• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistol/Carbine Combo

Does anyone else have a pistol and pistol caliber carbine combo they keep on hand. I have a Glock 34 that I have partnered with a Kel Tec Sub 2K. I know there aren't to many options for this type of combination. But I think I am going to add a Kriss Vector and a Glock 41 combo to the safe next. Any thoughts?

I've got the Mech-Tech upper that goes on my G34 and G17 lowers.

Also have a Rossi .38/.357 lever action that complements my GP100 revolver nicely.

I'd love to have a Marlin .44 lever to go with my Super blackhawk, but I hear mixed reviews about them since Remington took over

Another vote for the cx4/92 combo. As a right handed, left eye guy, I really like the cx4s ability to switch all the controls (but the bolt release) from righty to lefty!! Beretta 92 pre ban mags are easy to come by.

Currently G34 and LoneWolf carbine. Looking for a decently priced
cx storm to complement my Berettas.

Been thinking about going old school cowboy. I have a SA Western Marshal .44 mag revolver by Sauer and Sohns (before they became Sig Sauer) and I'd love to add a .44 mag lever gun. Honestly I'd prefer to sell the .44 revolver for a .357 then get the lever gun to match. .44 mags in that revolver with old Colt style wooden grips is unpleasant to shoot and .44 special ammo is just as expensive. The .357 is plenty of round and the .38 special ammo is nice to shoot and much cheaper than .44 special ammo.

Certainly would not be the modern tactical combo but super cool nonetheless. With CT's retarded gun laws I can't get a tactical combo anyway, might as well go classic American.

Been thinking about going old school cowboy. I have a SA Western Marshal .44 mag revolver by Sauer and Sohns (before they became Sig Sauer) and I'd love to add a .44 mag lever gun. Honestly I'd prefer to sell the .44 revolver for a .357 then get the lever gun to match. .44 mags in that revolver with old Colt style wooden grips is unpleasant to shoot and .44 special ammo is just as expensive. The .357 is plenty of round and the .38 special ammo is nice to shoot and much cheaper than .44 special ammo.

Certainly would not be the modern tactical combo but super cool nonetheless. With CT's retarded gun laws I can't get a tactical combo anyway, might as well go classic American.
Should get something with an external hammer.

The concept and ability to share the same mags between a pistol and carbine is great. This kinda helps to rationalize having so many mags. I have glock mags in the rifle case/ammo can for the carbine. And separately I have glock mags in my self contained range bag, safe, around the house, etc. This is probably part of a preppers game plan.

wanting for a henry big boy or a marlin to go with my colt mk V revolver.

there was a marlin in the classifieds for a while but i didn't have the dough for it until this week...now that I can buy it, it's gone! go figure.

I would like a 9mm lever action carbine - the only option is a custom rebuild that runs ~2k, so that's not happening any time soon. In the meantime I'm thinking about picking up a high point carbine.

I'd love to have a Marlin .44 lever to go with my Super blackhawk, but I hear mixed reviews about them since Remington took over

They got better.

I also have a Rossi 92 and really like it. I did have it slicked up by a cowboy action gun smith, but then I also had my Pre-Remington Marlin slicked up too.

Back
Top Bottom