• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Piscataqua fish and game

I have heard that some clubs -(not about this one) have bad attitudes toward folks that are not part of the in group.
I would like to know a bit a bout these folks and if they welcome new people.
And how busy the range is.

I watched their range safety videos on YouTube so I think I know what the range looks like.
We mostly shoot 9mm handguns, but also do a bit of 357Sig, and have a couple AR 15s.

My wife and I are members of NRA, currently good thru Aug 2021, and are stupid POS deplorables.
We have breakfast at Countryview on some weekends and it would be fun to go across the street and do a bit of shooting.

A ham radio club meets there (I took my technicians exam there last Sat). Club is small but looks nice. Folks were friendly.

The road going in is narrow and posted at 25mph. I was warned the cops will be waiting during a club meeting.

Honestly, I wish it was closer.

I consider it a bit of a mixed bag, but I'm also coming from the Pemi fish and game which is awesome in my opinion.

The good -
- Location is good, especially for where I live (10 minutes away)
- They have recently started hosting action shooting and steel matches
- Range is kept pretty clean and there's always a target stand available to use when I've gone there (I never go on weekends as I'm typically working or doing family stuff)
- Can shoot clay targets on range as long as you clean up (there is no trap range)
- Can renew membership online and print your own membership card.

The bad -
- Orientation was 6 EFFING HOURS!!! I went through it almost 2 years ago and it still bothers me to this day. They had us show up at 6:30 during the regular monthly meeting, go through some orientation stuff and we were there until 10pm. THEN we had to go back on Sunday morning for 2 more hours to walk us down to the range and go through all the range rules and procedures we went through during the orientation/ meeting the other night. I probably would of been more OK with it had we been told to expect something like that prior to showing up, but we obviously weren't.
- Can't draw from a holster/ Can't shoot steel (matches are exception)
- There's some infighting going on between the FUDD's who don't like the action shooting and the members who want action shooting.

I've never been there and had to wait to shoot. Few time's I've been the only one there, but I'm also a 2 o'clock on a Tuesday kinda shooter cause that's when I can get the time. I've definitely felt very welcomed by everyone I've come across at the club. Wide range of member's here, literally 5 minutes apart from each other I've had one person tell me my silencers are illegal and then another guy walks in with his cans.

Basically it's a serviceable small place to shoot that's close and convenient. I'm more than happy to bring anyone as a guest if they want to check out the facilities before getting on the wait list. Oh yeah, there's a wait list.

Thank you for the offer to visit.
I am currently traveling to NY to test a vacuum reflow oven every week so I only have weekends available.
I’ll let you know if I get to stay home one week and we’ll see we can get together.

I was thinking of a family membership that included my wife but the loooong orientation would drive her nuts.
She is a college professor, dosen’t like wasting time, wants to get to the conclusion quickly.

Thank you for the offer to visit.
I am currently traveling to NY to test a vacuum reflow oven every week so I only have weekends available.
I’ll let you know if I get to stay home one week and we’ll see we can get together.

I was thinking of a family membership that included my wife but the loooong orientation would drive her nuts.
She is a college professor, dosen’t like wasting time, wants to get to the conclusion quickly.

Join yourself and bring her as your guest every time. There's no charge to bring a guest, they just have to sign the release form before going down to the range. I believe you can bring 2 guests per visit.

I consider it a bit of a mixed bag, but I'm also coming from the Pemi fish and game which is awesome in my opinion.

The good -
- Location is good, especially for where I live (10 minutes away)
- They have recently started hosting action shooting and steel matches
- Range is kept pretty clean and there's always a target stand available to use when I've gone there (I never go on weekends as I'm typically working or doing family stuff)
- Can shoot clay targets on range as long as you clean up (there is no trap range)
- Can renew membership online and print your own membership card.

The bad -
- Orientation was 6 EFFING HOURS!!! I went through it almost 2 years ago and it still bothers me to this day. They had us show up at 6:30 during the regular monthly meeting, go through some orientation stuff and we were there until 10pm. THEN we had to go back on Sunday morning for 2 more hours to walk us down to the range and go through all the range rules and procedures we went through during the orientation/ meeting the other night. I probably would of been more OK with it had we been told to expect something like that prior to showing up, but we obviously weren't.
- Can't draw from a holster/ Can't shoot steel (matches are exception)
- There's some infighting going on between the FUDD's who don't like the action shooting and the members who want action shooting.

I've never been there and had to wait to shoot. Few time's I've been the only one there, but I'm also a 2 o'clock on a Tuesday kinda shooter cause that's when I can get the time. I've definitely felt very welcomed by everyone I've come across at the club. Wide range of member's here, literally 5 minutes apart from each other I've had one person tell me my silencers are illegal and then another guy walks in with his cans.

Basically it's a serviceable small place to shoot that's close and convenient. I'm more than happy to bring anyone as a guest if they want to check out the facilities before getting on the wait list. Oh yeah, there's a wait list.

I appreciate the info. Sounds like I’ll continue looking.

If you don't mind driving there is Major Waldron's in Barrington. It is a nice range. I'm a member there. Last I knew there were 700 members but the weekends are usually dead. After you send in your application and get a response, you attend the next members meeting held every 3rd Monday at 6 or 7pm (I can't recall the exact time). This meeting is not long, maybe an hour or so, 2 hours tops. The following Saturday you attend the outdoor range qualification. Which is not long and the length generally depends on how many people are there qualifying. Qualifying is not an involved process. Basically you just have to show you're not a retard and can follow the common sense rules. One rule which some may not care for is that you leave guns with the actions open and with said ejection port face up.

They did just install cameras unfortunately due to some recent incidents of people acting like retards. One instance I heard about was someone found a pool of blood on the short side with a blood trail leading out and up the ramp to the parking lot.

Other than that the range is nice. Outdoor range is covered, there is a 50 yd short side with metal stands you can place at any distance. On the long side you have targets at 100, 200, and 300 yards with steel targets at 200 and 300. Something like 10-12 stations on the long side. They also have several shotgun ranges where you can shoot skeet and trap. There is also an indoor range that you can qualify for after one year of membership. Qualification is similar to the outdoor range but they are less forgiving of mistakes since it is expensive to fix bullet holes. The ventilation is not the greatest last I knew.

They did just install cameras unfortunately due to some recent incidents of people acting like retards. One instance I heard about was someone found a pool of blood on the short side with a blood trail leading out and up the ramp to the parking lot.

Oh come on now, it wasn't quite a pool. More like, "widespread splattering and dripping" haha

Back
Top Bottom