and pinching your nerves, too.

Back
Top Bottom