• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistol/Carbine Combo

For some reason I was on a pistol/carbine combo kick a few years ago. Here's what I ended up putting together.

Keltec Sub2000/Glock 17 9mm
Ruger PC4/P91DC .40
Beretta Cx4/Px4 .45

And even though it's not really a combo I got a Lever action Rossi 480 to go beside my Ruger Super Redhawk 480.

The concept and ability to share the same mags between a pistol and carbine is great. This kinda helps to rationalize having so many mags. I have glock mags in the rifle case/ammo can for the carbine. And separately I have glock mags in my self contained range bag, safe, around the house, etc. This is probably part of a preppers game plan.

That was one of the reasons I bought the Mech-Tech upper. I've got three Glocks it fits on, which also means that I've got three Glocks that I'm accumulating mags for. I've got as least 20 loaded mags for my G17s/G34. Some in truck, some in range bag, some in safe...

I had a hipoint prior. Ugly gun but its the cockroach of rifles inexpensive reliable and can run dirty. Never had any mechanical issues even running dirty. Yes I wanted to see how reliable if operating dirty it wasn't laziness.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, I was in four seasons earlier and they had some cx4's in stock for walk in customers in addition to reserved ones. These have the longer barrels like the ones at classic firearms.

S&W 629 6" Is on order as we speak and will compliment my Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine just nicely

I've paired the 629 and Ruger 44 carbine for years. It's a great combination for white tail deer and Florida pig hunts in thicker areas.
I paired a Glock 19 with a pre ban, Colt, AR, 9mm, carbine, because it made sense to me. Good 100 yard combination.

Several 9mm pistols and a Marlin Camp 9.
Numerous 1911's and a Thompson 1927.
Colt SAA's in .45 Colt and Uberti 1873 Rifle.
Several .38/357 Revolvers and a Rossi Model 92 Lever Gun.

Beretta 96 40sw handgun and Beretta CX storm 40sw carbine, set up to use the same mags

for old school:

Marlin 1894CB lever action rifle in 45 colt, and Ruger Bisley 4 1/2" barrel, convertible that has 2 cylinders, one for 45 colt, other for 45acp; and Ruger Blackhawk 7" barrel, 45 colt. Great fun with Reloads with 300gr hollow point bullet I cast from a Mihec mold, and using H110 powder,

Back
Top Bottom