Pistol Caliber Carbine suggestions

Good morning all - I have an ad in the WTB section for a pistol cal carbine in either
9mm or .45 ACP and Im looking to spend about 300 bucks.

The choices I listed were the hi point, the camp carbine and whatever ruger offers for such a configuration. Again, Im being price conscious for the weapons selection as well as caliber (knowing that .45 is on the high side) and thusly excluded the Beretta and KelTec because their pricing has gone full retard (and i hate Keltec's front sites).

Am I missing any other good contendors in this search? I want a fairly rugged but inexpensive pistol cal carbine whose mags are either readily available (ie the 1911 for the camp carbine). High capacity is a nice to have but not a must hence the Hi Point.

Thanks in advance
Chris

IDC had a ruger PC40 back in december about a month ago. almost bought it except i do not want a new caliber i have to buy... it was short money, too. i expect that it's gone by now.

needed a good cleaning though, it was dirtier than the most used up french prostitute you can imagine.

You're probably ten years too late to get a Marlin under $300 . Haven't seen a 45acp Marlin in years and 9mm's are way over $300 last time I noticed .

Your timing on this is bad. I suspect you will have a very hard time even getting a Highpoint carbine in your price range at this time. I personally have a Sub2000 in 9mm and love it, especially for the fact that I can fold it to fit into a laptop case, or backpack. I almost bought a Highpoint (had one on layaway in CT) when the Sub2000 came in at my LGS. After realizing that I could use preban high caps AND fold it to make it very compact for about the same money, it was a no-brainer for me. The sights do take a bit to get used to, but once you figure it out, it is very accurate and quick to acquire a target with. I considered putting on a red dot, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of being so compact, so I just practiced with the stock sights.

Thanks, IM going to keep my eyes open - I finally have the cash and shot a hipoint a few months back - ugly but reliable little carbines.

Thanks, IM going to keep my eyes open - I finally have the cash and shot a hipoint a few months back - ugly but reliable little carbines.
Hi AngelKing. I own a Hi-Point 995TS. I think they are a very good gun and you would like it. I smile every time I shoot it. Hell, my wife even shoots it. Shots anything I put in it. Native iron sites work great for these tired eyes. You don't have to be nice to this gun. Lifetime no questions asked warranty from the manufacturer. Reasonable priced accessories.
It used to be considered a "good inexpensive" gun at around $310 out the door. Now they are no where to be found and on gunbroker they sell day in and day out for well over 5 Benjamin's! Yikes.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the look of the gun, but my taste is kinda unique...
Check out some other pic's and my little review at: http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/hipoint/hipoint.html

abag4_zpsb44edc9c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom