Pistol Caliber Carbine and Urban SHTF

I want a 9mm carbine for backyard shooting, but that's about it. If you want a sneaky sneaky pdw, MCX Rattler with a side folder is the way to go.

PCCs are definitely the rage nowadays. Seems like every manufacturer wants to put out a rifle that uses glock magazines.

There was a YT I saw that really opened my eyes on this debate. Basically, it asked the question "if you have a rifle, why aren't you shooting rifle rounds?".

So if Im using an AR, and something happens (out of rifle ammo, rifle breaks, etc.), then I just switch to the handgun.

The only practical use I can see for a PCC+handgun setup is: one magazine and one caliber takes care of everything.

However, if you're shooting a PCC, you're still shooting a handgun. In a SHTF scenario, I'd rather shoot a rifle.

PCCs are definitely the rage nowadays. Seems like every manufacturer wants to put out a rifle that uses glock magazines.

There was a YT I saw that really opened my eyes on this debate. Basically, it asked the question "if you have a rifle, why aren't you shooting rifle rounds?".

So if Im using an AR, and something happens (out of rifle ammo, rifle breaks, etc.), then I just switch to the handgun.

The only practical use I can see for a PCC+handgun setup is: one magazine and one caliber takes care of everything.

However, if you're shooting a PCC, you're still shooting a handgun. In a SHTF scenario, I'd rather shoot a rifle.

100%

I like my SUB2K that takes Glock mags and my G17 or 19, nice combination with the 33 round mag.
However, my model B UZI that is SBR'd is a tank and has a long proven track record of urban/suburban combat use which the SUB2K does not. Too bad there wasn't a handgun that took UZI mags!

But the Glock 9mm does take 33 round happy sticks.

I've got 2 sub2k's and they are fun. But I wouldn't trust them in a real shtf situation. They are just not that robust.
Folder AK all the way... and a G19
May I recommend this?28E0893F-ACA9-47B8-B312-6CC1C654A65B.jpeg
And one of these?
CBB2489B-0498-4797-B53C-27F6F61C7C6F.jpeg

IMO, a SHTF where the government is still functioning (so you still have to obey laws) is much more likely than a total breakdown.
Or one where the police aren't coming but in a week or two the government will be back and you could be held accountable for illegal actions.

People should prep for this imo, more than a Walking Dead scenario. So defending your house from roving Democratic constituents (and future voters) is a very real possibility.

Rookies...

.45 vector SBR
9MM AR9 SBR

original-7f6a2af080a579261970461c1d30100b.jpg

IMO, a SHTF where the government is still functioning (so you still have to obey laws) is much more likely than a total breakdown.
Or one where the police aren't coming but in a week or two the government will be back and you could be held accountable for illegal actions.

People should prep for this imo, more than a Walking Dead scenario. So defending your house from roving Democratic constituents (and future voters) is a very real possibility.
I agree with this. A completely collapsed society is beyond anything I could ever foresee. People generally want laws, order, and safety in their lives.

Much more likely is sort of a light collapse, where there is still currency and a grocery store. Walmart will still have toasters, briefs, and my little pony action figures.

Among this there would be some interruption in services though and increased crime. Small groups of thieves may not be uncommon.

In that sort of scenario I wouldn’t want to go to Walmart with an AR and a plate carrier, but a little extra insurance in a backpack would be great, and a sub2000 is perfect. Shares ammo and magazines with my pistol and is much quicker into action than a split AR.

I agree with this. A completely collapsed society is beyond anything I could ever foresee. People generally want laws, order, and safety in their lives.

Much more likely is sort of a light collapse, where there is still currency and a grocery store. Walmart will still have toasters, briefs, and my little pony action figures.

Among this there would be some interruption in services though and increased crime. Small groups of thieves may not be uncommon.

In that sort of scenario I wouldn’t want to go to Walmart with an AR and a plate carrier, but a little extra insurance in a backpack would be great, and a sub2000 is perfect. Shares ammo and magazines with my pistol and is much quicker into action than a split AR.

Yeah, or suppose hackers are able to disable the grid temporarily or shut down the banking system. ATMs don't work, stores accept only cash, or the trucks stop running because payment systems are down, the stores are empty in a day. The FSA who has no stored food and no cash starts rioting and maybe roaming the suburbs in pickup trucks. This could last a few weeks until the government gets things up again.

This is the scenario where you'll want a long gun for home defense, even in suburban homes you'd not need it normally.

Back
Top Bottom