• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pissed...

So I had specifically made arrangements to pick up a beautiful blue Colt 1911 (Ca. 1918 Mfg) at a Mid state shop today. This is about a hour drive each way for me, but I had a client to visit in the relative area anyway so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. So I get to the shop and there are about 5 guys just sitting around bullshitting. No biggie. I speak to the shop owner and he says I'm SOL because NCIS is down. All these other guys are waiting as well.

I had this blue steel beauty in my hands and I couldn't leave with it. I'm Pissed.. I had to leave to pick up my daughter from school and drop her at Gymnastics so I couldn't hang around. Anyway I did the paperwork and the Shop Owner said he would call when the system was back up and the paperwork was processed.

He called me when I was halfway home. All set. Damn!
Now I just have to figure a time to get back out to the boondocks to pick it up.

I've been hearing alot about system crashes as of late. Beginning to think its orchestrated by Barry to piss us off.

Well, at least you got it, now its just a matter of getting there. I've driven a hell of a lot further for things I've wanted.

Congrats either way, sounds like a nice piece.

It all makes sense now!

A democratic executive office scheme to drive hunters and other gun owners to turn out in huge numbers on election day, ensure a republican majority in the house and senate. This gives the democrats somebody (other than Obama) to blame as the economy goes down the drain over the next two years...

Well, at least you got it, now its just a matter of getting there. I've driven a hell of a lot further for things I've wanted.

Yeah I once sat in traffic for 5 hours during a blizzard after buying a gun. The road was closed and nobody was going anywhere. At least I had a cool gun to play with while waiting

+1 it's a little extra time but you get to have the gun you want.

Yeah the new NICS system is buggy as hell. I've never had it crash outright, but I have had it log me in as the wrong person after entering my user ID, security question and password. Its also quite frequently slower than molasses going uphill in an ice storm. Anyway, good luck getting your new Colt. Sounds like a new piece.

Yeah I once sat in traffic for 5 hours during a blizzard after buying a gun. The road was closed and nobody was going anywhere. At least I had a cool gun to play with while waiting

I bought a gun online and mailed the check the day before 911. We chatted email over the next few weeks and when I decided to put a stop payment on it (I thought it was blowing around NY City) he called me and said he received it and the shipment was on its way.

Back
Top Bottom